Sorry, but that Cheryl song is bland rubbish.

Comments

• Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She wasn't miming ..

She was miming to a pre-recorded vocal. The tell tale sign was at the end when she was talking to Ant and Dec, her mic was on a low volume the whole time and she was using their mic to be heard. When she spoke into her own mic while walking off the stage, she couldn't be heard because it was off or on a very very low volume.

She can barely sing standing still so I don't know why people still believe she can maintain a decent vocal while moving around. She's not capable of it. She pre-records vocals to sound "live" complete with breathing noises and flat notes to make it convincing, then she whispers along to that during the performance. It's how she has been operating since she started her solo career.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    She was miming to a pre-recorded vocal. The tell tale sign was at the end when she was talking to Ant and Dec, her mic was on a low volume the whole time and she was using their mic to be heard. When she spoke into her own mic while walking off the stage, she couldn't be heard because it was off or on a very very low volume

Little Mix also had problems with microphones not being turned up enough when each member started singing so I'd say you could make a good case for general mic problems throughout or simply the fact that her mic was turned off, or down, when she finished so she could be interviewed.
    Zack06 wrote: »
    She can barely sing standing still so I don't know why people still believe she can maintain a decent vocal while moving around. She's not capable of it. She pre-records vocals to sound "live" complete with breathing noises and flat notes to make it convincing, then she whispers along to that during the performance. It's how she has been operating since she started her solo career.

All i'll say to that is that perception of ability is as subjective as a sense of humour in my humble opinion. Hope that's ok :)
  • ThatJoshThatJosh Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It lacked instruments in the background music.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arnold1 wrote: »
    The Little Mix song was so much better.

I really, really like that one :blush:
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All i'll say to that is that perception of ability is as subjective as a sense of humour in my humble opinion. Hope that's ok :)

Well I'll agree with you, especially in the knowledge that she has been exposed for faking live singing on TV before. :)
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was miming but you'll always get Simon's followers on here defending anything to do with X-Factor/BGT and anything else Simon/Syco.

She wasn't miming....LOL.
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    She was miming but you'll always get Simon's followers on here defending anything to do with X-Factor/BGT and anything else Simon/Syco.

It seems particularly prevalent with Cheryl cole. I thought it was universally acknowledged that she mimed on all the TV shows she does?

Of course like the passing of a day, on digital spy you'll get someone swearing blind they could hear one wrong note that proves it was all live. Hah, like hell she can sing like that live.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ah yes, i forgot myself. Not slagging Cowell off as the second incarnation of Satan means i'm a "follower".

No, she wasn't.
  • Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That track shouldn't even make the playlist. She only focuses on the visual aspect of her 'performance', so without that, it's total c**p. Little Mix totally owned her, and Cheryl has become the new Paula Abdul: she's had her moment and is no longer relevant.

There's also no self-respect in performing in wardrobe that names and promotes the title of the track. Cheryl is really desperate now.
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    OP, Cheryl Cole mining?

It made me laugh, many a slip
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sansa_Snow wrote: »
    Little Mix and Diversity should have gone last as they put Cheryl's song and choreography to shame.

I agree, LM and Diversity were the stand-out performance last night.
  • PrincessRivPrincessRiv Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love little mix!!!!! I have to say I've lost interest in the X factor for the past few years. Until Matt Cardles win it was must see, exciting TV. Now it's just a cheesy, seen it all before fest. I didn't watch last year until the final because I don't really like Sharon a Osbpurne but I think Nicole is very entertaining!!

Swapping Nicole for Cheryl is a mistake. I can't bear the thought of a return to the Cheryl- Simon love in, we're superior fest. I doubt I'll watch any of the new X factor bar the final,
  • 3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    OP, Cheryl Cole mining?

It made me laugh, many a slip

She should try her hand at mining as a career change is overdue.

Watching Cheryl Cole 'singing' in the final made me wonder how well she would have done as an unknown trying to get through the auditions.

I'm thinking she wouldn't have got that far.
  • zolugzolug Posts: 2,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very weak for a comeback single, especially when you consider that she's been away from the limelight for quite a while. I believe the only reasons she's gone back to the X Factor is because she badly needs the publicity, people have realised that when all is said and done she's talentless.

Well said she was always the weakest singer in Girls Aloud it was only her looks and her connection to simon that put her where she is today.
  • mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was jumping around and would have been totally breathless if she had been singing too.
    I thought she was awful
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was jumping around and would have been totally breathless if she had been singing too.
    I thought she was awful

That dance routine was anything but "jumping around". anyone could see it was structured in such a way to keep her movement to a minimum.
  • JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks great, moves well but singing on her own without her mates ain't a good idea.
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    SAFC_Derry wrote: »
    She's nothing' without Simon Cowel.

She's nothing, full stop.
    A violent chav who had a very lucky break back in 2002 and whose pretty face has taken her far beyond her actual abilities.
  • abcdabcd Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so no one realised that cheryls performance was pre recorded an hour before the show started?
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jokanovic wrote: »
    Looks great, moves well but singing on her own without her mates ain't a good idea.

Can't argue with this post :)
  • evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it will gown on you after a while, it had a good melody.
  • grazmangrazman Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was obviously mimed to a pre-recorded live vocal, could tell from the get go with all the body and head movements and the vocals staying perfect, but I think we've come to expect that from Chezza. I actually quite like the song, but ever since the London Olympics Gary Barlow duet thingy its very clear she is not a good singer and its all about shaking her booty and flicking her hair back and forth surrounded by about 50 dancers.
  • Lee_BromleyLee_Bromley Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    Her entire career needs the oxygen of publicity that being connected to a Cowell show brings with it to survive. She's pretty, but can't sing a note live. Her cringeworthy performance with Gary Barlow tells you all you need to know about her voice.

She reminds me of the Eddie Murphy character in Trading Places. It's like Cowell's had a £1 bet with Louis Walsh that he can take someone with absolutely no talent and turn them into a multimillionaire popstar.
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,611
    Forum Member
    Very weak for a comeback single, especially when you consider that she's been away from the limelight for quite a while. I believe the only reasons she's gone back to the X Factor is because she badly needs the publicity, people have realised that when all is said and done she's talentless.

Yep. I'd be interested in knowing who was singing 'cos it sure as hell wasn't Cheryl Cole who has a weak tuneles voice in reality.
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    Yep. I'd be interested in knowing who was singing 'cos it sure as hell wasn't Cheryl Cole who has a weak tuneles voice in reality.

I didn't catch performance but I think your answer will be the wonders of the "autotune" it works wonders :o and as someone mentioned above when she sang with Gary Barlow she was a screeching cat at that performance and Gary had to save her (I caught it and it was indeed car crash TV!)