Has the Radio Times given away the final 4?

aquaplexaquaplex Posts: 378
Forum Member
Their cover the other week only had 4 contestants on it- all of which are still in it. Surely they can't have been that careless?

Comments

• TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who are on the cover? I'm dying to know. :o I am thinking Susan will be gone next week.
  • floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    Only four you say? Hmm... was Tom on the cover? I bet you he's fluked it again!
  • floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    Better to put it as a spoiler in case people don't want to know.
  • ultrosultros Posts: 8,504
    Forum Member
    Yes who's on the cover,don't leave us hanging :mad:
  • OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah! They posted something on the cover saying "Just because they're on the cover, doesn't mean they've made the final".

i think it was Helen, Suzie, Tom and Jim on the cover.
  • JamesbucJamesbuc Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    I think there was Tom, Helen, Susan and Jim?

There was also a line on the cover below the pics of the four claiming that this isnt the final line up and does not contain spoilers.
  • JepsonJepson Posts: 3,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesbuc wrote: »
    I think there was Tom, Helen, Susan and Jim?

There was also a line on the cover below the pics of the four claiming that this isnt the final line up and does not contain spoilers.

Which is quite interesting.

Did they put on the four finalists and then realise their mistake and add the text to cover it up.

Or, if they are claiming it isn't a spoiler, does that mean that the final four are definitely different?

One way or the other, we still don't know. :D
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jepson wrote: »
    Which is quite interesting.

Did they put on the four finalists and then realise their mistake and add the text to cover it up.

Or, if they are claiming it isn't a spoiler, does that mean that the final four are definitely different?

One way or the other, we still don't know. :D

If that was the case one of them are not in the final and Natasha is, that is the only other possibility now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jim, Tom, Helen, Susan
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They probably picked the four most talked about contestants out of the eight at the time (this was before someone in the editing suite fell asleep on the bitch button for Melody's edit) and, as a function of the editing, because people who get right to the end tend to get more focus than people who dont, that's who has (probably) wound up in the Final Four.

I doubt they knew who was in the final four (they probably knew the next one or two firings) anyway and I don't know why they'd put them on the front if they did? They're not going to get retroactive extra sales once the public know who the finallists are, and it's not as though they can claim to be prescient like most people who pass spoilers off as spec are. They're just looking to shift units that week, so they put the most intriguing candidates on the front page.
  • cat's whiskascat's whiskas Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I chucked away all my old Radio Times on Monday but I distinctly remember this one. It looks like RT has made a right boob with this! I know Apprentice is filmed months before it is aired so RT would have known who the last 4 were when it when to press.
  • aquaplexaquaplex Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    Yes very unimpressed. At the time they were making the cover, Melody was probably one of the bigger characters so if they were to have put te better known faces on, then she should have been on. Oh well
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I chucked away all my old Radio Times on Monday but I distinctly remember this one. It looks like RT has made a right boob with this! I know Apprentice is filmed months before it is aired so RT would have known who the last 4 were when it when to press.

To be fair, it could be the TA production team's fault. They send out a press release with publicity photos. A RT staff member would pick the best or most interesting looking photo as a cover photo without knowing how the episode would end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In a final bit of subtefuge the News of the World listed Natasha as fired on their website when I checked it out over a week ago.