Which celebrities do you think vote Tory?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Tony Blair
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't imagine Paul voting Tory, have you heard his opinion of Margaret Thatcher?:D

Isnt it madatory for Scousers to hate Mrs Thatcher?? :eek:

Cilla doesnt count.... shes not a real Scouse!:rolleyes:

Oh- my nomination: Phil Collins. One of the "I'll leave if Labour get in" brigade...:rolleyes:

Least he kept his word!:p
  • Nuts In MayNuts In May Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frank Lampard
    Vinnie Jones
    Peter Stringfellow
    Judith Chalmers
    Frederick Forsyth
    James Gaddas (Bad Girls)
    Anneka Rice
    Ian Botham
    Ronnie Corbett
    Joan Collins
    Bryan Ferry

A lot of them appear to be working class folk who've got a bit of cash. It's amazing how getting money makes people turn Tory. ;)
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    well now Red Ed is in, they'll all vote for the tories! :D

Poor David
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    well now Red Ed is in, they'll all vote for the tories! :D

Poor David

We need to collect as many Tory voters as possible.

Come on you blues!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    OATZ MM wrote: »
    We need to collect as many Tory voters as possible.

Come on you blues!

lol! i'm irish but my brother in law votes for the tories but I quite like cameron I have to admit and I have an irrational love for boris johnson :D

I didn't think babs would be tory
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol! i'm irish but my brother in law votes for the tories but I quite like cameron I have to admit and I have an irrational love for boris johnson :D

I didn't think babs would be tory

Eastender made good, of course she's a Tory.

The home counties are full of Cockneys with cash and they're as Blue as you can get.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frank Lampard
    Vinnie Jones
    Peter Stringfellow
    Judith Chalmers
    Frederick Forsyth
    James Gaddas (Bad Girls)
    Anneka Rice
    Ian Botham
    Ronnie Corbett
    Joan Collins
    Bryan Ferry

A lot of them appear to be working class folk who've got a bit of cash. It's amazing how getting money makes people turn Tory. ;)

Who on that list would you say was working class? As I don't think too many of them are
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Eastender made good, of course she's a Tory.

The home counties are full of Cockneys with cash and they're as Blue as you can get.

that's interesting as the tories are always being sterotyped as total toffs
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that's interesting as the tories are always being sterotyped as total toffs

Not at all. I live in an area that would still be Tory if they put a puppet up as the new MP and it's certainly not a 'toff' area. Tbh, I have never heard anyone use that expression apart from on DS since I was about 12. ;)

I would say a typical Tory is someone with aspiration and who wants a bit more out of life than a dead end job, state hand outs and a council house. That's no disrespecting those who are happy with their life like that btw.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who on that list would you say was working class? As I don't think too many of them are

Vinnie Jones
    Bryan Ferry
    James Gaddas
    Ronnie Corbett
    Peter Stringfellow

All very working class, and certainly not born with money.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not at all. I live in an area that would still be Tory if they put a puppet up as the new MP and it's certainly not a 'toff' area. Tbh, I have never heard anyone use that expression apart from on DS since I was about 12. ;)

I would say a typical Tory is someone with aspiration and who wants a bit more out of life than a dead end job, state hand outs and a council house. That's no disrespecting those who are happy with their life like that btw.

I didn't mean to insult you! sorry if i did :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't mean to insult you! sorry if i did :)

No you didn't at all. It's just a view that I read on DS that I wasn't really aware of before.

Suppose I just move in Tory voting but normal circles :D
  • steve9999steve9999 Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definites I can think of:

Carol Vordeman
    Adam Rickett
    Michael Caine
    Kirsty and Phil
    Phil Collins
    Joan Collins
    Antony Worrell Thompson
    Paul Daniels
    Bryan Ferry
    Marco Pierre White
    Peter Striingfellow
    David ' Burger' Van Day
    Tony Hadley
    Bill Roache

Suspects:

Alan Titmarsh
    Fern Briton
    Philip Schofield
    Simon Cowell
    Cliff Richard
    Paul O'Grady
    Brucie
    Gary Barlow
    Jeremy Clarkson and chums

There's loads more, these just off the top of my head.

I hope this clears the Phil collins myth up once and for all!

Phil Collins has stated he has never voted for the Tories

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article3808340.ece

"He has since maintained that he has never voted Conservative.

Nonetheless, the matter still comes up far more often than he would like it to. Before the General Election in 2005, Noel Gallagher took a pop: “Vote Labour. If you don’t and the Tories get in, Phil is threatening to come back from Switzerland – and none of us want that.” Collins’s response? “I don’t care if he likes my music or not. I do care if he starts telling people I’m a w****** because of my politics. It’s an opinion based on an old misunderstood quote.”
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No you didn't at all. It's just a view that I read on DS that I wasn't really aware of before.

Suppose I just move in Tory voting but normal circles :D

My Bro in law votes tory! he's also completely normal :D

I took an interest although I am in ireland because i'm interested in politics

i'm a member of Fine Gael which is the main oppostion party in Ireland- hopefully we'll be doing a tory soon enough though :D

Apparently Simon Cowell voted for the tories this year and cheryl voted labour
  • Tulip19Tulip19 Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I live in Scotland and even people who fall into this category wouldn't cop to voting Tory :D

Unless you're already quite posh... ;)
  • Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »

Oh- my nomination: Phil Collins. One of the "I'll leave if Labour get in" brigade...:rolleyes:

Least he kept his word!:p

Why do people slavishly believe everything they read in the tabloids? :rolleyes:

Phil Collins left Britain in 1994 - three years before Labour were even elected!! - and has said TIME AND TIME AGAIN that he left because he met a woman who lived abroad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steve9999 wrote: »
    I hope this clears the Phil collins myth up once and for all!

No chance. Most people would rather believe what they read in the likes of The Sun than what the man says himself. After all, what would he know? ;)

As the old saying goes, a lie gets half way around the world before the truth has got its boots on.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Good to see Paul Daniels on the list. A man who threatened to leave the UK if Labour won the 1997 election. The day of the result, the Daily Mirror sent a removal van round to his house.

seriously? That's hilarious if true. :D
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that I heard Frank Bruno voted Tory
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy Kyle
    Liz Hurley
    Kay Burley
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    George O wrote: »
    Definitely not Paul O'Grady, he's a leftie.

Simon Cowell
    Gary Barlow
    Geri Halliwell
    Frank Lampard
    Chris Rea
    Ronnie Corbett
    Carol Vorderman
    Jodie Marsh

Is Chris Rea a definite or just a guess? I quite like some of his stuff. Not that I'd stop liking his stuff just because of how I voted-but then, I wouldn't listen to Gary Glitter in quite the same way anymore, so I suppose an artist's private life does become important in their appraisal at some stage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He even tried to become a Tory MP! :eek: :D
    In January 2001, Bruno announced that he wanted to stand as the Conservative candidate in the traditionally safe Tory seat of Brentwood and Ongar against the independent MP Martin Bell. However, this idea was quickly dismissed by Conservative Central Office.
    http://www.biographybase.com/biography/Bruno_Frank.html

Surprised this has never been picked up by the press. Not sure if it's a pi$$ take, as the BNP aren't known for their sense of humour :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not only is Frank a huge Tory supporter, he actually tried to stand as MP in Brentwood when he lived around here.
    Not exactly sure what happened but he didn't get in.

it's a safe seat but even the most hardened Tory voter might have thought twice when his campaign slogan was 'Don't be a plank, vote for Frank'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Good to see Paul Daniels on the list. A man who threatened to leave the UK if Labour won the 1997 election. The day of the result, the Daily Mirror sent a removal van round to his house.

I remember this being brought up when Paul Daniels appeared on Have I Got News For You. He said he was only going to leave if Labour returned to the 80+% rates of income tax they levied on the rich in the '70s. Because "New Labour" didn't raise income tax on the rich, Daniels was happy to stay.
This discussion has been closed.