Options

Will Jim Branning ever appear again?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
Forum Member
Even if it's only for one more scene, do you think Jim will ever make another appearance or do you think he will have an off screen death and an on screen funeral in a couple of years.

Comments

• Options
    sunny daysunny day Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even if it's only for one more scene, do you think Jim will ever make another appearance or do you think he will have an off screen death and an on screen funeral in a couple of years.

I don't think we will ever see him on screen again....but I don't think, I hope not anyway,they will kill him off until well after John Bardon himself passes away..would be distasteful if they did...
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    I wish he had a scene with Derek because he is the only one of his children that he's never been on screen with.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as myself and others would like him to appear once again, there is a slim chance of that happening. It is a shame because he is a great character and very popular but ever since his stroke, I imagine the producers do not want to take any chances if one happened on set as it requires a lot of paperwork to fill in and other legal stuff I imagine but God forbid that ever happen. Jim will probably have on off screen death and hopefully an on screen funeral but if Dot is the only person to thoroughly care about him then an off screen funeral is better as nobody on the Square apart from her cares about him, not even his kids who promised to visit him often.
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    I don't want to sound predictable but he's another who needs a good toecapping.
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    I doubt we will ever see Jim Branning on screen again, in his previous appearances on EastEnders it was obvious he wasn't really well enough to be there and he is obviously getting older. It would be nice to see Jim again but i think in reality he will have an off screen death once John Bardon dies in real life.
  • Options
    The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which will hopefully not be for years
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I once watched a documentary, I think it was last year, where June Brown visited him, He is bedridden!

He is quite an inspiration, I would be suffering if that was me!
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    benbenalen wrote: »
    I once watched a documentary, I think it was last year, where June Brown visited him, He is bedridden!

He is quite an inspiration, I would be suffering if that was me!

Yeah i watched that too, didn't know John was such a brilliant artist before his stroke, showed some wonderful paintings that he had done, i always love great artists as i struggle to draw stick men. It looked like John was suffering, he was/is quite inspirational, i know from personal experience the effects a Stroke can have on a loved one's life and personality, so to see someone like John battle on so defiantly was inspiring. Like everyone else i hope it is many years before he passes on but yet on the other hand i certainly wouldn't want a life like that, so i hope he finds peace and happiness before too long for his and his families sake as the effects of a stroke can put a huge strain on a family.
  • Options
    LaurawhittzLaurawhittz Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    Yeah i watched that too, didn't know John was such a brilliant artist before his stroke, showed some wonderful paintings that he had done, i always love great artists as i struggle to draw stick men. It looked like John was suffering, he was/is quite inspirational, i know from personal experience the effects a Stroke can have on a loved one's life and personality, so to see someone like John battle on so defiantly was inspiring. Like everyone else i hope it is many years before he passes on but yet on the other hand i certainly wouldn't want a life like that, so i hope he finds peace and happiness before too long for his and his families sake as the effects of a stroke can put a huge strain on a family.

The documentary sounds interesting, what's the name of it please?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    The documentary sounds interesting, what's the name of it please?

I think it was respect your elders but I'm not sure, it's on Youtube in four parts last time I checked.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    *raises hand in chair*

Yeah yeah
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I very much doubt it. I dont think there would be anything to be gained from it and it would simply distress everyone involved.

The only way I guess I could see it working is if June decided she wanted to quit EE and they wrote her going to live with Jim. So we could see them together again in a nursing home/assisted accommodation type place and she can bring him a cup of tea and sit down and we have a Dot's theme play us out.