If you were EP of EastEnders

lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
Forum Member
✭✭
I'd change a lot.... What would you change?;-)

Comments

• Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DTC Work is not exciting me a lot. To many boring dull patches!!!!!
  • rr22rr22 Posts: 7,621
    Forum Member
    I would bring in a Den and Angie landlord and landlady and recreate the tension of the eighties!
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would rewind and erase all the stupid mistakes previous EPs made.
  • ClackersClackers Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bring back Steve Owen

Kill off Phil Mitchell

Finally kill off Nick Cotton

Kill off Dot Cotton

Bring back David Wicks
  • starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    Add underscore music, get a better mix of drama and comedy, not be afriad to tackle new issues.
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Commission better story lines for Alfie Moon and hopefully get him into a proper job, maybe Ian's caff or the chippy!
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reem2011 wrote: »
    DTC Work is not exciting me a lot. To many boring dull patches!!!!!

I want the show to be like the santer era, obviously were not gonna get a john yorke or Julia smith era but the santer era was very enjoyable and a lot of the characters that were round are still here! DTC isn't half as exciting as he made himself out to be:confused:
  • nathan69nathan69 Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apart from the odd highlight and the slow pace of the "big building" storylines I have not been generally impressed. Too many irritating characters (Alfie, Kat, Bianca and all her kids...) There seems to be too much light fluff trying to hold it all together. Even worse now that Fatboys back after his stoned webcam wank.
  • MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First act of mine would be axing Dexter and Fats

More drama
  • QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's hope that a lot of people on this forum don't become an EP in their lifetime :D
  • TellMeMoreTellMeMore Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Santer era is massively overrated by some. It had far more dull patches than what we have at present.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Axe the Carters so EE can breathe again :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TellMeMore wrote: »
    The Santer era is massively overrated by some. It had far more dull patches than what we have at present.

The public see it very different! Not a single one of the current storylines even comes close to the likes of...

Mad May/dawn
    Max/stacey
    Stella/ben
    Recreation of the butchers/Whitney's abuse
    Ronnie/roxy/sean/jack
    Nick cotton
    Lucas Johnston
    Danielle/ronnie
    Dot and jim
    Steven Beale holding Ian hostage
    Staceys bipolar
    Who killed archie
    Phil on crack
    Tanya burying max alive
    The queen vic fire
    Stacey/janine/ryan
    Reintroduction of kat and alfie
    Etc... All of these happened in 3/4 years and brought in figures of over 10 million, all the current team need to do is do some forward thinking, and come up with storylines like these, that focus around grown up issues (not silly teen stuff) rather than the current shabby stories! Use all the teen crushes, pregnancies etc as fillers!:P
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Axe the Carters so EE can breathe again :cool:

I would be over the moon! I only like shirley and linda! And maybe tina, the rest I can not stomach anymore! They're not EE at all, more carry on style!
  • Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty happy with most of the cast we have at the minute althought i would Axe Lauren,dexter,Tina,tosh,lee,Donna and then the returns I would bring back Ollie,jean and Charlie slater,Zainab masood,Martin fowler for good try my best to bring back Sarah phelps and tony Jordan to the writing team. Also I'd Try and get grant and Peggy back on a 6 month contract to help bring back lost viewers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty happy with most of the cast we have at the minute althought i would Axe Lauren,dexter,Tina,tosh,lee,Donna and then the returns I would bring back Ollie,jean and Charlie slater,Zainab masood,Martin fowler for good try my best to bring back Sarah phelps and tony Jordan to the writing team. Also I'd Try and get grant and Peggy back on a 6 month contract to help bring back lost viewers.

Hm, I'd keep Lauren, but I agree with the rest yes!
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would axe the following-

FatBoy, Dexter, Kim, Tosh, Cindy, Alfie, Mo, Billy, Roxy and Lee. I would make Abi and Tamwar recurring characters so they can go to University and have a life away from Walford only returning in the holidays.

I would replace the above with the following-

Bushra or a Zainab return
    Ada Fox
    Maxine Pearce (Lola's Mum)
    A new GP/Teacher couple (the show really lacks a middle class couple)
    Paul Coker
    A Grown up Child of a former family possibly Ali Osman Jnr
    Grant and Courtney Mitchell
    Vicki Fowler (recast)
  • 123keithy123123keithy123 Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    I always imagine in my mind what I would do if I was the big boss in EE :D

Character continuity is something which drives me bananas I hate it when characters come back and they have a completely different personality from what they left with.

I also don't like what I call lazy writing, Where you bring back old characters or bring in new families and make the majority of the show about them, any tom, dick, harry or Sheila can create new characters with lots of secrets which have no understanding to the viewer because we have not made a personal connection with that character yet.

