2»

Comments

• OnlyWayIsEpicsOnlyWayIsEpics Posts: 2,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    I love this season much better than season one IMO

Sneak peak of the next episode Here

So far I'd say I prefer the first series but I'm conclude that properly after this one is complete.

But that's because I watch mainly for the gangster history, prohibition crime and power struggle elements and for me this series has had too much boring backstories that don't matter to me.

Like Margret, I couldn't give a flying flute about her back story and her missing family and I find the Van Alden babty storyline a bit dull too (he was much better as a Crazy Christian IMO).

I'm a bit disapointed in Richard's (non)development as well, all he's dome this series is mope around and try to kill himself at one point.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So... what's Nucky's long game?

Obviously using Chalky to create a strike will screw things up for his rivals, but is it just for revenge or part of a Plan?

As for the trip to Ireland... I'd assume that he's going to strike up a deal with the Irish to sell them all those surplus Tommy Guns... Money for retirement, or does he have a Plan?
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't stand on the balcony with Jimmy when he's had a couple of drinks.
  • MadraRuaMadraRua Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    I loved this weeks episode. Nucky's playing them beautifully. He's just left them right in it. They'll have no choice but to beg him to sort it out. I imagine he's going to Belfast to bargain with the guns in exchange for alcohol. Seems a bit of a way to go but I'm sure all the wheels have been turning in Nuckys head - No one else is going there for it.

I have a bad feeling for the little girl. Could be sad times ahead. Was that shot of the casket in the promo an omen of things to come?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

i take it you have just seen the last episode?? did not see that coming at all
  • tq21tq21 Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no i didn't see it coming, wonder what Nucky will do to Mrs T next season lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic ending. Jimmy's demise was fantastic, with him trying to tell Nucky how he would feel.

I also loved the montage in the middle. Superb direction and editing on that.

Van Alden has moved to Cicero. spoiler based on real history:
    That's near Chicago and is where Al Capone fled to be beyond the reach of Chicago P.D. Could prove interesting.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a feeling one of the main characters would end up dead with Jimmy the most likely though there was a moment or two where I thought it may be Margaret or even Nucky.

I did think Nucky was going to let Jimmy kill Manny before Nucky killed him though.
  • LARulzLARulz Posts: 34,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jimmy was obvious but a mistake. He should have been kept one more season allowing Richard and his mother at least something, they are now in limbo with nowhere to go/be with.
  • grimpygrimpy Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didnt think much to the season finale, sad to see Jimmy go.
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't miss Jimmy, his moody pouting was beginning to get old.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont really get why he killed Jimmy. im obviously missing something :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    I couldn't believe what I watched!

It was nice that Jimmy had made his peace about it, saying that he had died in the trench. I honestly thought that Nucky was going to shoot beyond Jimmy and kill his brother.

But as Nucky said in an earlier episode, blood is thicker than water.

I wonder how long it will be before Eli tells Nucky it was him that convinced Jimmy to try to kill him.

At the beginning of the episode I was worrying for Margaret because I thought it would be her they would kill off. Now I dont care, i've grown to dislike her character somewhat and I think that killing Jimmy off was a mistake. As soon as Nucky called I knew that was it for him but I thought Richard might save him. Ah well. It's a shame his mother is still alive because I hate her.

And it is also a shame for Richard because all he had was Jimmy.

I missed the point at which Nucky signed all the land over to Margaret? What was the point in that?
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    i dont really get why he killed Jimmy. im obviously missing something :o
    Because Jimmy betrayed him and tried to have him killed, there was just no coming back from that and Jimmy knew it in the end. The episode was largely about him setting his affairs in order (i.e making sure the Commodore's money would pass on to his son, giving the child some parting wisdom etc), aware that Nucky couldn't get past the betrayal and was going to kill him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed the point at which Nucky signed all the land over to Margaret? What was the point in that?

It was a week or two ago.

It was so that the Feds wouldn't be able to seize the land if they seized Nucky's assets, as it would be in Margaret's name.
    Because Jimmy betrayed him and tried to have him killed, there was just no coming back from that and Jimmy knew it in the end. The episode was largely about him setting his affairs in order (i.e making sure the Commodore's money would pass on to his son, giving the child some parting wisdom etc), aware that Nucky couldn't get past the betrayal and was going to kill him.

Indeed. He knew how it was going to end, and commented as such that it had to end that way. He was setting things right before willingly going to his death.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    I cant wait till Margaret takes a dirt nap :)
  • SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, Margaret (at the end) did something that Nucky is not going to be happy about. Instead of signing over the land deed back to Nucky, she instead signed it over to the church. The church is now the new land owner. I wonder what Nucky will do? :cool: Btw, I like Margaret. She's a complicated character. She is now going to use Nucky for all its worth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Squiggle wrote: »
    Well, Margaret (at the end) did something that Nucky is not going to be happy about. Instead of signing over the land deed back to Nucky, she instead signed it over to the church. The church is now the new land owner. I wonder what Nucky will do? :cool: Btw, I like Margaret. She's a complicated character. She is now going to use Nucky for all its worth.

So there's that and then there's the Owen situation. Nucky will find out eventually, so will he kill her?

Also, I like that the case has been put on hold for now. If the program runs for that long, I reckon she'll be back in 10 or so years to have Nucky done like he was in real life!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oi! Historical spoilers!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

yeah, i get that. but i dont get why he did it at that point, why not when Jimmy first betrayed him
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Oops thought this was the uk thread. Haven't sent the finale yet. Gutted I know what happens! Love jimmy!

Ok so what is the deal with him and his ma? The Princeton scene really freaked me out even though i Suspected it was coming.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait for Season 3, when Nucky sees what Margaret has done with the land, such a great character. Can't believe she is that girl from Trainspotting.
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    LARulz wrote: »
    Jimmy was obvious but a mistake. He should have been kept one more season allowing Richard and his mother at least something, they are now in limbo with nowhere to go/be with.

Well his mother is going to turn her grandson into the powerful guy she briefly turned Jimmy into, and probably sleep with him when he turns 18 the bloody weirdo, but yes that's for the future and past the scope of this series.

Richard will probably go over to Capone's crew, he is many people's favourite character so I doubt they will write him out.