Not long until we can bid farewell to Cher Lloyd ?

Comments

• calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone who thinks you're a troll is an idiot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Considering the lack of promotion the album (and single has had), and the fact that none of the major supermarkets have stocked the album in the UK, she's done okay. There have been no major shows to promote on, so it's been mainly focused on radio play, and as the song has been around (in America) since March, it's not seen as new to them, so they don't get behind it as much. Music channel have been slightly kinder to it, but that's all there has been. We really can't judge the sales in the UK, when it's been out in the US for over two months, and with the amount of illegal downloads, it was left far too long in being released over here.

Although it's sold far less, this album has been far more acclaimed than her previous. Just like her personality, her music is developing and progressing. As people have said, you can't base someone for their entire life on how they were as a 16 year old.

Although she has seemed to peak in terms of her popularity, she is putting out good music. It's a little ridiculous to see such a massive thread for someone who is, at the end of the day, more successful than the people arguing about her in this thread.
  • Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrPond wrote: »
    Although she has seemed to peak in terms of her popularity, she is putting out good music. It's a little ridiculous to see such a massive thread for someone who is, at the end of the day, more successful than the people arguing about her in this thread.

You seem to be assuming a hell of a lot about the people that have posted here. Has she been more successful in the music charts than me? Of course, I have never released a single or album, and had no desire to do so.

However in my chosen field I have had a very successful career, and would go as far as to say that judging by the last couple of weeks, I'm far more successful in my career than she is in hers.
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uh, huh. I'm still interested to know whether or not you would want to be judged for you whole life based on what you were like when you were 16?

Basically, why does she bother you quite so much? Just don't buy her records. I don't understand the part of the internet that seems to just bitch and snipe about everything they don't like.
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You seem to be assuming a hell of a lot about the people that have posted here. Has she been more successful in the music charts than me? Of course, I have never released a single or album, and had no desire to do so.

However in my chosen field I have had a very successful career, and would go as far as to say that judging by the last couple of weeks, I'm far more successful in my career than she is in hers.

And what is your career? I don't think you can make a claim like that without some justification of it
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all very well and good to say the new album is more critically acclaimed than her debut and Cher is developing as an artist, but for a pop act who's signed to a major record label that means squat. Good reviews mean nothing if it doesn't translate into sales.
  • DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    drakhen wrote: »
    It's all very well and good to say the new album is more critically acclaimed than her debut and Cher is developing as an artist, but for a pop act who's signed to a major record label that means squat. Good reviews mean nothing if it doesn't translate into sales.

Both the single and the album have flopped in this case. Radio play would have helped to an extent. Can't see the label being able to recoup.
  • CalpowellCalpowell Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Lol, how's your blood pressure?!

If you're a fan of her music you should give a damn about her sales, because it's very unlikely due to the disastrous week that she's had that she'll have the opportunity to work with good songwriters or producers, or possibly even make another record.

I'm very happy, far from lonely, and am hugely successful in my chosen career, and content knowing that I have had a positive impact on many people's lives who are less fortunate than most of us.

Just because someone doesn't like the same disposable pop music, produced by an unpleasant and unlikeable brat, don't assume that you know anything about them.

Actually today she was back in the studio recording music, with savan kotecha and max Martin (who produced her first two albums) :)
  • my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    caring about sales is very 2010 :)
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    surrey13 wrote: »

Lol:D

Worrying thing is there looking for a new cher lloyd>:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    surrey13 wrote: »

pfft, pure guess work. Would make more sense if she hadn't been with a different label to Syco for the past 3 years;-)

labels schmabels anyway, it's them who are on the way out in the long run
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pfft, pure guess work. Would make more sense if she hadn't been with a different label to Syco for the past 3 years;-)

labels schmabels anyway, it's them who are on the way out in the long run

She's still with Syco. She has a joint deal with them and Epic... for the time being.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    caring about sales is very 2010 :)

Tell her record label that! :D
  • LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think her new album has seen any progression from her second. She says she is grown up. Maybe as a person but i don't see it in her music

Promo has let her down as well. Maybe she will rebound if they get her a slot on the new series of XF.
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her big comeback single is at number 29 in the midweek chart!

Good riddance, to a young lady with a bad attitude and an average voice.

So, an artist flops and that means the end of their career? Do you always give up when something didn't work out? She'll just continue recording.

It's quite hypocrite you're saying she has a bad attiude yet you're here creating a thread about it wishing her to be gone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    drakhen wrote: »
    She's still with Syco. She has a joint deal with them and Epic... for the time being.

there you go then, she can afford to lose one;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And out of the top 100 in a week...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And out of the top 100 in a week...

Still not going to tell us your job and why you're so better at it than Cher Lloyd is at hers?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »

Still not going to tell us your job and why you're so better at it than Cher Lloyd is at hers?

No, for two reasons 1) it's got f all to fl with you, and 2) I'd only be accused of lying.

This thread is about the formerly successful singer Cher Lloyd. If you want to create a thread about me, go ahead.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never even said hello to her
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, for two reasons 1) it's got f all to fl with you, and 2) I'd only be accused of lying.

Don't talk about your job and make such a claim if it has f all to do with me.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member

This thread is about the formerly successful singer Cher Lloyd. If you want to create a thread about me, go ahead.

its you who have harped on about your job in the thread though.

and yes, i would accuse you of lieing, you must be unemployed to be this bitter, and have so much time on your hands to revel in the 'apparent' downfall of somebody you do not even care for.
    i actually find it really weird abnormal behaviour
  • RocketpopRocketpop Posts: 1,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    its you who have harped on about your job in the thread though.

and yes, i would accuse you of lieing, you must be unemployed to be this bitter, and have so much time on your hands to revel in the 'apparent' downfall of somebody you do not even care for.
    i actually find it really weird abnormal behaviour

You are aware when you accuse people of 'having to much time on there hands' and being 'bitter' we can actually see your own posting history!

It just seems so odd so many people have accused the original poster of things they've been doing (in most cases far more often) themselves....
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Rocketpop wrote: »
    You are aware when you accuse people of 'having to much time on there hands' and being 'bitter' we can actually see your own posting history!

It just seems so odd so many people have accused the original poster of things they've been doing (in most cases far more often) themselves....

what on earth are you talking about??!! i have looked at my posting history and i see no evidence of me starting any threads about artists i do not like and saying how happy i am never to see them again then continuing the agenda for weeks on end. :confused::confused::confused::confused: