Lorraine

muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sadly as I am off work I have succumbed to daytime TV. Watching Lorraine and whilst the dress she is wearing is lovely, why do presenters seem to wear a size too small. I've noticed it with many a news presented or wy too short.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    for the lads?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Vordeman effect?
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You think it's too tight. She doesn't. She's wearing it. You're not.

Sorry, but who doesn't have better things to care about?
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Lorraine's hoping to flash us a glimpse of her growler:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe Lorraine's hoping to flash us a glimpse of her growler:D

Even if she did she'd deny it just like the pics on the internet!:D
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    You think it's too tight. She doesn't. She's wearing it. You're not.

Sorry, but who doesn't have better things to care about?

Good god, what up your ass?

Regardless if she doesn't think its too tight, looking at it, it does, even on the arms. A size up and it would be much better.

Carol Vorderman is an example of wearing a dress size too small. Would also suspect spanx is holding it all firmly in

Don't kid yourself if you are a size ten but really a 12, nothing wrong with a larger size at all. But to see so done literally poured into a dress isn't a good look,
  • AvinAGiraffeAvinAGiraffe Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    It was nice to see Lorraine without 3 miles of cleavage on show.
  • CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP - I am so glad I'm not the only one who this is obvious to. For years now I have been bewildered at presenters and weather girls who seem to be squeezed into clothing up to two sizes to small for them. I'm surprised it's not really been commented on before because it does stick out so much that these women are wearing the worst fitting clothes ever. It's like they're a size 14 trying to wear a size 10 dress and it looks awful. They'd all look so much better if they wore proper fitting outfits instead of looking like they'd strapped themselves down to get into wardrobe.

It's something that winds me up far more than it should. I'm a larger lady but I have no trouble finding clothes that are well cut and fit nicely. Many of these women are smaller than me so why are they apparently incapable of dressing or being dressed properly?
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muddipaws wrote: »

Regardless if she doesn't think its too tight, looking at it, it does, even on the arms. A size up and it would be much better.

Carol Vorderman is an example of wearing a dress size too small. Would also suspect spanx is holding it all firmly in

Don't kid yourself if you are a size ten but really a 12, nothing wrong with a larger size at all. But to see so done literally poured into a dress isn't a good look,

Carol V is the worst culprit for squeezing herself into clothes at least one dress size too small and then complaining about trying to find clothes that flatter.

So what if they have to wear a 12 or a 14?! That isn't remotely 'big' and they'd look the better for it, instead of trying to delude themselves into believing they are a size 10.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly as I am off work I have succumbed to daytime TV. Watching Lorraine and whilst the dress she is wearing is lovely, why do presenters seem to wear a size too small. I've noticed it with many a news presented or wy too short.

You mean Lorraine has actually turned up to her own TV show? :eek: :eek:
  • Green_StampGreen_Stamp Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if she has a hairy bush.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was nice to see Lorraine without 3 miles of cleavage on show.

Was there a vicar present this morning?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »

So what if they have to wear a 12 or a 14?!

Agreed, Sloopy! I have never understood people trying to deny themselves the truth when it comes to their size. I'm sure they'd feel so much better on an emotional level as well as looking much nicer if they just accepted their real measurements. It's especially sad in that people who do this are only deluding themselves.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Google it and find out, ;):D

Not her obviousy and she's always denied ir but...........:D
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let me guess, this was while she was talking about the drop a dress size bikini summer diet or some such?. Given the time of year, it wouldn't surprise me.

There's definitely nothing wrong in being a size 12, I can vouch for that. I used to be rather worryingly skinny and underweight, a size 10 and couldn't seem to put much weight on as a teenager. I look at photos of me from back then and I don't look very healthy. Since then ive managed to put on some weight, im a size 12 and people reckon I look alot healthier and im not as skinny as I used to be, I feel more comfortable and enjoy wearing my size 12 clothing. I wouldn't want to try and fit into a size 10 item, im actually happy I need a 12 :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every time I tune in to GMTV/Daybreak they are talking about a diet, Izzy. Whatever the season or occasion, Lorraine and co will have a new and special diet plan for it.

