Katy Perry - 'Prism' [22.10.13]

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Martin and Dr Luke are still involved so i's doubtful i think it'll be darker bt still retain some of those great pop songs.

Oh really. Hmm
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh really. Hmm

I was concerned at first too. But even if it jsut 1 or 2 songs i suppose she has to first cement her status before moving on fully.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very true HM
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very true HM

The only other confrimed i know are of course Sia and Bonnie Mckee (Co-wrote Teenage Dream etc) so its kind of hard to tell what it will be like. I hope like OOTB there a few solely penned songs by her as Mannequin, Thinking Of You, One Of The Boys etc show whata great writer she can be :)
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    I adore the 'prism' title.... and that pic of the truck... is a clever idea...with everyone tweeting pics of it when they see it.... the original pic has a retro 80's epic soft rock feel to it. Nice new artistic direction. I think that the album will be a mix of rock - pop - dance ...
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    I'm ready for some new Katy material! I love her :) I'm not sure about the album title though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I adore the 'prism' title.... and that pic of the truck... is a clever idea...with everyone tweeting pics of it when they see it.... the original pic has a retro 80's epic soft rock feel to it. Nice new artistic direction. I think that the album will be a mix of rock - pop - dance ...

Same here i feel her maybe revisiting the sound of OOTB but more mature :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the album is supposed to be dark, Prism is an odd title since it's pretty much the exact opposite, although she could be using it to mean transparency and forgetting about the light reflection aspect.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Ohhh I like the title, wouldn't expect that from her....

When I first saw this on twitter I was wondering why is she already releasing another album already, then I remember that Teenage Dream was almost 3 years ago now, its just that the era went on for ageeeeees! I thought she would disappear a bit more first but obviously not...

Anyway, welcome back Katy :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Ohhh I like the title, wouldn't expect that from her....

When I first saw this on twitter I was wondering why is she already releasing another album already, then I remember that Teenage Dream was almost 3 years ago now, its just that the era went on for ageeeeees! I thought she would disappear a bit more first but obviously not...

Anyway, welcome back Katy :D

It has been a year and half since she re-releasdd TD too it does seem like yesterday though :p

And Prism maybe the different facets of her personality. Going form the dark to Light so many things it could be :p
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two song titles revealed in the Elle interview: 'It Takes Two' and 'Unconditional'

http://i.imgur.com/OTqRDmi.jpg

pretty sure we've already been told there's a song with Sia called 'Double Rainbow' too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    If the album is supposed to be dark, Prism is an odd title since it's pretty much the exact opposite, although she could be using it to mean transparency and forgetting about the light reflection aspect.
    I'm pretty sure it's called 'Prism' because it's a concept album on the life and works of Isaac Newton. I expect the song 'It Takes Two' is going to be about Newton's rivalry/dispute with Robert Hooke.

I would expect no less from a great thinker like Perry and I can't wait to hear it. I'm sure I won't be disappointed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    It has been a year and half since she re-releasdd TD too it does seem like yesterday though :p

And Prism maybe the different facets of her personality. Going form the dark to Light so many things it could be :p

I like that

I actually remember the original concept of Christina's album was meant to be Light and Darkness, but it eventually became Bionic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like that

I actually remember the original concept of Christina's album was meant to be Light and Darkness, but it eventually became Bionic.

Well there isn't much else to take from it really it splits the light showing the spectrum i.e a Rainbow has many sides she said it was to be darker so yeah thats my thoughts :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lead single apparently called 'Roar' (or 'Rawr' *vomit smilie*)

http://idolator.com/7472562/katy-perry-roar-rawr#more-7472562
  • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She teased this album as much more darker than her last album, which really excites me. Could this be her Rated r?

I always thought she was joking about that and fans kind've ran with it? If you're referring to the "really f*cking dark" comment. Either way, I can't wait for this! I love the album name and single is rumoured to be titled "Roar"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always thought she was joking about that and fans kind've ran with it? If you're referring to the "really f*cking dark" comment. Either way, I can't wait for this! I love the album name and single is rumoured to be titled "Roar"

I think her genuine intention is darker than Teenage Dream so expect less of the Peacock type songs but i think she was genuinely serious she has stated it more than once :)

As for the single title Rainbow has been knocking around too. I think people genuinely have no clue :D i mean Prism and it's gold Lorry took everybody by srprise :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's true, she took us all by suprise. I mean for example, we have known about Artpop for ages as it has been a work in progress. But the fact we got a title and release date from Katy on a lorry, was so not predicted. I like it. It was a lovely piece of news of to wake up to
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's true, she took us all by suprise. I mean for example, we have known about Artpop for ages as it has been a work in progress. But the fact we got a title and release date from Katy on a lorry, was so not predicted. I like it. It was a lovely piece of news of to wake up to

Yes she did somewhat steal Gag's thunde :p a lorry overshadowing an App an experience the next generation in multi media bla bla bla. Katy's answer gold truck all that was needed :p
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    It's going to be interesting to see what Katy does with this album. Mainstream music, especially in the US, is heading in a less pop, more rhythmic direction, so maybe more songs like E.T.

Dr. Luke isn't a bad producer imo. I feel like people haven't listened to his full discography, he's produced many pop-rock and also hip hop tracks. Some of these pop fans that criticize him clearly have only heard his #1 hits or something. Listen to the song he did with T.I. and Eminem, he's capable of doing "darker" music.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lead single 'Roar' apparently released August 9th
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Is that August 9th WW or just US and selected territories. If the album is Ocotber i doubt The UK will get it before September.
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Capitol have apparently said the press release is bullsh*t -

https://twitter.com/SlaytyKaty/status/362621385325019136/photo/1/large
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So 3008 wrote: »
    Capitol have apparently said the press release is bullsh*t -

https://twitter.com/SlaytyKaty/status/362621385325019136/photo/1/large

Shame, I was excited about the lenticular album cover. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame, I was excited about the lenticular album cover. :(

Same here like i loved the original Deluxe with it's gatefold pack and Candyfloss scent :p