EE 4G Coverage improving really quickly!

Comments

• DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Only time will tell! :D

Indeed. But there aren't any planning applications for new cabs/antennas for O2 or VOD, which they would need. Well, very few anyway.
    Have you seen EE's planning applications? It's bonkers!
    Three's are pretty mad too!
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DevonBloke wrote: »
    Indeed. But there aren't any planning applications for new cabs/antennas for O2 or VOD, which they would need. Well, very few anyway.
    Have you seen EE's planning applications? It's bonkers!
    Three's are pretty mad too!

You only need it for additional footprint. Most are straight swaps.
    Forum Member
    Excellent! Says they're ahead of original plans so maybe 75-80% by the end of the year? Although once you get to 70% it gets harder to increase the percentage.
  • KesterKKesterK Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coolmp3 wrote: »
    I find it odd that they say 28 towns and cities now have 4G, and list them, however there are several towns near me with 4G that they don't mention! Surely for marketing they would rather say more towns and cities than just 28.

A large area of West and South Yorkshire is now covered, but they don't mention the likes of Barnsley and Dewsbury that now have 4G, so that would bring the total to 30 with just those 2 included.
  • coolmp3coolmp3 Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    KesterK wrote: »
    I find it odd that they say 28 towns and cities now have 4G, and list them, however there are several towns near me with 4G that they don't mention! Surely for marketing they would rather say more towns and cities than just 28.

A large area of West and South Yorkshire is now covered, but they don't mention the likes of Barnsley and Dewsbury that now have 4G, so that would bring the total to 30 with just those 2 included.

I believe it because the the coverage depth is not enough to class it as covered.
  • davybhoydavybhoy Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Disappointed that there is no further announcements for over here. More than 65 towns and Cities to be covered and we get only our capital City which hasn't got great coverage as it is!!
  • mogzyboymogzyboy Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member
    Nothing for Wales either. Shame. Still, it'll be on its way at some point. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe it because the the coverage depth is not enough to class it as covered.

Correct, Ofcom defined the coverage requirements for 4G in a lot of technical detail.

So many dBm at such and such height blah blah..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    Correct, Ofcom defined the coverage requirements for 4G in a lot of technical detail.

So many dBm at such and such height blah blah..

Well the coverage elsewhere seems to be better than Belfast and they say that is now a 4G city!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the coverage elsewhere seems to be better than Belfast and they say that is now a 4G city!

Is that scientific though or just your experience of 1 or 2 places and buildings?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that scientific though or just your experience of 1 or 2 places and buildings?

If you look at the EE coverage map only the very centre of Belfast is covered, that's what I am referring to.
    Forum Member
    If you look at the EE coverage map only the very centre of Belfast is covered, that's what I am referring to.

But that coverage will cover enough of the population with a strong enough signal to satisfy Ofcom's rules.
  • reclusive46reclusive46 Posts: 584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like Norwich is being ignored again.
  • HughsterHughster Posts: 10
    Forum Member

Yes. Depressing. Mind you, as much as I'd love 4G on my phone, I think EE is way over-priced... :(
  • iangradiangrad Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hughster wrote: »
    Yes. Depressing. Mind you, as much as I'd love 4G on my phone, I think EE is way over-priced... :(

When you were paying £16 pcm for very variable ( from unusable some evenings to quite good at 3 -4am ) 3g broadband -- paying £26 pcm for 8 gb of fantastic speed is fantastic value !
  • lambylamby Posts: 3,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live in Oxford, coverage isnt too far away from us yet our local paper is reporting 4G wont be here until June.
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    I already knew this would be the case but it is a bit disappointing that out of the new towns listed for April to June roll out none are for Scotland..

Seems that LTE rash is spreading heavily from London :)

Aldershot, Ashford, Basildon, Basingstoke, Blackpool, Bracknell, Camberley, Colchester, Crawley, Farnborough, Guildford, Horsham, Huddersfield, Leatherhead, Maidstone, Milton Keynes, Oldham, Oxford, Redhill, Reigate, Sevenoaks, Stevenage, Tonbridge, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Warrington, Wigan and Woking
  • davybhoydavybhoy Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I already knew this would be the case but it is a bit disappointing that out of the new towns listed for April to June roll out none are for Scotland..

Aldershot, Ashford, Basildon, Basingstoke, Blackpool, Bracknell, Camberley, Colchester, Crawley, Farnborough, Guildford, Horsham, Huddersfield, Leatherhead, Maidstone, Milton Keynes, Oldham, Oxford, Redhill, Reigate, Sevenoaks, Stevenage, Tonbridge, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Warrington, Wigan and Woking

I think it's a little unfair mate. By comparison, Scotland, Wales and NI have next to no 4G when you look at England. Everytime they release more towns an cities it is always English ones. Don't think it would go a miss to expand a bit in the other 3 countries...
  • reclusive46reclusive46 Posts: 584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davybhoy wrote: »
    I think it's a little unfair mate. By comparison, Scotland, Wales and NI have next to no 4G when you look at England. Everytime they release more towns an cities it is always English ones. Don't think it would go a miss to expand a bit in the other 3 countries...

Maybe so...But I'd prefer Norfolk :P
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Colchester? it is really moving far outside london, does that mean just colchester will get 4G or all towns from london to colchester will too?
  • lost boylost boy Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Indeed - Cambridge and Peterborough aren't mentioned either.
    davybhoy wrote: »

Don't take it personally - unless you live in Essex, East Anglia has been ignored too. Even the usual suspects of Cambridge and Peterborough (who are usually the first parts of EA to get anything like this) aren't mentioned, let alone Norwich, so you're not alone in feeling the "oh, great" of it all.
  • wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what happened to that rumour about wales being 4G'd in the first Q of this year? come on, Wrexham is practically the 2nd capital of wales and the biggest town in north and mid and still no 4G, pull your finger out EE :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of South Wales has 4G.
  • wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of South Wales has 4G.

yeah seen its in merthyr now, just waiting for it up here, its around parts of the n wales coast atm - well the A55, maybe they are getting it on the main routes