15 ludicrous contestants

Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/feature/a592591/ranking-the-15-most-ludicrous-x-factor-contestants-of-all-time.html#~oOaFYTskroBGRb

I'd call them novelty acts rather than ludicrous...and I wouldn't have Rhydian there, to me he's one of the best acts X Factor has ever had :cool:

Comments

• Tiggeraspi123Tiggeraspi123 Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    I'd also disagree with Kitty. She actually could sing and presented properly could have garnered more respect instead of the annual 'Novelty act'.
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/feature/a592591/ranking-the-15-most-ludicrous-x-factor-contestants-of-all-time.html#~oOaFYTskroBGRb

I'd call them novelty acts rather than ludicrous...and I wouldn't have Rhydian there, to me he's one of the best acts X Factor has ever had :cool:

Quite!! Tbh it really p***es me off! Rhydian has an amazing voice and is NOT a joke act. It's getting tedious and boring reading articles that lump him in with all the novelty acts.....not to mention it shows up the authors as short sighted and ill informed! >:(
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rattie wrote: »
    Quite!! Tbh it really p***es me off! Rhydian has an amazing voice and is NOT a joke act. It's getting tedious and boring reading articles that lump him in with all the novelty acts.....not to mention it shows up the authors as short sighted and ill informed! >:(

Agree!
    Jedward and Kitty aren't "novelty" or "joke" acts either.
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rattie wrote: »

Absolutely, He was "different" but in a good way. They're just rehashing old nonsense about him (like not wanting to meet him on a dark night *missing rolleyessmiley* )

And other they have mentioned have done pretty well from their XF experience so being the joke act didn't do them any harm (e.g. Rylan and Jedward)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Louis Walsh is the kiss of death of any singers credibility
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Pisses me off Rhydian was in there :mad:
    To be fair that article did say he was a "wonderful singer" but he was NOT a joke act and had an amazing voice and performance/showman skills. He was 'different' and theatrical but it was in a good way. One of the best contestants on XF, ever IMO :cool:
    Johnny Robinson actually had quite a good voice, and Kitty could really sing and perform as well!
  • zolugzolug Posts: 2,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jedward started out as a joke but by golly they really turned it around for themselves.Bless their little hearts.;-)
  • s.mouses.mouse Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Kitty Brucknell should not be on that list.
  • Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with what most of you are saying. Rhydian should not be in the list. He is one of the best ever acts on the X-factor. When they announced that Leon Jackson had won over Rhydian, I remember being so gobsmacked that I had to ask my son if I had heard what had been said correctly, and I couldn't sleep that night for thinking about it. Where is Leon Jackson now compared to how well Rhydian has done?

I also think that Kitty Bucknell shouldn't be in the list as she had a great voice, and it was what the programme did with her that made her lose out.

There are plenty of other acts who could take the places of Rhydian and Kitty in the list.
  • gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Pisses me off Rhydian was in there :mad:
    To be fair that article did say he was a "wonderful singer" but he was NOT a joke act and had an amazing voice and performance/showman skills. He was 'different' and theatrical but it was in a good way. One of the best contestants on XF, ever IMO :cool:
    Johnny Robinson actually had quite a good voice, and Kitty could really sing and perform as well!

Johnny Robinson was turned into a joke act by Louis, he just followed his mentors advice and let him turn him into the joke of the show that year, when he auditioned he had a great voice and stunned a lot of people, I hated watching what he was turned into.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw Rhydian in the Rocky Horror Show, he played Rocky and he was very good in it. :-)
  • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    gcmac wrote: »
    Johnny Robinson was turned into a joke act by Louis, he just followed his mentors advice and let him turn him into the joke of the show that year, when he auditioned he had a great voice and stunned a lot of people, I hated watching what he was turned into.

They could have had Johnny Robinson come out every week with credible songs and performances - but in reality he was never going to have a career in the music industry. His music would never appeal to a mass audience. I don't think he could even tap into the Mother's Day gift-giving market that the likes of Sam Bailey has slotted into.

I think producers know who would, realistically, never have a career in the industry so just assign them roles for the entertainment of the show.

However, Kitty was in the same series but I don't believe she was being portrayed as a ''joke act''. She was a great singer but she was also about the performance and spectacle. I think producers wanted an eccentric Lady Gaga type. As Gaga has proven, being weird and out there doesn't necessarily mean you're a novelty act.