Options

Archiving to VCR/DVD

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
Forum Member
Not sure how to archive, as my VCR when switched on overrides the PVR. Any help will be appreciated

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    More information needed........
  • Options
    brian9200Tbrian9200T Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DaveJH wrote:
    Not sure how to archive, as my VCR when switched on overrides the PVR. Any help will be appreciated

To archive to VCR at normal playback speed:-
    - Take the RF output of the Humax to the Coax input of the VCR.
    - Take the rf output of the VCR to your TV to monitor what is going on.
    - Add the Humax rf output channel to those the VCR can tune to.
    - Set the VCR to that input channel.
    - Play the recorded program on the Humax.
    - Press record on the VCR

May not be the best way but may be the simplest.
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,625
    Forum Member
    You need a SCART cable from the VCR-Out of the Humax to the AV-in (normally AV2) of the VCR. Then a SCART cable from AV1 of the VCR to the TV.

On the VCR select the AV2 as input, put in an empty tape and start recording.

Then on the Humax start playing the program you want to record. If you select the VCR input on your TV, you should see the program as it is being recorded.

nb Set the Humax to output the same kind of video signal that the VCR is expecting. Hopefully the VCR can take S-Video otherwise use Composite.

nb2 When you say the VCR "over-rides" the Humax, have you tried selecting the AV input that the Humax is connected to, using the VCR's remote control?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    DaveJH wrote:

Easiest way is just connect a scart from the VCR Out on the Humax to the AV in on your VCR. You don't need a connection to the TV as you'll be able to see what's running on the Humax anyway.

When you start recording on the VCR it will copy everything that is showing on the Humax, that is menus, progress bars or anything else you display. So you can't watch a live programme or another recording while you're archiving - best to do it overnight.