Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Outstanding coverage tonight on BBC2 from Belgium for the WW1 anniversary
  • Options
    dave01dave01 Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »
    But the two episodes on BBC Two timeshifted more in proportional terms than Monday's on BBC One:

Of course the clash episode timeshifted the most of all.

That's a fair point, I hadn't thought of it like that.
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Not sure there is enough personality in the other Dragons to compensate for him leaving.

Its still a fascinating, frequently compelling format though even after all these series. Last night was brilliant I thought.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie had some very good episodes tonight - better than the recent filler tosh
  • Options
    xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member

What's that? H of De Vil saying something postive about Stuart Blackburn's work? :o:D
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member

Both episodes were comedy gold, although they weren't meant to be!
  • Options
    jonnyblackjonnyblack Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know how Melissa and Joey has been rating on E4? It's been shown in double bills from 3pm weekdays since last Monday.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    xeo wrote: »
    What's that? H of De Vil saying something postive about Stuart Blackburn's work? :o:D

No - I dont believe it !!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Some more news on sci-fi drama Intruders coming to BBC2.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/corporate2/mediacentre/latestnews/2014/intruders

Oh no not John Simm again - its bound to be depressing then according to some on here. :D

Actually I was trying to think of the last really good new Sci Fi show BBC did?
  • Options
    ChrisEChrisE Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    Oh no not John Simm again - its bound to be depressing then according to some on here. :D

Actually I was trying to think of the last really good new Sci Fi show BBC did?

Quatermas and the Pit.:)

No, no Invasion Earth.:D

Ok, Outcasts.:D:D
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonnyblack wrote: »
    Does anyone know how Melissa and Joey has been rating on E4? It's been shown in double bills from 3pm weekdays since last Monday.

Taking a snapshot of 2 days excluding +1...

Monday:
    3.00pm - 87,000 (1.2%)
    3.30pm - 84,000 (1.2%)

Thursday:
    3.00pm - 59,000 (0.8%)
    3.30pm - 38,000 (0.5%)

Started OK, not looking so good by the end of the week.
  • Options
    rr22rr22 Posts: 7,633
    Forum Member
    bwfcol wrote: »
    BBC June iPlayer shows 1m are watching EE most episodes. That excludes Sky/Virgin box downloads.

Do ITV release stats? I doubt any CS/EM episodes get 1m on there

Its significant to the performance of "EastEnders" overnights, but then "Doctor Who" drifted the same way over the course of Matt Smith's time on the show.

More people caught up with the show when they wanted to not when the schedulers dictated to view. I'd be interested to see if "Coronation Street" was equally as popular on itv player or if its overnights show more of the audience watching as it happens.

These figures could give a better grasp of how many people the two soaps are reaching on different channels.

Although its argued that i player only shows access to the programme not the duration of viewing and its overall performance over the half hour or hour. We don't know how many people hit the i player button but didn't continue to view.

I do only watch bits of "EastEnders" this way now rather than a whole episode and I wouldnt watch it live anymore so I can move it forward or stop the episode if its not any good. Do many viewers now not watch live broadcasts either perhaps.
  • Options
    dave01dave01 Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bwfcol wrote: »
    BBC June iPlayer shows 1m are watching EE most episodes. That excludes Sky/Virgin box downloads.

Do ITV release stats? I doubt any CS/EM episodes get 1m on there

There's not much out there for ITV Player stats. This article from the Independant last October indicates that ITV Player gets considerably less viewers than BBC Iplayer and Channel 4 OD:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/bbc-iplayer-takes-more-than-half-of-uks-digital-audience-8886346.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dave01 wrote: »
    There's not much out there for ITV Player stats. This article from the Independant last October indicates that ITV Player gets considerably less viewers than BBC Iplayer and Channel 4 OD:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/bbc-iplayer-takes-more-than-half-of-uks-digital-audience-8886346.html

Cheers! Why? Better advertising of the service from BBC which reminds viewers constantly. Don't really completely get the reason for that, but You Tube perhaps absorbs some of the itv viewers from the peak moments of "The X Factor" and "Britians Got Talent".
  • Options
    NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    johnnymc wrote: »
    Cheers! Why? Better advertising of the service from BBC which reminds viewers constantly. Don't really completely get the reason for that, but You Tube perhaps absorbs some of the itv viewers from the peak moments of "The X Factor" and "Britians Got Talent".

And not forgetting that ITV Player is pants.
  • Options
    Forum Member

BBC i player is also pants this month and next. Lycra ones.
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,861
    Forum Member

This, ITV player is very poor, lots of buffering, atrocious video quality, and they take an age to get flagship stuff up with some stuff not even making it- They really should try harder, Iplayer and 4OD are both excellent and hence why people use them
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    This, ITV player is very poor, lots of buffering, atrocious video quality, and they take an age to get flagship stuff up with some stuff not even making it- They really should try harder, Iplayer and 4OD are both excellent and hence why people use them

ITV Player has improved for Android phones. An update came out today and it is much better. But the best streaming of ITV is through the Sky Go app and you can download some old ITV programmes too. 4oD is atrocious of some makes of phone. That works perfectly, once again, through the Sky Go app.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    2.43 million for World War one coverage on BBC TWO at Westminster a 12.6% share
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad this did well on BBC2.
    johnnymc wrote: »
    2.43 million for World War one coverage on BBC TWO at Westminster a 12.6% share

"@TVRatingsUK: Last night's service at Westminster Abbey to remember the start of #WW1 peaked with 2.96m/21.8% at 11pm. Coverage averaged 2.43m/12.6%."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "@TVRatingsUK: #RoyalMarineCommandoSchool continued to do well for C4, with 2.26m/10.6% watching from 9pm. #LongLostFamily won the slot with 4.54m/21.4%."
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the new Radio Times next week section it appears The Fall starts the week of 16-22 August
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From Bothersbar:

Pointless 2.64m (23.5%)
    The 21st Question 1.96m (18.4%)
    Tipping Point 1.61m (25.8%)
    Big Brother 1.24m (7.0%)
    Couples Come Dine With Me 0.85m (7.9%)
    Perfection 0.77m (13.3%)
    BBBOTS 0.56m (5.8%)
    Deal or No Deal 0.39m (5.7%)
    Countdown 0.34m (5.6%)
    Win It Cook It 0.32m (4.0%)

All including HD and +1 where appropriate
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    From Bothersbar:

Pointless 2.64m (23.5%)
    The 21st Question 1.96m (18.4%)
    Tipping Point 1.61m (25.8%)
    Big Brother 1.24m (7.0%)
    Couples Come Dine With Me 0.85m (7.9%)
    Perfection 0.77m (13.3%)
    BBBOTS 0.56m (5.8%)
    Deal or No Deal 0.39m (5.7%)
    Countdown 0.34m (5.6%)
    Win It Cook It 0.32m (4.0%)

All including HD and +1 where appropriate

That's a positive start for 21st Question. If it ends its run with anything like that number, though, I'll be gobsmacked. Awful start for that quiz/cooking thing. C4 just can't catch a break. Tired old schedule that should have been put out of its misery 5 years ago. Tragic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    According to the new Radio Times next week section it appears The Fall starts the week of 16-22 August

Great news !!!
This discussion has been closed.