How anyone can watch these shows day in, day out, without slipping into a coma amazes me.
  • redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand Lorraine anyway, so patronising, fake smiling and inane giggling. Plus, we don't need to see her cleavage over our cornflakes - cover up woman, its a daytime show! Her dress today reminded me of a bandage - a bit like a mummy
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why doesn't ITV have subtitles because I do not understand that stupid awful accent she has. Rab C Nesbitt is more coherent than that Gorbles moron with her fake persona
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Let me guess, this was while she was talking about the drop a dress size bikini summer diet or some such?. Given the time of year, it wouldn't surprise me.

There's definitely nothing wrong in being a size 12, I can vouch for that. I used to be rather worryingly skinny and underweight, a size 10 and couldn't seem to put much weight on as a teenager. I look at photos of me from back then and I don't look very healthy. Since then ive managed to put on some weight, im a size 12 and people reckon I look alot healthier and im not as skinny as I used to be, I feel more comfortable and enjoy wearing my size 12 clothing. I wouldn't want to try and fit into a size 10 item, im actually happy I need a 12 :)

Interesting, I was always underweight being 5ft 8 and 8.5 stone or less I thought I looked fab, when I look back I look so gaunt. I even tried a bra eleg on last week and I could get three fingers in it no way would it go on.

Even after kids I went back to what I thought was slim, now I know it was very skinny. Soon as I hit 43 ish it crept on, nw I'm a size 14. I don't like it, having been seriously ill this year its creeping up again but that is lack of exercise I know. But I wear clothes that fit and not kid myself I'm a 12 or squeeze into it. Fingers crossed I can pick up on my fitness and be comfy in a 14.
  • Terry HesticlesTerry Hesticles Posts: 267
    Forum Member

LMFAO :D
  • malspiemalspie Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

At least Carol Vordeman doesn't make bitchy comments about the way other women dress unlike Lorraine who thinks she's so perfect.
  • *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need to read up about 'The Male Gaze', and understand why women in the public eye do what they do..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting, I was always underweight being 5ft 8 and 8.5 stone or less I thought I looked fab, when I look back I look so gaunt. I even tried a bra eleg on last week and I could get three fingers in it no way would it go on.

Even after kids I went back to what I thought was slim, now I know it was very skinny. Soon as I hit 43 ish it crept on, nw I'm a size 14. I don't like it, having been seriously ill this year its creeping up again but that is lack of exercise I know. But I wear clothes that fit and not kid myself I'm a 12 or squeeze into it. Fingers crossed I can pick up on my fitness and be comfy in a 14.

im not sure of my height back then but I was always between 7 and 7.5 stone. I wasn't too bothered generally but then I fainted in school one day and I tend to catch alot of colds and things like that - my mum tells me that being particularly underweight can have an effect on the immune system I think?. It was only really looking back on photos of me as a teen, in the last 5 years or so (now im 30) that it makes me a little sad I was like that because I was always so self conscious, I look quite awkward in most photos, im almost surprised I didn't have an eating disorder or anything because I felt very aware of my body but I ate fairly well. I didn't even exercise a great deal, just went out for walks and other general things, went to gym class.

Most teens probably want to be skinny but I seemed to feel really awkward anyway but then thats a difficult time in life I suppose. I just feel a bit more 'normal' now because I cant feel my ribcage so much or anything like that...I think I was a bit almost skeltal beforehand. There's a specific photo I have somewhere, where im on a beach and the wind is blowing at my top but it was a small top and yet it looks baggy on me, looking at it I almost think im surprised I didn't blow away in the wind! why would people want to be like that? I did eat, it just seemed to take years for the weight to appear, I suppose...who knows.

I'm sorry to hear you've been ill :( best of luck with the fitness. I think being so skinny when I was younger, I presumed I was more fit/healthy than I was, until some issues came about around 5 years ago then the dr. pushed me to get out for half hour walks to keep me active and ive been doing that ever since.

Anyway, more on topic - I dont think its right for everyone to try to be a small size, depending on height and so on (your BMI), its not healthy to have crash diets and try to be a size 10, just try to keep fit and work towards the right size for your body shape, whatever is healthiest, surely? [/shuts up]
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every time I tune in to GMTV/Daybreak they are talking about a diet, Izzy. Whatever the season or occasion, Lorraine and co will have a new and special diet plan for it.

How anyone can watch these shows day in, day out, without slipping into a coma amazes me.

Sounds like nothings changed, then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Cadhla* wrote: »
    You need to read up about 'The Male Gaze', and understand why women in the public eye do what they do..

To be fair, this is all too true.