Could Jenny Flint Be The Doctor's Daughter Jenny?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
Forum Member
Just a though...

When Jenny Flint was ready to go into combat against the supermodels. She remained me of Georgie Moffat's "Jenny". Could we soon discover that both are the same character? That Georgie Moffat's character has now regenerated into Catrin Stewart's character?

Comments

• Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *sigh* The Doctor kissed her and Jenny can't regenerate only come back from the dead
  • ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because Jenny is SUCH an uncommon name...
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Nope.

She's not and they snogged. Well, he kissed her but they're related.

Can people just let this baseless theory go now?
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    On the 11th Doctor kissed her thing I hear the 10th may have had a kiss or two with her as well
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As well as kissing her, that screwdriver gag would also make it massively inappropriate...
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else thought when she stripped off to her fighting outfit, 'Homage to the Avengers, seeing Diana Rigg's in it this week!'
  • FATCHOPSFATCHOPS Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Allan_Duke wrote: »
    Just a though...

When Jenny Flint was ready to go into combat against the supermodels. She remained me of Georgie Moffat's "Jenny". Could we soon discover that both are the same character? That Georgie Moffat's character has now regenerated into Catrin Stewart's character?

Yes. I've always thought it.
  • C. SamuraiC. Samurai Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    FATCHOPS wrote: »

..And despite the fact the two snogged in today's episode...you still think this?

Give up
    Forum Member

Why though?

There's been no evidence in the three episodes that Jenny Flint has appeared in so far to suggest that she's that Jenny at all.

It's more a case of some fans wanting her to be that Jenny rather than her actually being so.
  • Banks246Banks246 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really wish Jenny did not regenerate at the end of that episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    ea91 wrote: »
    Because Jenny is SUCH an uncommon name...

It was in the Victorian era.

"Before 1906 the name was fairly uncommon, but it gained some recognition after George Bernard Shaw used it for the main female character in The Doctor's Dilemma"

Interesting
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    C. Samurai wrote: »
    ..And despite the fact the two snogged in today's episode...you still think this?

Give up

It wasn't a snog. It was a friendly kiss for someone that had saved his life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't a snog. It was a friendly kiss for someone that had saved his life.

So you would kiss your daughter like that? :D
  • jimbo_bobjimbo_bob Posts: 1,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Banks246 wrote: »

Exactly. I worry about some people's family life sometimes. That was a blatant snog the Doctor had with Jenny; I wouldn't kiss a female cousin like that, let alone my Daughter :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't have a daughter. I would kiss a friend like that.
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    cylob49 wrote: »
    It was in the Victorian era.

"Before 1906 the name was fairly uncommon, but it gained some recognition after George Bernard Shaw used it for the main female character in The Doctor's Dilemma"

Interesting
    That refers to Jennifer, not Jenny. We actually don't know for sure that that's what Jenny is short for. It could in fact be Jane. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenny_(given_name)
  • Shandyman81Shandyman81 Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Anyone else thought when she stripped off to her fighting outfit, 'Homage to the Avengers, seeing Diana Rigg's in it this week!'

Not really as it's the same fighting outfit she wore in The Snowmen....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    I really wish Jenny did not regenerate at the end of that episode.

She didn't regenerate, though I know what you mean. Her refusal to stay dead was hopefully linked to the terra-forming combined with Time Lord Genes. On the plus side, sharing a name with someone is not necessarily a sign that it's the same character - the name was even more popular in Victorian times. On the minus side - the ability to have more than one stab at life is far more of a defining feature...

I just hope that Clara's little habit of not staying dead isn't a clue to indicate that 'Jenny Who' is on her way back. After all, Moffat was the one to suggest that she came back to life. The story is that he thought it was too obvious if she died at the end. I hope that's true and NOT that this long game he's been playing is even longer than we realise.

I've heard theories that Clara is River, Rose, The Rani, Borusa, The Corsair and Paul McGann. However Clara is Jenny (daughter) is one that's passed me by (I'm glad to say)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know several people with my name. Are we simply the same person, but for whatever reason look different? Am I just a fob watched Time Lord?

The idea of two separate people who have no real reason to know of each other having the same name? Unheard of!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My personal opinion is I'd like it if Jenny (the Doctors Daughter) came back. I think that would be an interestingly different dynamic for a companion to be family. Like when the show started. The kiss he gave Jenny wasn't sexual.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My personal opinion is I'd like it if Jenny (the Doctors Daughter) came back. I think that would be an interestingly different dynamic for a companion to be family. Like when the show started. The kiss he gave Jenny wasn't sexual.

Nope it wasn't, bit it's also not a kiss you would do to your daughter.
    Forum Member

No but at the same time, Jenny Flint is NOT that Jenny.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    No but at the same time, Jenny Flint is NOT that Jenny.

In your opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope it wasn't, bit it's also not a kiss you would do to your daughter.

If it is he doesn't know it is. And it's not actually his daughter. It's him.
  • Shandyman81Shandyman81 Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    In your opinion.

I'm sure Moffat has stated they are not the same Jenny.... I'll see if I can find the quote.

Anyway it's obvious they aren't the same.