Wembley arena to Victoria. Quickest way after concert?

shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
Forum Member
✭✭
Going to Wembley arena for the first time in a few weeks. The last train from victoria is at midnight and i cant miss it. Any advice? How long will tube take and how busy does it get? Is bus or taxi a better idea? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's quite a long way, I think you can get the Jubilee to Green Park, then change onto the Victoria line to Victoria.

I'd leave 45 mins to get to Victoria as it will take you a while to get to Wembley tube from the Arena.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/standard-tube-map.pdf
  • comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Move to London - these things are so much easier then
  • I love EllieI love Ellie Posts: 8,009
    Forum Member
    Overground. Wembley Stadium to Marylebone. 10 mins.
    Underground. Marylebone to Oxford Circus, Bakerloo line. then change to Victoria line. They should be very close to each other, maybe even on the same level.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm, not sure i'd have time to sort that out in 3 weeks, comedyfish, but thanks for the suggestion!!
    It has always bugged me that the last train to the south coast from our capital is midnight! Bloody pathetic to be honest. Surely on fridays and saturdays there would be enough demand for trains at, say, 1am and 2am.
  • comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    Hmm, not sure i'd have time to sort that out in 3 weeks, comedyfish, but thanks for the suggestion!!

Heh :D

how about finding a cheap hotel deal and stay in london?

maybe by victoria - nice breaky in the morning then off home
  • Sven945Sven945 Posts: 4,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Overground. Wembley Stadium to Marylebone. 10 mins.

It's not part of the Overground. It takes 17 minutes from Wembley Stadium station to Marylebone, and if they have to get a train at midnight they'd have to be at Wembley Stadium station at 2241 to get to Victoria for their last train.

If you get the tube from Wembley Park at 2304 (Jubilee line, changing to Victoria Line at Green Park) you'll be at Victoria for at the latest half past.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would a taxi be an option?
  • Ellie666Ellie666 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it would help if we knew what time you were done at wembley (oh and i wouldn't dream of gettign a taxi for that route)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ellie666 wrote: »
    it would help if we knew what time you were done at wembley (oh and i wouldn't dream of gettign a taxi for that route)

You're right of course. I should phone Wembley before hand.

I'd be interested to know what percentage of the crowd there will be going the same way as me:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, is the place air conditioned or will it be hot and stuffy near the top and back?
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    You're right of course. I should phone Wembley before hand.

I'd be interested to know what percentage of the crowd there will be going the same way as me:eek:

Tip: Leave a minute before the end. You do not want to get into the rush going to the tube station. W eleft a minute before the end and still had to queue for about 10-15 minutes to get INTO the tube station.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    What day of the week?

Jubilee line is down more weekends than not at the mo :mad: . Best check on TFL!

If it were me*, I'd probably get the Metropolitan from Wembley Park (assuming you can get a Met line straight away this is quicker than jumping onto the Jubilee which stops everywhere in between) & change at Finchley Road for the Jubilee line (simple 2 second dash across the platform); change at Green Park for the Victoria line and Bob's your uncle.

Or, if tube's are packed, stay on the Met and change at Baker Street for Bakerloo down to Oxford Circus, then onto to the Victoria...

I'd probably allow about 45mins (pessimist that I am), but the tube part itself should really take less than 30.

*Actually if it were me I'd get the bus as I only live 15 mins away :D
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,158
    Forum Member
    Room101 wrote: »
    What day of the week?

Jubilee line is down more weekends than not at the mo :mad: . Best check on TFL!

If it were me*, I'd probably get the Metropolitan from Wembley Park (assuming you can get a Met line straight away this is quicker than jumping onto the Jubilee which stops everywhere in between) & change at Finchley Road for the Jubilee line (simple 2 second dash across the platform); change at Green Park for the Victoria line and Bob's your uncle.

Or, if tube's are packed, stay on the Met and change at Baker Street for Bakerloo down to Oxford Circus, then onto to the Victoria...

I'd probably allow about 45mins (pessimist that I am), but the tube part itself should really take less than 30.

*Actually if it were me I'd get the bus as I only live 15 mins away :D

Me too, it's great isn't it! :D