Options

Does tying your jumper/jacket around your waist

13»

Comments

• Options
    acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    The first time we went to America when our son was young, an American asked him if he was English , when he said yes , she said she knew he was because he had his jumper tied round his waist and she had only seen English people do that.

I've seen it in American TV and Film. That woman who spoke to you must not own a TV set. I'm pretty sure it originated from their country. It was especially popular during the mid nineties grunge era.
  • Options
    AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    howard h wrote: »
    It's unbelievable that folk on here can't understand plain common sense and want to make mountains out of sugar lumps.
    Up here we have four seasons in an hour in October and we have to be prepared for everything. And a pully wrapped round the waist stops my skirt billowing in the wind and showing everyone my arse. So there.
    Must be getting close to winter. I actually put my jumper back on this lunch time in Birmingham :o
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    howard h wrote: »
    It's unbelievable that folk on here can't understand plain common sense and want to make mountains out of sugar lumps.
    Up here we have four seasons in an hour in October and we have to be prepared for everything. And a pully wrapped round the waist stops my skirt billowing in the wind and showing everyone my arse. So there.

Spoil sport. :-D
  • Options
    abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    Jumpers were only ever tied around our waists at primary school and only then when playing cowboys and Indians - which consisted mostly of running around, making whooping noises and shooting with pistol fingers! The jumper tied around your waist identified you as an Indian somehow.

Only ever seen one bloke enter our local with a jumper tied around his neck. I think he actually popped the collar on his polo shirt, wore sunglasses on the top of his head and had a tennis racquet in his hand. I'm surprised he made it out alive!