Options

What is the last dream you had?

Comments

• Options
    Duffman2000Duffman2000 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    I'm on strong painkillers after having just had a leg op so fell asleep on the sofa this morning whilst browsing DS (!) and dreamt I'd taken an accidental overdose of painkillers and was barely conscious. My mum and sister were somehow at home with me (I live on my own IRL but dreams are nothing like real life...) and they were just saying I should sleep it off but I was almost unconscious and practically paralysed. It was horrible.

Did you get any sleep paralysis as you were waking up?
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    I dreamt about you last night and I fell out of bed twice...

Nah I don't dream anymore - it's very rare.
  • Options
    maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    I dreamt I went back to High School as a mature student but it was my sons high school I went to (not the one that I went to when I was younger). I was sitting in class with his female friends and going for lunch with them.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a dream last night where I was the bridesmaid at my sister's wedding.

Doesn't seem too bad, does it? It is when you don't have a sister.
  • Options
    Duffman2000Duffman2000 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »

Having dreams about a non existent family member is one the worst non nightmare dreams I have ever had. :cry:
  • Options
    enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    had a dream last night that i bought something from someone for £60 but only gave him a £5 of that money so he chased after me.
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    enudzio wrote: »
    had a dream last night that i bought something from someone for £60 but only gave him a £5 of that money so he chased after me.

That's very interesting.
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    I was at work speaking to a few ladies (bare in mind I recognized none of them!) one asked me when I was working next. I told her I had two days off. Then I said "I'd be able to have a lay in, but would probably be awake at 7am!"
    Then one of the larger ladies started flirting with me!:p

Then I was back on the shop floor.
    I had lost the magnet for my name tag, so went to speak to one of my supervisors, told him I'd lost the magnet.
    Then for some reason I was wearing a bullet proof vest, and my supervisor was showing me how I could re-attach my name tag to it, which then for some reason had a little singing teddy bear on it!!!

*Yep I think I need to see a shrink* :D:D:D
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dreamt I got a Rolling Stones tattoo. Now, don't get me wrong, they're a legendary band an' all, but that's not a tattoo I could ever see myself getting.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Fillet o' fish?......;-)

I can't remember, think I got myself Chicken McNuggets and fries and got the penguin the Filet O' Fish :D The penguin had water to drink and I had Diet Coke :D
  • Options
    The MartianThe Martian Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was crawling around on the floor of a supermarket trying to hide from everyone. If anyone looked at me I would look away from them and remain perfectly still.
  • Options
    Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't very often dream, or at least don't recall if I have, but I had a weird one last night.
    I was driving along Buckingham Palace Road, having just crossed Victoria Street at Grosvenor Gardens, (isn't it strange how in dreams, that some bits can be so clear and precise?).
    I began to smell cigarette smoke, (again, how did I recognise that smell in a dream?),
    I don't smoke, I hate the smell, and I only know three people that smoke.
    I looked over my shoulder, and in the back seat was a guy in his mid forties, smoking a cigarette, dressed in motor-cycle clothes, but wearing a vicar's dog collar.
    I pulled over by Victoria Plaza and shouted, "Get out, or I'll ram that up your nose!"
    He calmly replied, "You couldn't do it, you're too fat."
    Having , (in reality), just gone from 82.5 kilos to just under 70, I was incensed.
    I dragged him out and began swinging at him, but as my fists almost reached his body or face, they slowed down as if in slow motion, and he just laughed at me.
    If I landed a blow at all, it must have been like being hit by a feather.
    Christ knows how it ended, for I woke up after that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »

Even worse if you are a guy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    I had a dream last night about aeroplanes landing in roads and parking in car parks. Then the passengers being transferred to a London Bus. Bit of a recurring one that.
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't very often dream, or at least don't recall if I have, but I had a weird one last night.
    I was driving along Buckingham Palace Road, having just crossed Victoria Street at Grosvenor Gardens, (isn't it strange how in dreams, that some bits can be so clear and precise?).
    I began to smell cigarette smoke, (again, how did I recognise that smell in a dream?),
    I don't smoke, I hate the smell, and I only know three people that smoke.
    I looked over my shoulder, and in the back seat was a guy in his mid forties, smoking a cigarette, dressed in motor-cycle clothes, but wearing a vicar's dog collar.
    I pulled over by Victoria Plaza and shouted, "Get out, or I'll ram that up your nose!"
    He calmly replied, "You couldn't do it, you're too fat."
    Having , (in reality), just gone from 82.5 kilos to just under 70, I was incensed.
    I dragged him out and began swinging at him, but as my fists almost reached his body or face, they slowed down as if in slow motion, and he just laughed at me.
    Christ knows how it ended, for I woke up after that.

