***BGT Series Two Episode Two- 20:05 - Discussion Thread***

191011121315»

Comments

• DimSumDimSum Posts: 6,769
    Forum Member
    I like those two Charlies tonight.So nice to see how well they are brought up,well done to their parents.:)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always fall for the sob stories :cry:
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a great episode next week should be interesting
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    If the impressions guy was actually autistic/had learning difficulties then I actually feel guilty for laughing at him, however shite his "impressions" were. (I missed the part when he lost his way).
    Taking the piss out of disabled people is out of order :(
  • Ulysses31Ulysses31 Posts: 4,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »

No it isn't
  • GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,812
    Forum Member
    I thought that Charlie Green really stood out tonight. Whilst I'd like to see someone other than a singer actually win the show, I can see that Charlie has something special and I think he'll have a great career as he matures.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the impressions guy was actually autistic/had learning difficulties then I actually feel guilty for laughing at him, however shite his "impressions" were. (I missed the part when he lost his way).

Isn't that what he was doing? ;)(re David Blunkett)
  • ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    Gillypoots wrote: »
    I thought that Charlie Green really stood out tonight. Whilst I'd like to see someone other than a singer actually win the show, I can see that Charlie has something special and I think he'll have a great career as he matures.

Up until his voice breaks, yes. For a 10 year old he wasn't bad... Who knows after that.

Be an interesting shootout if him and Andy got a long way. Choirboy vs show singer.
  • trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched this and the lady at the end was ok, quite good even.
    I think they were all quite moved by her, but to me, Amanda always overdoes it - to the point where she made me feel quite sick.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Charlie was 13 wasn't he? I thought he was quite good, he had good delivery, his jokes were rubbish yes, but he was very confident :)
  • pierre_gustavepierre_gustave Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More sob stories a la X Factor.
    Too much already.:cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get used to that bit, pierre!! We're only in week 2, so there are probably plenty more sob stories - and worse ones too - to come:cry::cry:;)
    EDIT - I really laughed at Dec's face when Ant put his foot in it with those Ferrett ladies, saying to them, "This could all go horribly wrong!" - he was really cringing!!:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Hi all,

Regarding the last lady, Madonna and her amazing sob story have a look at this link as Im sure you will find it quite interesting reading.

http://www.stevejonesentertainments.co.uk/shop/page/2?shop_param=

PS im entering next year with my tap dancing act, I think I stand a good chance as I only have one arm, one leg and one eye!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She didn't hide the fact that she was a proffessional singer (in nightclubs etc,) though, did she? She was sending money home to her kids and wanted to earn enough to bring them over here.
    If i'm honest, even as a mum, I wasn't moved by the "you're singing for your babies" thing, as it's a choice she's made to leave them behind to come here and build a career in showbiz - it's not one I could even contemplate making, to be honest - I'd sooner take on 3 jobs in my own country, and stay with them.
    But I don't think she was conning anyone as far as her singing experience is concerned.
    (wonder what next week's tearjerker will be?;))
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    But they did make it look as if she had only just come to he UK, was it 6 months they said?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What, personally? :eek:

Yes i do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DimSum wrote: »
    I like those two Charlies tonight.So nice to see how well they are brought up,well done to their parents.:)

here here. Lovely, talented, well mannered sob story free lads getting through on what it should be based on...talent!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Charlie was 13 wasn't he? I thought he was quite good, he had good delivery, his jokes were rubbish yes, but he was very confident :)

Hmm - I am afraid I have to disagree there. I don't think child comedians ever work well. Their material is seldom original and there is a fine line between coming over as cheeky little monkeys or cocky little so-and-sos that most can't really manage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he managed to carry it off quite well to be honest - a bit disturbing when he laughed about his Grandma being dead though!!
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did anybody see Charlie on GMTV