iPhone 6 release time?

Comments

• innitrichieinnitrichie Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member
    Hi

Just been on the Three website, pre order goes live this afternoon. Anyone any ideas what time this afternoon?

Thanks

Baz

From 2pm.
  • hybridtheoryhybridtheory Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aurichie wrote: »
    From 2pm.

Hi

Ok, thx for that :-) I hope their prices are a bit cheaper than Vodafone.

Baz
  • hybridtheoryhybridtheory Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi

Ive just checked My3 Account, Im not able to upgrade until next month? Can I upgrade, pay the rest of the contract and pre order over the fone with Three today?

Thx

Baz
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    Just put an order in for a 64GB Space Grey iPhone 6. If anyone is in Apple Festival Place at 12PM - 1PM come say hi:)
  • IzakIzak Posts: 3,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So disappointed. I waited ages this morning for the Apple Store to go live, kept refreshing the page, etc then when it finally went live. I picked the iPhone 6 Plus Steel Grey 64GB and it said delivery on 19/09. I proceeded to checkout and it still said 19/09 but as I clicked Confirm Purchase, it altered to 30 Sept to 3 Oct :( I must have just been pipped to the post by someone else.
  • Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    What's gripped my sh*t are the people buying both phones so they can return one of them.... Selfish.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    What's gripped my sh*t are the people buying both phones so they can return one of them.... Selfish.

Although people are saying that you'll probably find one is to 'put on ebay' then when it doesn't sell for the inflated price they will be listing it at (say £400+ on the shop price) they'll send it back.
  • Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Izak wrote: »
    So disappointed. I waited ages this morning for the Apple Store to go live, kept refreshing the page, etc then when it finally went live. I picked the iPhone 6 Plus Steel Grey 64GB and it said delivery on 19/09. I proceeded to checkout and it still said 19/09 but as I clicked Confirm Purchase, it altered to 30 Sept to 3 Oct :( I must have just been pipped to the post by someone else.

Same thing happened to me, I ordered at 8:45, and I don't think the Apple store came on till 8:20, so within 25 mins they had sold out. Then I try and see if i can order in store, and i can't even do that as no iphones are available. >:(

Maybe it's a sign I shouldn't be buying one.
  • Auntie ClimaxAuntie Climax Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't get on till well past 9am. Took ages for the site to get back up, then when it did I was told that what I was trying to order was "Currently unavailable". Eventually, after I got to work and after attempting to get on many more times, I managed to order one and the delivery estimate was 3-4 weeks. :(

Not too bothered, though, will give me time to get paid again and not have to worry about the old bank balance. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same thing happened to me, I ordered at 8:45, and I don't think the Apple store came on till 8:20, so within 25 mins they had sold out. Then I try and see if i can order in store, and i can't even do that as no iphones are available. >:(

Maybe it's a sign I shouldn't be buying one.

You can get one - you just can't get one for launch day. Is it THAT important to have it on the very first day?
  • Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can get one - you just can't get one for launch day. Is it THAT important to have it on the very first day?

No, I guess not, but next friday I'll still have at least 2 weeks to wait for the phone. If it was like being delivered the next week or so it wouldn't be as bad.
  • IzakIzak Posts: 3,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't be that desperate for the new iPhone to queue up for hours outside a shop. :) Much rather wait a few more days to get mine delivered!!

I'm quite pleased having just looked at the O2 full contracts though. I calculated my SIM Only contract with Three (which costs £15 p/month) will actually save me over £300 in a two year period against getting the phone at a "discounted" rate with O2!!! :)

I was actually shocked to see O2 trying to offer one model of the iPhone 6 with an upfront cost thats £90 more that Apple's SIM free price!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I guess not, but next friday I'll still have at least 2 weeks to wait for the phone. If it was like being delivered the next week or so it wouldn't be as bad.

It happened to me last year. My card issuer blocked my credit card for supposedly suspicious activity, so I could only order later in the day. By then, delivery had slipped quite a bit. In the end, though, I realised that it didn't matter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last year when the iPhone 5s came out I reserved a phone online and walked into an Apple store and bought one 2 days after release day without any problem whatsoever.
    Forum Member
    Gotta laugh at O2.... For a 64GB 6 plus....

20GB plan - £28 a month for 24 months
    £789.99 handset cost :o

You can get it sim free for £699 from Apple and go PAYG or sim only!
  • heskethbangheskethbang Posts: 4,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

20GB? I'm on three Sim only thing at £9.90 per month. 600mins, 5000texts, 1GB of data. I've never exceeded my allowance.

£118.80 per year plus £699 for the handset from Apple seems a much better deal and offers flexibility too. Plus you can get interest free credit cards for up to 18 months now, so for some, buying upfront and having a sim only deal is becoming a viable alternative to traditional contracts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe Three aren't accepting pre-orders yet. Something must have gone wrong, and customers are starting to get annoyed. Not great PR for them.
  • WelshBluebirdWelshBluebird Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have never seen a network asking more than the sim free cost of the phone as an upfront fee. Surely that must be a mistake?
    Forum Member
    20GB? I'm on three Sim only thing at £9.90 per month. 600mins, 5000texts, 1GB of data. I've never exceeded my allowance.

I've used over 17GB in 2 weeks :D
  • corfcorf Posts: 1,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

£118.80 per year plus £699 for the handset from Apple seems a much better deal and offers flexibility too. Plus you can get interest free credit cards for up to 18 months now, so for some, buying upfront and having a sim only deal is becoming a viable alternative to traditional contracts.

Plenty of people use a lot of data - I average over 4gb a month and have peaked at over 50gb.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've used about 30gb since February, there are people who abuse the system and slow it for us all because they can and I'm not one of them.
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm with Tesco mobile.

Called earlier to see what tariffs are available and their cheapest tariff was £43

Free phone
    3000 mins
    5000txt
    4gb data.

I told him no thanks. I use less than a quarter of that. The idiot on the phone told me I'd go back to them as they're the cheapest. I said I very much doubted it.
    Forum Member
    I've used about 30gb since February, there are people who abuse the system and slow it for us all because they can and I'm not one of them.

The people who abuse the unlimited data are the ones who use upwards of 100-200GB a month. I use 20-30 which according to Three is more than acceptable...
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've used over 17GB in 2 weeks :D

Over the past 4 months ive used an average 195Mb a month. Its normally around 120Mb a month. Good thing im on The One Plan :blush:
  • Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got 16GB phone for £49.99 and £40 pm contract which is unlimited texts/calls and 2 gig of 4G data on EE through Carphone Warehouse.

For those who don't scoff at that deal, worth calling them rather than doing it online I feel.