sophie and Brendans Charleston

14567810»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anyone else still going back quite often to watch this charleston? i can't help but watch it at least 5 times a day...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Becky245 wrote: »
    anyone else still going back quite often to watch this charleston? i can't help but watch it at least 5 times a day...

Not quite as often as that, but yes I do like to keep rewatching it!
  • titfortattitfortat Posts: 9,126
    Forum Member
    Still my fav dance of the year so far and one of the best ever I have to guess. It took your breath away. Amazing. :D:D
  • JVSJVS Posts: 12,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sophie honestly looked like a real professional. Craig said on ITT he would have given her a 10, but there was something about one of the lifts. Very vague and non-specific - I suspect it was just too early in the series and it would have left them nowhere to go if they gave 4x10s.

Worth seeing over and over again;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRsan_COiD0
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will probably get shouted at but Sophie has had a lot of dance training. Week in week out she is good and on par with Natalie and yet people give Natalie a hard time. Sophie keeps it very quiet. I actually like her very much but cant support her for those reasons. I am a little surprised because she comes across as a very nice person, why not admit to having had dance training. Abby too is very good and there is no way both the girls could be as good as they are without having had any training. So if people are looking for a journey candidate it should be Rachel IMO.:)

And before anyone asks I have no evidence, just my observations.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    I will probably get shouted at but Sophie has had a lot of dance training. Week in week out she is good and on par with Natalie and yet people give Natalie a hard time. Sophie keeps it very quiet. I actually like her very much but cant support her for those reasons. I am a little surprised because she comes across as a very nice person, why not admit to having had dance training. Abby too is very good and there is no way both the girls could be as good as they are without having had any training. So if people are looking for a journey candidate it should be Rachel IMO.:)

so just your opinion then no actual facts or evidence
  • Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As far as we know, no she hasn't. I don't know why you'd say she's had "a lot of dance training" and then say you have no evidence.

On stage, Sophie does more of a spontaneous awkward shimmy than a full on choreographed routine.
  • musicangelmusicangel Posts: 7,164
    Forum Member
    She hadn't had any training
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Based on Sophie's live performances on youtube, I'd say it's highly unlikely she's had any dance training prior to Strictly. Try this one, for example, you'll see she doesn't move off the one spot:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v83FvlLIqAk

I rather think that doing Strictly will improve her live performances because she'll be able to dance a bit now.
  • SWRD85SWRD85 Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

All I can say is - looooooooooooooool
  • JVSJVS Posts: 12,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will probably get shouted at but Sophie has had a lot of dance training... So if people are looking for a journey candidate it should be Rachel IMO.:)

Rachel, too, has had lessons.

Just guessing. :rolleyes: