Options

Flounce

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
Forum Member
✭✭
I don't post here much but it's hardly important enough for GD (unlike threads such as "man at bust-stop asks for cigarettes," but that's beside the point).

I just thought I'd let anyone who does actually get on with me or like my posts know that I'm "flouncing" indefinitely. I like reading and posting on DS, and I like and respect the majority of the other posters, but the I just can't support the moderating decisions of late regarding misogyny and rape/abuse apology, the overwhelming majority of which is allowed to stand unchallenged. I know this won't effect DS and Hearst magazines whatsoever, but it will be a lot better for me, frankly I'm sick of it.

Anyway, as I say this is purely for the benefit of the potentially tiny minority of people who like my posts or whatnot, just to say why I'm disappearing for the foreseeable. To most of you, with a few exceptions, later and happy new year.

/ragequit

Comments

• Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll miss you goonst but I've really not seen that much of you lately anyway :(:cry:
  • Options
    twassingtontwassington Posts: 163,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't know me, but I've heard of you....shame to see you leave! But I get why. :(
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    goonst wrote: »
    I don't post here much but it's hardly important enough for GD (unlike threads such as "man at bust-stop asks for cigarettes," but that's beside the point).

I just thought I'd let anyone who does actually get on with me or like my posts know that I'm "flouncing" indefinitely. I like reading and posting on DS, and I like and respect the majority of the other posters, but the I just can't support the moderating decisions of late regarding misogyny and rape/abuse apology, the overwhelming majority of which is allowed to stand unchallenged. I know this won't effect DS and Hearst magazines whatsoever, but it will be a lot better for me, frankly I'm sick of it.

Anyway, as I say this is purely for the benefit of the potentially tiny minority of people who like my posts or whatnot, just to say why I'm disappearing for the foreseeable. To most of you, with a few exceptions, later and happy new year.

/ragequit

Goonst this is not like you at all and I love your posts and I like you vastly, I'm not just saying that

Look I can get involved with threads and have opinions, I'm a monkey at times for dropping an 'odd' thing in but a long time ago decided it was not going to do my bloody head in. Some topics affect us personally, maybe more than others know who may not have been affected by such in whatever way, we are bound to be touchy about stuff.

Take some time to consider, I've flounced myself one or two or maybe more occasions :o;)

Maybe take a break from serious discussion for a while, have a little dip in here and have a laugh xx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope you do decide to come back at some point. We have quite different points of view but you're a very interesting poster.
  • Options
    CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    What is the point of posting an 'I'm going to flounce' thread apart from the obvious attention seeking? If you're going to go, then just go. Why advertise the fact?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because not everyone detests me and I'd like them to know I've not just dropped off the face of the earth or returned to my life as Larry the trucker.

Since I have nothing to lose I would like to let it be known that Si_Crewe is an outright liar. I have never PMed him in my entire 7 years here. That is just pathetic, from a supposedly grown man.

After this post I am not going to be coming back, ever. In moments of extreme boredom I might read as a guest. Once I turn 18 I might have a go posting at the other place, you know, when I can finally exercise that "right to reply" they hold so dear. Beyond that, I'm finished with DS forums. It isn't to do with the posters, because I have been dealing with them for 7 years and if anything I'm more equipped to take it now. But when the moderation clearly support rape and abuse apology, misogyny and downright sexist imbecility, that's not something I want to have anything to do with.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caldari wrote: »
    What is the point of posting an 'I'm going to flounce' thread apart from the obvious attention seeking? If you're going to go, then just go. Why advertise the fact?

Because a flounce is not a proper flounce unless they start a thread about it telling everyone!
This discussion has been closed.