Ten frankly unlikely people who have appeared on Big Brother

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
Forum Member
✭✭
In reverse order...

10. Dustin Hoffman. All right, he has never been on Big Brother (or he would be a lot higher up), but it seems bizarre in the extreme these days that he appeared on The Graham Norton Show doing an impersonation of forgettable BB3 housemate Jonny...

9. Tracey Barnard. Everyone and everything annoyed her. She hated sharing a room. She ended up sitting for what seemed like hours a day alone in the garden glaring into space, and at the wrap party refused to give anyone her contact details. Whatever was she like in auditions?

8. Alexandra De Gale. Everyone and everything really annoyed her. She kept saying she was 'not used to sharing' and 'liked her own place'. When provoked, which was always, she lashed out. Seemed to blame the harmless and sociable Mo for the fact that she kept breaking the rules of her brand of puritanical and joyless Islam. Whatever was she like in auditions?

7. Sue Perkins. Bestrides the entire world of television like a collossus. Let's just say that she wouldn't do CBB today.

6. Jackie Stallone. Never once, for a single minute, seemed to understand what she was doing there.

5. George Galloway. Stratospherically arrogant and self-important thorn in the estalishment's political side; did CBB 'to inform viewers about the situation in the Middle East'. That went well, didn't it?

4. Ivana Trump. Alleged to have received around $40,000,000 as a divorce settlement, and a big player in the business world on her own account. Thought it would be a good idea to travel to the UK and hang out with people like Dane Bowers - why?

3. Liz Jones. Like Tracey and Alexandra - but more sweetly - hates sharing. Is intimidated by people, by food, by dirt, by loudness, by quietness. Pines when away from her bazillion animals. Claims to wear cashmere knickers. Looked bewildered from first to last, possibly having believed she was appearing on countryfile.

2. Germaine Greer. Fierce polemicist, academic, serious broadcaster; (though she occasionally makes unsettlingly humorless appearences on Have I Got News for You); The Female Eunuch never looked quite the same again after she had stormed out of the big brother house dressed as a milkmaid.

1. Andy McNab. Only appeared as a drop-in celebrity, but STILL. For security reasons he was unable to reveal his real name. Or show his face. Any media work he does has to be approved by the M o D. Possibly BB was not a natural milieu for someone who believed that if his identity were revealed he would be shot...

Comments

• Robbo19Robbo19 Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    I would have added Stephanie Beacham and Jonas "Basshunter" Altberg to that list but the whole CBB7 series to me was the BEST there has been so I'm glad that they entered, I've never got to a final 5 before and wanted to win and been glad if any of them won which I did in Jan 2010, this from somene who watched every Channel 4 series.
  • Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    In reverse order...

10. Dustin Hoffman. All right, he has never been on Big Brother (or he would be a lot higher up), but it seems bizarre in the extreme these days that he appeared on The Graham Norton Show doing an impersonation of forgettable BB3 housemate Jonny...

I really enjoyed BB3 with Jonny & Kate :)
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dustin Hoffman actually once popped up on BBLB being interviewed at a movie premiere by non other than Nikki !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    Dustin Hoffman actually once popped up on BBLB being interviewed at a movie premiere by non other than Nikki !

I have no memory of that at all. Also seems very surprising. I can't begin to imagine him on BBOTS being interviewed by someone from Ch 5 BB, can you?
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no memory of that at all. Also seems very surprising. I can't begin to imagine him on BBOTS being interviewed by someone from Ch 5 BB, can you?

No Bots would never get him ! It was during BB8 or 9 when several former hms were acting as reporters (Shabaz was one i recall, cant remember others think there were 4 in total - a different one in each show), i shall have to find the link, if it still exists.......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    No Bots would never get him ! It was during BB8 or 9 when several former hms were acting as reporters (Shabaz was one i recall, cant remember others think there were 4 in total - a different one in each show), i shall have to find the link, if it still exists.......

It does ring a bit of a bell. I would be interested if you find the clip.

And I seem to remember that in the first couple of series BBLB used to have housemates' photographs up and put the names of famous people who were supporting them against the photographs. I wish I could remember the details now. But I just have a feeling that since the move to Ch 5, the board would be pretty empty.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Savile as a prize!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    Savile as a prize!

Good shout. *vom*
  • pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    Ken Russell. Too old and crabby to be sharing a house with younger, louder people. He expected to be respected because of his work and most of them didn't care.
  • nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    Savile as a prize!

The look on Barrymore's face!

Galloway grovelling on the ground!
  • Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    Sandy from big brother three. To this day I have no idea what he thought he was signing up for.
    He came in, Sat on deck chairs with a frown on his puss bigger than Russel Brands ego bitched about the whole process, then thankfully stormed out. Oh and pissed in a bin of course.
    Victor Meldrew with less humour.
  • k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    pie-eyed wrote: »
    Ken Russell. Too old and crabby to be sharing a house with younger, louder people. He expected to be respected because of his work and most of them didn't care.

