Listen to Cher Lloyd's 2nd Album...

Comments

• Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Is the UK tracklist going to be different to the usa release ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    twells wrote: »
    Labels won't spend much on promotion if they don't think they will get it back from sales. It sounds as though Epic thinks Cher Lloyd's US fan base is pretty weak.

People keep saying there is little promo and it is because she picked a crappy week for her album to come out. I work on a US Daytime talk show and Seth Meyers, Jimmy Fallon, David Letterman, Jimmy Kimmel, The View, and The Talk are all on a hiatus this week and weren't shooting any new episodes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Joegrizzle wrote: »
    People keep saying there is little promo and it is because she picked a crappy week for her album to come out. I work on a US Daytime talk show and Seth Meyers, Jimmy Fallon, David Letterman, Jimmy Kimmel, The View, and The Talk are all on a hiatus this week and weren't shooting any new episodes.
    Not only that but opposing Mariah and Austin Mahone in the pop world. Although I doubt she got to pick the release date. I think the US label just gave up on her after I Wish flopped.

I've been hammering this front to back while coding all week. Cher's got obvious limitations and I get why she grates on people but it's a very solid, high energy pop album. Anyone else think Bind Your Love and MFPOTY would have been a much better set of lead singles?
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nissl wrote: »
    Not only that but opposing Mariah and Austin Mahone in the pop world. Although I doubt she got to pick the release date. I think the US label just gave up on her after I Wish flopped.

I've been hammering this front to back while coding all week. Cher's got obvious limitations and I get why she grates on people but it's a very solid, high energy pop album. Anyone else think Bind Your Love and MFPOTY would have been a much better set of lead singles?
    I think MFPOTY would be too ~controversial~ but I LOVE "Bind Your Love", it's my favourite track on the album and would've made for an excellent lead single. They should've used that and "Sirens" instead of "I Wish".
  • my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think MFPOTY would be too ~controversial~ but I LOVE "Bind Your Love", it's my favourite track on the album and would've made for an excellent lead single. They should've used that and "Sirens" instead of "I Wish".

Doubt it'd make a diff. There comes a time when whatever you release won't be a hit, and Cher has reached that time. She doesn't have the following big enough to impact initially and there's no reason why they'd give her talk-show slots or radio backing when there's thousands of other artists. Sirens is a far better song than Want u Back but it's not going to happen cos the time has gone.
    This will prob be her last album, unless she finds some other independent way of releasing stuff, so she needs to be proud of it when it's all over...and she should be.
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the problem is the US market is over saturated with female artists at the moment. Obviously you have the top tier with Beyoncé, Gaga, Katy and Riri. Then you have the girls below them like Demi , Kesha and Selena, as well as the upcoming artists like Ariana Grande. Basically, Cher has a lot of competition for airplay and promo slots. And I don't think Epic have been fully committed to this campaign in the same way Republic are with Ariana.
  • wkdstepmotherwkdstepmother Posts: 6,563
    Forum Member
    Doubt it'd make a diff. There comes a time when whatever you release won't be a hit, and Cher has reached that time. She doesn't have the following big enough to impact initially and there's no reason why they'd give her talk-show slots or radio backing when there's thousands of other artists. Sirens is a far better song than Want u Back but it's not going to happen cos the time has gone.
    This will prob be her last album, unless she finds some other independent way of releasing stuff, so she needs to be proud of it when it's all over...and she should be.

does she have any writing credits on this album? I'm surprised that you say this will be her last album but you follow her much more closely than me. I've always liked Cher but I don't think either album does her uniqueness justice (though I'm not saying they are bad albums) so I'd be really interested to see what she came up with left to her own devices but obviously she needs to write to do that and I don't know if she does
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    does she have any writing credits on this album? I'm surprised that you say this will be her last album but you follow her much more closely than me. I've always liked Cher but I don't think either album does her uniqueness justice (though I'm not saying they are bad albums) so I'd be really interested to see what she came up with left to her own devices but obviously she needs to write to do that and I don't know if she does
    Yes Cher writes/co-writes all of her music as far as I know...
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I got the album today :D and whoever said she was still signed to Syco was right, my album was imported and still has their logo on the back.

She wrote/co-wrote half of the tracks btw
  • wkdstepmotherwkdstepmother Posts: 6,563
    Forum Member
    Yes Cher writes/co-writes all of her music as far as I know...

well that's good - whether she stays with Sony or releases independently she will be able to make more albums.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

well, last album with the current set up maybe i should say. There are increasingly other ways and means these days as labels become less important, so there could be further incarnations of Cher after a fairly lengthy gap if she does part company.

I don't know what she contributes to the songwriting, in theory she co-writes but as we know that can mean anything from a Lennon/McCartney scenario to one of 1D shouting "we should say 'And' there instead of 'But' " and being credited as lyricists:)
    She probably contributes lyrics and thoughts, probably not music.
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    They've really just given up on trying to make Cher happen in the UK, haven't they? It's like she's a US-only artist now

And that's pretty much a myth too
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    I got the album today :D and whoever said she was still signed to Syco was right, my album was imported and still has their logo on the back.

She wrote/co-wrote half of the tracks btw

Would that be a "Robbie" credit by the way? A negotiated ploy whereby a songwriter accepts cash in lieu of the credit?:blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she may have genuinely co-written a few of the tracks on the album. I'm only suspicious (as with any artist) where Cher's name appears with 4 or so other people. It happens a lot in the pop world. My favourite example (although I love her) is Beyoncé who is credited with co-writing Irreplaceable when Ne-Yo has made it very clear he originally wrote the song for Faith Hill or Shania Twain.
  • kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    drakhen wrote: »
    I think she may have genuinely co-written a few of the tracks on the album. I'm only suspicious (as with any artist) where Cher's name appears with 4 or so other people. It happens a lot in the pop world. My favourite example (although I love her) is Beyoncé who is credited with co-writing Irreplaceable when Ne-Yo has made it very clear he originally wrote the song for Faith Hill or Shania Twain.

G Barlow is not my favourite person but he nailed it a few years ago when he really laid into writers who give up their credits just for cash to make a "star" look good
  • CalpowellCalpowell Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Due to high demand on twitter Cher has been added last minute to Chatty man this Friday for an interview :O
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Calpowell wrote: »
    Due to high demand on twitter Cher has been added last minute to Chatty man this Friday for an interview :O

Omg, yesssssss.
  • BluestoneBluestone Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Calpowell wrote: »

Shame it is not for a performance as well. The UK has been neglected.
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Yasssss this best be true!! Body is ready for her uk return!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    Yasssss this best be true!! Body is ready for her uk return!!

i can see no word of it from any source which would amount to confirmation...including her own twitter.

We know the rules by now...believe it when you see it;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i can see no word of it from any source which would amount to confirmation...including her own twitter.

We know the rules by now...believe it when you see it;-)
    It is true, if you check the tv guide it says that she's a guest. :)
    Forum Member
    Is cher actually on Alan Carr ? Its mentioned on the sun TV section but nowhere on the net or on the sky guide....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    Is cher actually on Alan Carr ? Its mentioned on the sun TV section but nowhere on the net or on the sky guide....
    Yeah she is, on Friday 13th June. It's on the tv listings for me...
    Forum Member
    Yeah she is, on Friday 13th June. It's on the tv listings for me...

Its the 13th next week
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although it will be nice to see Cher on UK TV again, shouldn't she be staying in the US to do more promo for the album? It's predicted to have a big drop next week. She can save promo like Chatty Man for closer to the album's UK release date.