You are Fred Housego and I claim my £5
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are Fred Housego and I claim my £5

Good one Robin, you do realise that a lot of posters here will have to Google that, to know what you mean!
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did realise that and then thought ****em, they need the exercise.

Edit: Oh all right then....
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?pws=0&gl=uk&q=Fred+Housego&gws_rd=ssl
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been having a recurring dream most nights for a week or two about one of my friends committing suicide and his obituary calling him by his old name (he's transgender so obviously doesn't have a feminine name and hadn't for a good 20 years).

Think it's because one of my other friends did commit suicide a few weeks back (actually been three suicides and one failed attempt here within a fortnight) so it's on my mind more than usual. Wish the dream would stop!
  • Options
    goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the last dream I remember I'd been dropped into occupied France in WW2 and was working as an agent trying to meet up with the French Resistance - it should have been scary but it was an adventure and I enjoyed myself - it was also colour and seemed real as I could feel the wind in my face. Been reading a novel about those times, brushing up my German and Spanish and had been thinking about once when I went to Paris - so not suprising to have such a dream

ps Have just read the last post and I'm sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I get that an awful lot - trying to fight with people in dreams and being utterly ineffective.

I think I play too many computer games because I often find myself in a firefight with soldiers or aliens but even in those dreams my weapons are utterly useless.

And I'm well aware of the Freudian interpretation of having a useless weapon that won't fire.....
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goldberry1 wrote: »
    In the last dream I remember I'd been dropped into occupied France in WW2 and was working as an agent trying to meet up with the French Resistance - it should have been scary but it was an adventure and I enjoyed myself - it was also colour and seemed real as I could feel the wind in my face. Been reading a novel about those times, brushing up my German and Spanish and had been thinking about once when I went to Paris - so not suprising to have such a dream

ps Have just read the last post and I'm sorry for your loss.

Your dream sounds quite interesting! Was it quite detailed? And thank you. Things slowly getting better :)
  • Options
    goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kiviraat wrote: »
    Your dream sounds quite interesting! Was it quite detailed? And thank you. Things slowly getting better :)

Strangely not so detailed - more lots of running about ;-)
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    I keep on dreaming about normal things which are meant to happen happening. It's really confusing, yesterday I got woken up to be told someone was here and I got a bit confused because in my dream they'd already come over and been in my room and stuff... When my friend woke me up I was even like 'Haven't they already been?'

It's been happening loads recently, something will happen in my dream and when I wake up I'll be like oh I need to text X about what happened earlier and they wont have a clue what I'm on about. It all just seems so normal and real :confused:
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a bizarre dream last night that I was having an affair with Ed Milliband, that was freaky
  • Options
    DiligentDanDiligentDan Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    Can't remember any recent dreams. A recurring image in my dreams is the moon being huge in the sky and then the light on it starts spinning and changing. Also, huge menacing tornadoes on the distant horizon.
    Very occasionally, I'll have a dream which feels like it's a sort of sequel to another dream from years ago, or at least evokes a sort of memory of being linked to something very distant.
    I love the (quite rare) dreams which I call my "epic film" dreams - I seem to be at the centre of an elaborate and exciting plot with an 'epic' sort of feel to it. The dream is action-packed, I'm rushing around in cars and planes, I have to get to a place and tell someone something, then rush back 'here' and do this and that, and it's all a race against the clock. It's all finally coming together and working out, and I'm going to be the big hero...I'm almost there...almost done it....the moment of glory and adulation is almost upon me....but I always start to wake up just before it all resolves! Aaaargh! There's that wonderful half-asleep/half-awake state, where I'm almost aware that it's a dream but I'm still "in" it, and so I try and go back into it, to "get to the ending", but can never quite do it.