I never got that impression at all. Ken was rather self-depreciating about his achievements ("I'm just an old film director. You'll have never heard of me")
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    What the hell Ken Russell thought he was doing in the Big Brother house will forever be beyond me.

Genius (albeit incredibly short) signing. The libertine gone to seed. Back in the days when producers used to hire the token intellectual to spice up proceedings (Greer and Galloway were the previous two series incongruous intelligentsia) and not just a stupid person's idea of a clever person (Sam Brick, Liz Jones, KATIE FECKIN' HOPKINS!)

Also, Brian Sewell. Albeit only as a hijacker but the thought he ever thought to demean himself to E4, is an amusing, perhaps far-fetched notion that just happens to be true.
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

5. George Galloway. Stratospherically arrogant and self-important thorn in the estalishment's political side; did CBB 'to inform viewers about the situation in the Middle East'. That went well, didn't it?

"Do you want me to be the cat?" will forever remain my favourite ever BB moment. Nothing is ever going to come close.
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    *coughs up furball*
  • PollyusaPollyusa Posts: 7,062
    Forum Member
    mmpfb wrote: »
    "Do you want me to be the cat?" will forever remain my favourite ever BB moment. Nothing is ever going to come close.

One of Wonkey's unlikely housemates is the source of my favorite BB moment as well. I laugh out loud every time I recall Liz Jones in the bathtub.

“This is what happens if I don't get enough nuts and nutrients,”
    "If I had a car, I'd drive into a tree"

Liz- It's like that ice-cream.
    Louisa- What Ice cream?
    Liz- You know.. Vienetta.. all the folds..(pause)and it's melting..
    Louisa- (mixture of bewilderment and shock!) You haven't got Vienetta bottom
    Liz- ..and I'll come out of here and my boyfriend will have run off with another woman..

[...]

Louisa- (protesting) You've got a boyfriend that loves you!
    Liz- (deadpan) He might have left me.
    Louisa- Why has he suddenly left you?
    Jones- Because he's seen me in really strong lighting- THAT's never happened before.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pollyusa wrote: »
    One of Wonkey's unlikely housemates is the source of my favorite BB moment as well. I laugh out loud every time I recall Liz Jones in the bathtub.

“.

By the time she got to "I wonder how hard it is to drown?" I was actually crying with laughter.
  • *~TeePee~**~TeePee~* Posts: 2,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved Tracey though.

That she went a bit 'odd' at wrap party does surprise me, as it did towards the end, look like she was getting on better with people. Guess she had her reasons..

Lovely housemate though, very endearing
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was a surprise when Vinnie Jones appeared in 2010 as he was still flitting around Hollywood. I thought he was still raw or premature for the reality TV show outlet. If he was to appear now, it would not be a surprise appearance as I have seen him tacky adverts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *~TeePee~* wrote: »
    Loved Tracey though.

That she went a bit 'odd' at wrap party does surprise me, as it did towards the end, look like she was getting on better with people. Guess she had her reasons..

Lovely housemate though, very endearing

I was a bit unfair. Sometimes she seemed to be enjoying herself with the others. But I do think she was one of those housemates - I can think of a few others - who felt like a fish out of water most of the time. I got the impression she was very much used to her own company, and not to sharing a small space with people like Gerry and Ziggy.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pie-eyed wrote: »

I think it is important to note that was the house that contained the late Jade Goody, Jo O Meara and Danielle Lloyd. Not to mention the foul mouthed mother Jackie and Donny Tourette. It was the house that was infamous for bullying, isolating people and perhaps even racism.

There was not much respect given to anyone let alone Ken Russell.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »
    I think it is important to note that was the house that contained the late Jade Goody, Jo O Meara and Danielle Lloyd. Not to mention the foul mouthed mother Jackie and Donny Tourette. It was the house that was infamous for bullying, isolating people and perhaps even racism.

Shilpa was very respectful. I don't know if she had heard of him - she might have done, as she was in the film industry - but she fussed over him in a nice granddaughter-ish way.
  • pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    Sandy from big brother three. To this day I have no idea what he thought he was signing up for.
    He came in, Sat on deck chairs with a frown on his puss bigger than Russel Brands ego bitched about the whole process, then thankfully stormed out. Oh and pissed in a bin of course.
    Victor Meldrew with less humour.

I liked sandy. I'm probably the only person who agreed with him on a lot of things. I remember how pissed off he got at the length of time it took to order a takeaway. Simple things in the house take a long time when people faf about and carry on about everything. I remember him watching Alison running screaming round the house and saying "no one would find that entertaining" and that's exactly how I felt.

I think sandy put a lot into the tasks and he enjoyed the cooking. He also liked conversation but the screeching and running about got on his wick. I'd be the same.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No perhaps about it.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why do you include Donny Tourett in that list and not Jack Tweed? (Donny was even one who did give Ken respect.)

Also, how was it famous for isolating people? Who was isolated?