Start date for new series?

2»

Comments

• HMOHMO Posts: 42,143
    Forum Member
    It feels like it just finished, and it's back again next month! :D Where does the time fly? :eek:

We've been kept occupied well on Saturday nights, with Splash!, Saturday Night Takeaway and Britain's Got Talent :D

I also think they should simply not have a sing-off from week 8 onwards. We can get rid of the joke acts then (if they haven't gone already).
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Gossip wrote: »
    I think Simon said it may start in Septembe like series 1 as it's when kids go back to school, so tere will be children discussing it and everyone will be back from holiday, so they could do it every Saturday and Sunday.

I thought kids go back around 20th august? I remember when I was at school
    X Factor always started the last weekend before I was back at school [started on like 20th and I was back at school on like 22nd/23rd]
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Also, dragging out the live shows was an issue last year. 150 minutes for 12/13 performances is ridiculous.

Oh gawd I completely agree with you there. especially when every 2 performances there's a bloody 5 minute ad break :eek:
    Forum Member
    Oh gawd I completely agree with you there. especially when every 2 performances there's a bloody 5 minute ad break :eek:

You have to wonder if it hurts ITV to have 3 performances, and then a short break. Still, could be worse - they could have a break after every one performance.
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do the best and worst usually start beginning of August or will they start soon ??
  • R2Y5A0N2R2Y5A0N2 Posts: 54,679
    Forum Member
    16 finalists for the live shows. No wildcard, just 4 acts from each category. This way we can have a few double eliminations.
  • R2Y5A0N2R2Y5A0N2 Posts: 54,679
    Forum Member
    10th of August start date I think. Just a wild guess though.
    Forum Member
    16 finalists for the live shows. No wildcard, just 4 acts from each category. This way we can have a few double eliminations.

No silly twist like getting rid of 4 acts in the first week, no putting through acts that are going to cause controversy (e.g Frankie), and a four person final would be great as well.

They need to create characters.

I hope the final is a week later this year, so the series finished on December 15th.
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    Its usually mid to late august so I reckon 17th
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • shraineshraine Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian Royce mentioned today it would be in September. That's what came out of his mouth.
    Forum Member
    shraine wrote: »
    Ian Royce mentioned today it would be in September. That's what came out of his mouth.

Maybe he meant that these arena auditions would air in September.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    No silly twist like getting rid of 4 acts in the first week, no putting through acts that are going to cause controversy (e.g Frankie), and a four person final would be great as well.

They need to create characters.

I hope the final is a week later this year, so the series finished on December 15th.

Amen, I liked the series 7 format minus the unnecessary controversy, I would also like to see a four person final and this is coming from the biggest critic of The Voice a four act final works better and makes the final seem like more of an event.
    shraine wrote: »

Who is Ian Royce? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    Amen, I liked the series 7 format minus the unnecessary controversy, I would also like to see a four person final and this is coming from the biggest critic of The Voice a four act final works better and makes the final seem like more of an event.

Who is Ian Royce? :)

Warm up man for auditions.
  • SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    31th August 2013
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing 100% confirmed yet, when you search for X Factor start date on twitter all the articles are from last year.