Options

Matt Smith failed audition for Inbetweeners!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
Forum Member
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a188897/matt-smith-rejected-for-inbetweeners.html

Very interesting article, and good news for us as Doctor Who fans! Always interesting to know when actors do or don´t get parts. Also interesting that he was too ¨good looking.. Heroic..Leading man¨ etc. Also very good news for Doctor Who.

Also very good news for the Inbetweeners as I love Simon Bird as Will!

Comments

• Options
    NewbieCanuckNewbieCanuck Posts: 6,698
    Forum Member
    I think he'd also look too old for the part! He really can't pass for less than early 20s in my opinion.

Acting aside, there are some roles people aren't suited for because of their appearance. When I saw Matt for the first time on "The 11th Doctor" I could immediately see him as the Doctor... those big hands that he couldn't keep still!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well the cast of the Inbetweeners are all in there early to mid 20´s and Simon Bird must be a similar age to Matt Smith so I think he could have done it age wise.
  • Options
    mikkyhmikkyh Posts: 1,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's too talented for Inbetweeners. Don't get me wrong - I really like it and think Will Smith is very talented.

But, he just wouldn't suit it. Wheras I think he will make the pefect Doctor!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mikkyh wrote: »
    I think he's too talented for Inbetweeners. Don't get me wrong - I really like it and think Will Smith is very talented.

But, he just wouldn't suit it. Wheras I think he will make the pefect Doctor!

WOW Will Smith was in the Inbetweeners!? I must have missed that one! :D
  • Options
    mikkyhmikkyh Posts: 1,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOW Will Smith was in the Inbetweeners!? I must have missed that one! :D

No...I think you misread my post!
  • Options
    NewbieCanuckNewbieCanuck Posts: 6,698
    Forum Member
    Well the cast of the Inbetweeners are all in there early to mid 20´s and Simon Bird must be a similar age to Matt Smith so I think he could have done it age wise.

Not a matter of how old you are, it's a matter of how old you look
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slightly divergent, but I think Nicholas Hoult would be a good Doctor in the future sometime.