Options

COM8 - No Network Name

richard_g_ukrichard_g_uk Posts: 1,052
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just noticed that my Panasonic has moved QVC+1 and QVC Beauty from 111 and 112 to 800 and 801 all on its own (I have not retuned the TV and I can definitely only pick up one TX that broadcasts COM8).

I have noted when checking the tuning information that the Network Name which normally states "West Midlands" is currently blank. I can only assume that this is what has caused my TV to move it up into the 800's. I shall leave it alone and see if the Network Name re-appears and whether the channels move back down to 111 and 112.

Sutton Coldfield TX by the way.

Comments

• Options
    anthony davidanthony david Posts: 14,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just noticed that my Panasonic has moved QVC+1 and QVC Beauty from 111 and 112 to 800 and 801 all on its own (I have not retuned the TV and I can definitely only pick up one TX that broadcasts COM8).

I have noted when checking the tuning information that the Network Name which normally states "West Midlands" is currently blank. I can only assume that this is what has caused my TV to move it up into the 800's. I shall leave it alone and see if the Network Name re-appears and whether the channels move back down to 111 and 112.

Sutton Coldfield TX by the way.

The 800s aren't proper programme numbers, they are where receivers put things when they don't know what to do with them. I don't know why these things happen but my Sony on rare occasions has done it as well, usually on services I have no interest in. Moving them back to their proper places, assuming your TV can do that, may cure the problem, otherwise a rescan will. If you don't watch these channels I wouldn't bother about it as there is a chance it will sort itself out on its own given time.
  • Options
    richard_g_ukrichard_g_uk Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 800s aren't proper programme numbers, they are where receivers put things when they don't know what to do with them. I don't know why these things happen but my Sony on rare occasions has done it as well, usually on services I have no interest in. Moving them back to their proper places, assuming your TV can do that, may cure the problem, otherwise a rescan will. If you don't watch these channels I wouldn't bother about it as there is a chance it will sort itself out on its own given time.

The post was more to point out that someone must have been messing with the COM8 configuration at Sutton Coldfield or there was some other technical problem that caused the network name to disappear.

Incidentally, the channels are now back where they belong on 111 and 112 with no intervention from me and the network name is once again showing the expected "West Midlands".

It looks as though my TV will put stations at the 800's if they are duplicates from multiple transmitters or the network name is not present (as I can only pick up one version of COM8).
  • Options
    anthony davidanthony david Posts: 14,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These things often seem to sort themselves out without the reason being identifiable.