Starting to like James

Comments

• pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope . He is still the same pompous git ,BUT he is pulling in his horns because his backstabbing and bitching of lauren has been outed Also he now sees that not everyone in there likes him (kellie leading the pack) and he is changing tactics . His face in the dr said it all *there are some horrible horrible people in this house*. Yes james, and you are one of them .
    Remember, in the first days he said he would laugh and not care if he got boos ? He got booed and was nearly in tears for days dissecting why and taking his temper out on gary .Whining at gary about how he was traumatised by the boos and gary showed no sympathy , I laughed .He cares.He cares so much .
    So, time to smarm up to the guy who keeps getting cheers and gets most votes . I'm not buying it . He is the same nasty guy wearing a mask .
  • mz fitmz fit Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've liked him from the start...didn't have a clue who he was before CBB.

I haven't seen him say or do anything behind anyone's back he wouldn't have said or done in front of their faces. He doesn't skirt issues when he's confronted with something he's said or done. I know there's a lot of talk about he and Gary, but if you set that aside (because that relationship is polarizing on the forum) I have not seen him have any big issues with other HMs and when he does he doesn't seem to really hold a grudge...although this thing with Kellie is obviously not settled.

I really like James...I also really like Edele too.
  • soapmaniasoapmania Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    He is scum and has been from day 1.
    The bigger the a*sehole the better the hm... apparently.

Helen has really set the tone so it seems!
  • Janet_HadfieldJanet_Hadfield Posts: 1,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have liked him since he was a child when we often met him on the dance circuit. He was a proper little boy until he got on the dance floor then he was very driven to do his best. He was always playing with my son who has Downes Syndrome. He was a genuinely nice kid.
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    I have liked him since he was a child when we often met him on the dance circuit. He was a proper little boy until he got on the dance floor then he was very driven to do his best. He was always playing with my son who has Downes Syndrome. He was a genuinely nice kid.

That's lovely to hear.

I think his heart is in the right place.
  • schmoozerschmoozer Posts: 2,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Username1 wrote: »
    What's wrong with me?

I am warming to him because he seems to be quite nice and funny and is getting better with Gary...

My feelings exactly. I think I must be a sucker for a good edit
    I never used to like him much on 'strictly' until the year he partnered Pamela Stephenson and i've loved him ever since. The two of them were brilliant together. James is an acquired taste I think. I now find him funny, very talented and yes, a really nice guy. The hate for him on some of these threads is quite shocking and I'm so glad if the tide's turning :)

Yes possibly but he could do with adapting his behaviour a bit because you don't always get a second chance with people.

I still find his attitude towards Audley odd - despite all James' protestations I think he feels threatened by Audley. James still lets himself down in areas like this. But he seems to have found a kinder way to deal with Gary which makes it easier to believe in the 'good heart' he is always telling us he has.
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love him, always have done. Favourite housemate by a mile.
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soapmania wrote: »
    The bigger the a*sehole the better the hm... apparently.

Helen has really set the tone so it seems!
    He is nothing like Helen...none of them are.
  • boyzieboyzie Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes wanted him gone at first but I like him him now,he's entertaining,yes and does like Garry....
  • criticallindycriticallindy Posts: 67
    Forum Member

Thanks for that post Janet! I love him even more now. I'd love him to win.x
  • Landon3333Landon3333 Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    There's a sucker born every minute.

He is nothing like Helen...none of them are.

You're right. Even mental Helen could step back, admit her distinct character flaws and aspire to change (whether she possessed the determination to do so is another story).

James's ego wouldn't allow for that sort of honest self-appraisal/criticism.

He should thank Audley for drumming it into his head for the past week how he's coming across and why since his inflated sense of self-importance renders him incapable.
  • SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Landon3333 wrote: »
    There's a sucker born every minute.

You're right. Even mental Helen could step back, admit her distinct character flaws and aspire to change (whether she possessed the determination to do so is another story).

James's ego wouldn't allow for that sort of honest self-appraisal/criticism.

He should thank Audley for drumming it into his head for the past week how he's coming across and why since his inflated sense of self-importance renders him incapable.

total BS
    She never saw the light & went on this wonderful journey.With the help of Steven's coaching Helen just adapted enough to win the show.
    Check out her twitter, she has not change, she is still a foul mouth, disgusting lowlife.
  • treetreetreetree Posts: 1,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blodeuwedd wrote: »
    I've liked him from the beginning, great housemate:)

same here i too have liked james from the outset :D
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he's a complete and utter knob, if you like him there must be something wrong with you :p

I don't want to him to leave though, no-one makes a complete arse of themselves so reguarly for the nations entertainment :D
  • Username1Username1 Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    I recommend bed rest and plenty of fluids. This delirium should pass soon.

Does gin and tonic count as a fluid?
  • this_THATthis_THAT Posts: 2,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    james had a really good episode last night really funny
  • Landon3333Landon3333 Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    Skyrah wrote: »
    total BS
    She never saw the light & went on this wonderful journey.With the help of Steven's coaching Helen just adapted enough to win the show.
    Check out her twitter, she has not change, she is still a foul mouth, disgusting lowlife.

I guess you failed to read the part where I clearly wrote whether or not Helen had the determination/motivation to change is another matter entirely?

The point is she admitted many times over the course of the show that she had deep flaws that needed to be addressed. Unfortunately she won which won't have done her any favours in that department.

Admitting your defects takes guts. James is light years away from facing his.

Your "love" for such a complete tw*t is the only thing that's BS. I doubt Ola is half as fond of him as the majority of his groupies seem to be.
  • Fruit_FlyFruit_Fly Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    I think his heart is in the right place.
    In a box under the bed, marked 'not required in this lifetime' ??
  • white tigresswhite tigress Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me, too--and I loathed him on 'Strictly' and wouldn't want to work or live with him....HOWEVER, he is the Best Housemate in there--he gives 100%, is funny, screamworthy, lacks JUST enough self-awareness to be A Joke, but is also really Honest in expressing his opinions, nicely manipulative & wily, fake enough to be amusing , but also--Chris-like--states exactly what we viewers are thinking [Gary's playing us/Lauren fauxmance/Kellie's a nasty person whatever her gender, etc]. As a HM, James is GOLD!!
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me, too--and I loathed him on 'Strictly' and wouldn't want to work or live with him....HOWEVER, he is the Best Housemate in there--he gives 100%, is funny, screamworthy, lacks JUST enough self-awareness to be A Joke, but is also really Honest in expressing his opinions, nicely manipulative & wily, fake enough to be amusing , but also--Chris-like--states exactly what we viewers are thinking [Gary's playing us/Lauren fauxmance/Kellie's a nasty person whatever her gender, etc]. As a HM, James is GOLD!!

You have summed him up thoroughly and perfectly. :D That's the James I see and love as a HM. :cool:
  • white tigresswhite tigress Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

WOW--I was nearly in tears from this info! That is TRULY a Good Guy at Heart. Expect the killer dancefloor circuit may have corrupted him somewhat, but I feel he's been really great with Gary [who has significant mental issues since all his traumas] and way more patient and Helpful than I'd ever have been.
  • andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member

You've done a good job of profiling James there...perfect summation of a near perfect HM.

James gives it warts & all and cannot, I repeat cannot be accused of being a boring/flying under the radar HM.

Heck he's practically the life of the house, like him or not.

James got to be at least one of the finalists.

ETA - James is the only HM who gives it straight to Gary on all levels either on hygiene or behaviour & Gary himself admitted he thanked James for being just that & makes him learn & change his ways in the process all because James helped him throughout.....no other HMs has the patience or tolerance with Gary esp in the beginning.

Credit where credit is due.
  • FirewalkerFirewalker Posts: 2,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like James, he might not get it right all the time, but his hearts in the right place, and he and Gary together are fab
  • linfranlinfran Posts: 5,607
    Forum Member
    I never used to like him much on 'strictly' until the year he partnered Pamela Stephenson and i've loved him ever since. The two of them were brilliant together. James is an acquired taste I think. I now find him funny, very talented and yes, a really nice guy. The hate for him on some of these threads is quite shocking and I'm so glad if the tide's turning :)

I'm not a Scrictly follower though I do remember seeing Pamela Stephenson so I guess I must have seen James, too.

I've loved him from the start on CBB - I fail to see what all the hate is about to be honest.
  • MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fruit_Fly wrote: »
    In a box under the bed, marked 'not required in this lifetime' ??

:o He has a bed? I thought he hung upside down from the rafters.