Why do people hate One Direction?

Comments

• andi84andi84 Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it funny that everytime 1D announce something new (tour, movie, album etc.) people keep saying "well, this is it, there won't be any interest in them after that" etc. And they just keep on going and going, being fresh and enjoying every minute of it. And why don't you let them enjoy it, they're so excited they're going to do this stadium tour. Don't think they're worried too much about how long it's going to last. Just being on a ride... Can't see why people who don't like them are so worried about them being milked or burning out?! They wouldn't do it if they didn't get enough money or didn't have fun, I think ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    I don't see what people have against them.

I don't think people actually hate them. even though they may not like their music. I think people hate the insane amount of people constantly posting mindless appreciation posts and spamming the internet with mind numbingly dull photos and videos of people screaming. making it impossible for those who don't have much interest in the band or their music to not hear or see them. I personally think this is the same for all "artists" that have such negative attention surrounding them.
  • offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    Disappointment tweet is still trending at 4th place mostly because their fans are tweeting the hashtag while saying how they should stop tweeting that. How stupid is that?:rolleyes:

Directioners give me so many laughs. I do hope one day, when older and wiser, many of them will look back at themselves and be horrifically embarrassed! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dislike how One Direction have had everything handed to them on silver platter from day one. They've not had to lift a finger to get to where they are now, and I think that sends a terrible and depressing message about the value of hard work and making it on your own.

One Direction are a marketing project and nothing more. It's kind of sad, really. They might be laughing all the way to the bank now but the bubble will burst one day, I think.

I don't think you have any idea how the pop business works, do you?! Of course they're working hard, it's quite mad actually how hard they're working at the moment! They've obviously been supported by management and don't write or record their own songs, but who does in the pop industry??

Right now they have a concert in a different city almost every night, do radio and other promotion, shoot a film, record a new album etc.

But I know it's probably not worth arguing anyway, as some people seem to know exactly what 1D do every day and have a very firm opinion about them... Just enjoy the music you like and be happy :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Directioners give me so many laughs. I do hope one day, when older and wiser, many of them will look back at themselves and be horrifically embarrassed! :D

haha, I'm sure they will be :D Some of them are really nuts
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While I appreciate we're all entitled to our opinions, do fans of an artist have to be so condescending and rude when replying to a post they don't like?
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I don't understand why are you even mentioning Westlife now when cnbcwatcher never said such a thing. It is very clear they weren't all about the music and that Simon also saw in them nothing more than a cash cow. In fact, Westlife is a perfect example what happens when Simon loses interest in certain act.

i can understand why twingle mentioned westlife. i think she can surmise that a certain portion of this 1D-bashing comes from a westlife flag-bearer who often comes across as veritably confusing being pro-westlife = anti-1D. so what if she tagged the wrong poster? twingle can't be expected to be as obsessive as to ascertain which is which and to what degree, lolz!! ;)

point of the matter is, every business even music business will all come down to having profits to sustain it's continued existence. that's why they call it the bottom line.

IT GOES WITHOUT SAYING!!

so if posters keep banging on about money when they talk of 1D, why can't it be countered with: hey all music business is about money-- including westlife?

you can argue that for syco, 1D indeed is another very successful venture.

but that will be syco's point of view.

truth is, 1D means a whole lot of different things to different people.

and what they mean to the fans are a lot different to what they mean to syco, to detractors, but even deeper and much more important than the latter two.

for most young fans, 1D will be their rite of passage to adulthood, their all-important but safe testing ground for exploring their maturing sexuality-- eg the tentative expression of such, how the world responds and their response to the outside world's response.

for even younger fans who just enjoy and idolise the boys, the sheer fun is what it is. and for their parents who organised, paid for, and went with them to these family day out slash 1D gig, i'm sure it was a perfect case of mastercard moment-- priceless!!

it's like watching your favourite movie that really touches you every time you watch it. isn't what it means to you the most important? :) or do you bang about who financed the film and assembled the best actors, directors, writers and how much they gained from that venture? :eek:
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Honestly, I don't understand why are you even mentioning Westlife now when cnbcwatcher never said such a thing. It is very clear they weren't all about the music and that Simon also saw in them nothing more than a cash cow. In fact, Westlife is a perfect example what happens when Simon loses interest in certain act.

