Comments

• TasohTasoh Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    I think the horses may be upset with her there frightening them
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sands11 wrote: »
    I agree with them, she shouldn't be there. Just because you make some money doesn't mean you're suddenley upper class.

These events are for people who have always mixed in these circles, not for a load of nouveaus trying to jump on the bandwagon.

Wot, you mean like Kenny Jones?
  • Raring_to_goRaring_to_go Posts: 20,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    laura:) wrote: »
    I aint being funny or nothing but I am from a working class background and by no means a snob and if someone banned me from an event because I am not of a high enough class, I would be pissed off as well. The class system here is ridiculous. She paid her money she should be allowed in like everyone else. Imagine if a black person was turned away because they didn't fit in with the upper class white people who usually attend. There would be outrage.

Anyone who agrees with this is either a snob or hates Katie Price. Turning someone away from an event because they are of a lower class is snobbery to the extreme.

I whole heartedly agree with this and I think Katie Price should milk this snobbery for all it's worth, at the end of the day she could slip the snobs A Harvey Smith just for good measure.
  • TasohTasoh Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    two fingers arent enough for Jordon its a footballers foot ..lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they didn't want her there why did they let her pay for a table and then snub her?

I'm no Jordan fan but it's not right to treat anyone like that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teardrops wrote: »
    If they didn't want her there why did they let her pay for a table and then snub her?

Did she personally buy the ticket, or did she get a minion to do it? It could be that the organisers didn't realise who the ticket was actually for until the orange creature turned up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vermin wrote: »
    Did she personally buy the ticket, or did she get a minion to do it? It could be that the organisers didn't realise who the ticket was actually for until the orange creature turned up.

Should it matter? The principal still remains the same.
  • BradshawsbagBradshawsbag Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well quite frankly I think you are one

If slagging off KP makes me a snob, then so be it.

In that case, and in your opinion, most of the people on this thread must be too, as I don't see many members rushing to her defence. :p

I suppose you think we're 'jealous' as well. :rolleyes:
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure I like the woman but I think she has a point. However much of a chav she is (which ok is a great big one) she obviously has a genuine interest in horses and unless she going to be disruptive then she's paid her money and should be allowed to go to the event. If they object to the way she dresses then couldn't they raise that objection to that and get her to wear something a bit more demure rather than go "not our class darling" at her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still whinging and getting publicity from it:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/2008/08/02/pictures-riding-with-jordan-115875-20680582/

'I'll never buy Cartier jewellery again' she says.

I bet Cartier are heartbroken. :rolleyes:
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vermin wrote: »
    This is a woman who sells every last millimetre of her life, including her sex life, so I know I wouldn't want her at any event I organised.

If that makes me a snob, then I'm proud to be one.

100% agree. Any 'point' she might be making is lost in the quagmire of her repulsive vulgarity, ugly personality and media whoring aptitude.
  • Channel HopperChannel Hopper Posts: 15,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That long face of her fits a treat in the paddock.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she loses any more weight she'll be mistaken for one of their equine friends anyway - especially with those huge new veneers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teardrops wrote: »
    Should it matter? The principal still remains the same.

Um, yes it does matter because it would mean they didn't know who had bought the ticket until she turned up.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still whinging and getting publicity from it:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/2008/08/02/pictures-riding-with-jordan-115875-20680582/

'I'll never buy Cartier jewellery again' she says.

I bet Cartier are heartbroken. :rolleyes:

Oh yes; they're on a fast-track to going bankrupt now. :sleep:;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Katie and think it's disgraceful how she was treated.
  • soapmaniasoapmania Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    Tasoh wrote: »
    two fingers arent enough for Jordon its a footballers foot ..lol

Apparently that was Dane Bower's foot so I've been told :o.... hes a singer, he was in a band called Another Level in the late 90's.

I don't think it just applys to Katie though.. lets face it if your not from an upper class family or an A- list celeb your not getting into an event like that period. I do think Katie has a point I will give her that.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surely this is more about her public image and her standards of behaviour than any class issue? Many people who are not 'upper class' attend these events all the time and they are accepted fine. Probably they know how to behave in public and at a social event and are not famous for being vulgar and tacky.

I used to ride when i was younger and it's a complete myth that it's an upper class sport. People from all walks of life take part and are welcome with open arms. If someone from a similar background to Jordan but with dignity, class and self respect wanted tickets, I dount there would be a problem.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ultrasonic wrote: »
    Whether you love her or hate her, I think she's got a point.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7536492.stm

lol

maybe she should rethink her low class behaviour then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She says in this article that she had payed the £6,000 for the table but the organisers insist the story doesn't ring true because they have argued (il try and find the link were I read this) that she had rang up to book herself a table and she was told it was by invitation only and then you had to pay £6,000. So there is no possible way she would have payed the £6,000 and then been told actually she can't come because you have to be invited to take up a table.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DivaDiva wrote: »
    She says in this article that she had payed the £6,000 for the table but the organisers insist the story doesn't ring true because they have argued (il try and find the link were I read this) that she had rang up to book herself a table and she was told it was by invitation only and then you had to pay £6,000. So there is no possible way she would have payed the £6,000 and then been told actually she can't come because you have to be invited to take up a table.

that would make sense. more like she is pissed she wasn't invited.
  • soapmaniasoapmania Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    newwoman wrote: »
    I used to ride when i was younger and it's a complete myth that it's an upper class sport. People from all walks of life take part and are welcome with open arms. If someone from a similar background to Jordan but with dignity, class and self respect wanted tickets, I dount there would be a problem.

I grew up with horses & I am from a working class family, in my experience snobbery is to be expected where horse & pony events are concerned.
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    newwoman wrote: »
    Surely this is more about her public image and her standards of behaviour than any class issue? Many people who are not 'upper class' attend these events all the time and they are accepted fine. Probably they know how to behave in public and at a social event and are not famous for being vulgar and tacky.

I mentioned Kenny Jones in an earlier post. That's Kenny Jones, born in Stepney, who was the drummer with the Small Faces and later The Faces, and who replaced Keith Moon in The Who. He's been involved in polo for many years and owns Hurtwood Polo Club. Also Ginger Baker is polo mad (what is it with these drummers and polo?) and used to breed polo ponies, and maybe still does. His father was a brickie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,177
    Forum Member
    If slagging off KP makes me a snob, then so be it.

In that case, and in your opinion, most of the people on this thread must be too, as I don't see many members rushing to her defence. :p

I suppose you think we're 'jealous' as well. :rolleyes:

I don't think you're jealous I just think your a snob and so are lots of other posters on here. If she was turned away because they thought she would cause trouble then fair enough. However, after reading the article it looks like she was turned away because she was of a lower class than the other people attending. If you and other posters agree with that then you are snobs, end of. Denying someone entry because there are not of a high enough class is snobbery no matter who it is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think you're jealous I just think your a snob and so are lots of other posters on here. If she was turned away because they thought she would cause trouble then fair enough. However, after reading the article it looks like she was turned away because she was of a lower class than the other people attending. If you and other posters agree with that then you are snobs, end of. Denying someone entry because there are not of a high enough class is snobbery no matter who it is.

:D

She was turned away because as another poster said ^ she's supposed to have rung up to book a table and was told it was invitation only and then she had to pay £6000. She couldn't have just paid the money, as you have to be invited to this event.
    She was refused admission because she is cheap, vulgar and tacky, not because she's working class or a glamour model. As newwoman posted ^ many ordinary people go to the Cartier polo, but in KP's case, who knows how she might have behaved? Low cut inappropriate clothing, make up piled on, swearing - most working class people, with or without money, know how to behave, but with her you never know.