Id make storylines have more of a moral ending where the viewer themselves can actually learn or at least question there own beliefs or way of handling issues in there own lives. (kind of sitcom style)

I am not a big fan of murders, affairs and lies in soaps I think if you have to much of it the viewer becomes very sanitised from the issue, So when it happens it does not really have a shock value. It almost becomes the norm when in fact it should be displayed as anything but the norm in our society.

The first few storylines I would bring in at the moment would be a legal high storyline maybe even have a shop open near the square or a stool selling them.

a breast feeding in public storyline as that seems a very controversial issue at the moment.

The growing cannabis storyline would have been great I felt, as by the amount of people that seem to smoke it these days a lot of people must be growing it.

Maybe highlight the struggle that pubs are going through these days by having the Vic struggle to make ends meet.

Bisexuality seems to be on the rise at the moment or at least much more openly discussed I think, that could be a really different take on a characters relationships instead of just your typical gay/hetro angle.

Immigration seems a big topic as well these days so I would focus on maybe Stan and Aleks building a friendship based on banter but where they both learn each others point of view in a civilised adult way.

I know these probably seem quite minor storylines but I think they are current and it would be a great way to not only be a discussion point I believe it would make EE more of a representation of the British public instead of a general stereotype decided by people who are probably not as in touch with real people as they think they are.

I think the way forward with TV in general is a light mix between reality and fantasy. I understand they record episodes months in advance but I think it can be done if you have a team with there pulse on the relevant issues in our lives.

as for axing characters my list would probably be hugely unpopular so I will not even try.

Last thing I would do though is tell all cast members and producers that when you pour a hot drink from the kettle not no one can take a sip within 30 seconds of pouring it.... That will always bug me ;-)
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would try changing my job.... to the EP of Emmerdale :D
  • james_killroyjames_killroy Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    I would axe the following-

FatBoy, Dexter, Kim, Tosh, Cindy, Alfie, Mo, Billy, Roxy and Lee. I would make Abi and Tamwar recurring characters so they can go to University and have a life away from Walford only returning in the holidays.

I would replace the above with the following-

Bushra or a Zainab return
    Ada Fox
    Maxine Pearce (Lola's Mum)
    A new GP/Teacher couple (the show really lacks a middle class couple)
    Paul Coker
    A Grown up Child of a former family possibly Ali Osman Jnr
    Grant and Courtney Mitchell
    Vicki Fowler (recast)

Sounds very dull
  • walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    Sounds very dull

Why so rude?
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Put Philth in the gutter and keep him there.

But only after bloody good kickings from several male characters on separate occasions that would utterly destroy his credibility as the 'King of the Square' and show him up for what he really is - a cheap, bullying little small-time thug.
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would try changing my job.... to the EP of Emmerdale :D

Im sure if you were EP of Eastenders you would be a good EP
  • Rick_PoppaRick_Poppa Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always imagine in my mind what I would do if I was the big boss in EE :D

Character continuity is something which drives me bananas I hate it when characters come back and they have a completely different personality from what they left with.

I also don't like what I call lazy writing, Where you bring back old characters or bring in new families and make the majority of the show about them, any tom, dick, harry or Sheila can create new characters with lots of secrets which have no understanding to the viewer because we have not made a personal connection with that character yet.

Id make storylines have more of a moral ending where the viewer themselves can actually learn or at least question there own beliefs or way of handling issues in there own lives. (kind of sitcom style)

I am not a big fan of murders, affairs and lies in soaps I think if you have to much of it the viewer becomes very sanitised from the issue, So when it happens it does not really have a shock value. It almost becomes the norm when in fact it should be displayed as anything but the norm in our society.

The first few storylines I would bring in at the moment would be a legal high storyline maybe even have a shop open near the square or a stool selling them.

a breast feeding in public storyline as that seems a very controversial issue at the moment.

The growing cannabis storyline would have been great I felt, as by the amount of people that seem to smoke it these days a lot of people must be growing it.

Maybe highlight the struggle that pubs are going through these days by having the Vic struggle to make ends meet.

Bisexuality seems to be on the rise at the moment or at least much more openly discussed I think, that could be a really different take on a characters relationships instead of just your typical gay/hetro angle.

Immigration seems a big topic as well these days so I would focus on maybe Stan and Aleks building a friendship based on banter but where they both learn each others point of view in a civilised adult way.

I know these probably seem quite minor storylines but I think they are current and it would be a great way to not only be a discussion point I believe it would make EE more of a representation of the British public instead of a general stereotype decided by people who are probably not as in touch with real people as they think they are.

I think the way forward with TV in general is a light mix between reality and fantasy. I understand they record episodes months in advance but I think it can be done if you have a team with there pulse on the relevant issues in our lives.

as for axing characters my list would probably be hugely unpopular so I will not even try.

Last thing I would do though is tell all cast members and producers that when you pour a hot drink from the kettle not no one can take a sip within 30 seconds of pouring it.... That will always bug me ;-)

Great POST!!!
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would get rid of Phil, he seems to serve no purpose and is like a dinosaur