I used west life as an example that no pop band are just about the music and glad to see that you agree with me for once.

Simon is a business man and like every other business man in whatever field is there to make money. I find this cash cow comment laughable as yes he will eventually drop them as will every music act at some point get dropped that is unless they are iconic like Adele or the band themselves decide they have had enough. It is the way it goes. It's a job in which the product has to make money and if they don't they will get dropped

When they started out so many wrote them off as just a quick flash in the pan and then as each album has come out they say this will be their last . They said they wouldn't break america and they did and they wouldn't do well in other countries and they have!

Posters are now saying it is too early for a stadium tour? Why is it too early? The fans want to see them and want to buy the tickets. Please do tell me what stage in a person's career should be the right time to do a stadium tour?

Why do you in particular care whether they do well or not? It is obvious from all your posts you hate them but why waste your time and energy getting in as many dislike posts on them on here and other forums. It baffles me why posters do this . It is such a waste of energy and can't possibly be good for your soul ;);)

ETA I see Albrighty has posted while I was typing
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While I appreciate we're all entitled to our opinions, do fans of an artist have to be so condescending and rude when replying to a post they don't like?

I don't see any rude posts just the usual discussion on DS. One person hates an act and another likes them although there is history when certain posters who don't like an act want to post as often as possible about said act .It then starts to strike of obsession :D
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    I used west life as an example that no pop band are just about the music and glad to see that you agree with me for once.

Simon is a business man and like every other business man in whatever field is there to make money. I find this cash cow comment laughable as yes he will eventually drop them as will every music act at some point get dropped that is unless they are iconic like Adele or the band themselves decide they have had enough. It is the way it goes. It's a job in which the product has to make money and if they don't they will get dropped

When they started out so many wrote them off as just a quick flash in the pan and then as each album has come out they say this will be their last . They said they wouldn't break america and they did and they wouldn't do well in other countries and they have!

Posters are now saying it is too early for a stadium tour? Why is it too early? The fans want to see them and want to buy the tickets. Please do tell me what stage in a person's career should be the right time to do a stadium tour?

Why do you in particular care whether they do well or not? It is obvious from all your posts you hate them but why waste your time and energy getting in as many dislike posts on them on here and other forums. It baffles me why posters do this . It is such a waste of energy and can't possibly be good for your soul ;);)

And why is cash cow comment so laughable when you actually agree what me and some other posters say? Simon is known for always finding someone that can get him easy money. That is why they are all cash cows in his eyes, he is a self-centered mogul.

The only reason why I think the stadium tour is early is because they will just finish their 8 month tour, record a new album and promo the hell out of it, have probably a month off and then go on massive tour which will be more demanding than arena tours. But again, feel free to disagree if you think Simon is actually caring about their well being. If one of them along the road cracks under the pressure and decides to leave, then everybody will be like "why? Everything was going so well..."

Personally, I hate when 1D fans don't like that people say negative things about them (posts that aren't rude or childish by the way). Why can't other people state their opinion about them? This isn't a appreciation thread.

And for the 100th time already, I never said I hated them and I was never disrespectful with my comments unlike some other people who are always calling them names and saying how they are not talented at all.

I have the right to say what I want about them, why not? It is actually nice to say something constructive when all I see exaggeration about them on the internet - from the fans that idolize their every move to media that has to report whenever one of them does something even trivial, like buy a dog or go out.

Don't worry, I'm not wasting my energy by stating my opinion. If it bothers you so much, just read appreciation thread where everything is always perfect. Simple as that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's no different to anyone who liked tweenie groups at an early age. When I was 11 I liked a tweenie group and would draw pictures of them over and over. Yes, I feel embarrassed today that I ever did that but it's natural.

People should allow folk to enjoy the music of One Direction if they want to. How does it impact your life? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    I don't see any rude posts

Someone telling me I had no clue about the music business is pretty rude, no?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »

People should allow folk to enjoy the music of One Direction if they want to. How does it impact your life? :)

I don't see anyone not allowing fans to enjoy their stuff? I see people answering the question the OP asked, and fans in this thread taking huge objection to anyone discussing their "boys" in any way that isn't praising them or going on about how hard they work.

