Options

Nokia N95 now, or iPhone later

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
Forum Member
✭✭
My current contract runs out soon so obviously I would like to upgrade.

Should I get an N95 now and then iPhone in 18months

or

keep current phone until iPhone is out!

Comments

• Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,794
    Forum Member
    The two phones are completely different. You might well find the iPhone a step backwards in 18months time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm iPhone if you're into music on the go, otherwise there's not much point in having it.
  • Options
    FinglongaFinglonga Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the i-Phone was released today its still a step back compared to phones that have been out for 6months now. If it was released under a different name they wouldn't sell many at all. Its a designer phone, style with no use. ;)
  • Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,794
    Forum Member
    Indeed, much has been made of the "style over substance" of the iPhone, the lack of features compared to an equivalent smartphone. However, there are people to who the style is important. But don't get one thinking you are getting state of the art.
  • Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    How bout LG Prada phone?
  • Options
    fletchemfletchem Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I can see, the only reason people would get an iPhone is so they can say: "Hey, look, I've got an iPhone. Do you want to touch it?" Why restrict yourself to a mediocre phone that is tied into a relatively closed music file type?

I have just got an N95 and it is streets ahead of anything the iPhone can offer - apart from a touch screen - which you will get bored of very quickly.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean "Relatively closed music file type?"
    Plays AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (MP4 from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV audio file formats.
  • Options
    FinglongaFinglonga Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fletchem wrote:

- apart from a touch screen - which you will get bored of very quickly.

Had a P900 and was fed up of the finger prints on the screen when I used it.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm so would I have. When I saw it in the video(iPhone Demo by steve jobs), it looked very smudged.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well i have an iPod now (and a Mac) and i take the iPod everywhere and i have the car dock, so the iPhone would give me one less thing to carry.

I might just get the N95 and then get the iPhone 2, i think they will learn from their mistakes.
  • Options
    intheknowintheknow Posts: 5,128
    Forum Member
    I love the idea and functionality of the iphone, but will it play large video files on the go too? That's what I want...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the iphone is not 3g, looks nice but i guess thats about it its the name. i wouldnt be surprised if it turns out to be a bad phone.