While people that do nothing but bang on about things they dislike are annoying, I'm not seeing much of that here - just people trying to have a discussion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see anyone not allowing fans to enjoy their stuff? I see people answering the question the OP asked, and fans in this thread taking huge objection to anyone discussing their "boys" in any way that isn't praising them or going on about how hard they work.

While people that do nothing but bang on about things they dislike are annoying, I'm not seeing much of that here - just people trying to have a discussion.

trying to have a discussion? yeah... have you read yesterday's post? lolz!! more like a blow by blow account whilst the boys were doing their press conference-- with a decidedly negative slant from the off... :o:o;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's actually funny how one can be there at the countdown of the announcement of an act one doesn't even like... to post an ongoing negative commentary perhaps? :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    trying to have a discussion? yeah... have you read yesterday's post? lolz!! more like a blow by blow account whilst the boys were doing their press conference-- with a decidedly negative slant from the off... :o:o;)

And so what if it was negative? This is not a thread for praising them, so why can't people say negative things here? 1D fans should just let people comment what they want.

Also, exactly what was so negative yesterday? Some of us said that the stadium tour was too early and 1 made a joke how they will announce the split. I haven't seen anything else here...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must say their marketing team is amazing. They created a separate website about some announcement 1D will reveal next week.

I find this ridiculous, they could have easily posted this on their website, but no...

I guess they team thought - let the hype continue. Kudos to them.

it is not ridiculous...

they ARE the biggest boyband at the moment and this announcement of their first WORLDWIDE STADIUM TOUR is a momentous moment for them and deserves an historic venue such as the Wembley itself to MARK the event.

it so happened that the first countries to be announced were in latin america which all had their own national football teams that went very well with them being pictured in those various national football strips....

http://youtu.be/iNK2je4uIUY

i'm sure the journos from these countries who were present knew they had a scoop in their hands and didn't find it ridiculous... they would know how big 1D is in their respective countries and what positive impact to their own paper/radio station this press conference has...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do you leap over everyone who posts anything about One Direction in a way you dislike? Oh, yes, you do. People like you and twingle make any kind of expression which isn't pure appreciation impossible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1D fans should just let people comment what they want..

While I understand people wanting to defend their "faves", to an extent, I am baffled that the moderators let the same few diehards basically attempt to shut down anything they don't like. Bad for business on what is supposed to be an open forum for everyone, wouldn't you say?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you leap over everyone who posts anything about One Direction in a way you dislike? Oh, yes, you do. People like you and twingle make any kind of expression which isn't pure appreciation impossible.

This! Do you 1D fans really have to comment on everything negative that is being said here. I still stand by what I said - creating a countdown separate website is ridiculous in my eyes, so what? It is MY opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry i wasn't able to answer yesterday as i was also following the press conference yesterday and posting my own commentary in the appreciation thread... :p

didn't even know there was a parallel mini commentary running here in a virtual un-appreciation thread... :o:o

of course i'll try to answer them now in view of a rounded discussion... :D;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This! Do you 1D fans really have to comment on everything negative that is being said here. I still stand by what I said - creating a countdown separate website is ridiculous in my eyes, so what? It is MY opinion.

of course it is your opinion...

which i don't share...

that's why i post mine... :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again, this is NOT an appreciation thread! If you don't like this, ignore it. People are allowed to post constructive criticisms here. No one calls them bad names and only a few say they can't sing.

I understand that you are all angry when people call them talentless or Wand Erection, I get that and you should defend them. But you don't have to defend them if someone gives a polite negative statement.

:eek: i can't express a differing opinion coz it's polite? :confused:

i'm sorry-- so in essense, you're saying you or anyone can continue to post negative comments after negative comments but there has to be a cap in the number of replies to those? :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

oh...

please see above...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: i can't express a differing opinion coz it's polite? :confused:

Of course not, don't act like you don't know what I mean... All I'm saying is you 1D fans comment on EVERY post here that isn't praising 1D. You don't have to defend them, I get that you love them.

i'm sorry-- so in essense, you're saying you or anyone can continue to post negative comments after negative comments but there has to be a cap in the number of replies to those? :eek:

Comment all you want, I don't mind. However, it does annoy me that it seems you all want to turn this into an appreciation thread since you comment on every post that isn't pro 1D.