Gems Tv .. Peter Simon

2»

Comments

• Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tony-w wrote: »
    Agreed, this documentary was a fascinating insight to the shopping habits of the mentally ill, feeble minded and old age pensioners who 'believe' the nice man on telly selling them tat at extortionate prices :p

Is that based on opinion or did you actually watch it ?

Gems don't sell stuff at extortionate prices. They are the BHS if you like of the jewellery shopping world. They sell 10's of thousands of items a day at little profit as opposed to the other channels who may sell one or two items at a very high price and mark up. Small margins but more sales Is their premise.
  • RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it utter crap ? Because you don't like it ?

I think its a very interesting documentary and it shows how modern Britain is buying.

Easily pleased :confused:
  • RedunitedRedunited Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rocks and co totally incompetent, 1 piece of jewellery they sell and it's the sample. Gemstv have far more quantity than rocks and co. And gems don't sell the sample either.
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Redunited wrote: »
    Rocks and co totally incompetent, 1 piece of jewellery they sell and it's the sample. Gemstv have far more quantity than rocks and co. And gems don't sell the sample either.

why does that `make them incompetent? if they arent going to be making that same design in that gemstone you sell the sample :confused:
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Randysback wrote: »
    Easily pleased :confused:

No i just am sensible enough to put an opinion across rather a comment

For the second time i will ask you why you think the documentary was "utter crap" ? Are you going to tell us ?
  • Ashford SteveAshford Steve Posts: 2,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tony-w wrote: »
    Agreed, this documentary was a fascinating insight to the shopping habits of the mentally ill, feeble minded and old age pensioners who 'believe' the nice man on telly selling them tat at extortionate prices :p

And this 'documentary' about "the nice man on the telly selling them tat" followed on immediately from ITV 's documentary about one of the younger members of the royal family.

Oh the irony, the irony! :blush:
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that based on opinion or did you actually watch it ?

Gems don't sell stuff at extortionate prices. They are the BHS if you like of the jewellery shopping world. They sell 10's of thousands of items a day at little profit as opposed to the other channels who may sell one or two items at a very high price and mark up. Small margins but more sales Is their premise.

Harry Cohen who founded Tescos used to say, pile it high, sell it cheap.
  • g-bhxug-bhxu Posts: 2,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chinchin wrote: »
    I have been told he is on Ideal World at 8 PM tomorrow (Wednesday). Don't know if this is correct or not.

Yes he was. Getting all orgasmic over a carpet cleaner when it cleaned up some freshly brushed on yellow paint off a carpet tile
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Redunited wrote: »
    I thought Rocks and co was one of those adult channels - you know "getting your rocks off" - and deleted it from my channel list along with all the other adult channels!

Not that I look at shopping channels anyway because I'm sure you can get the stuff cheaper elsewhere.
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Documentary" ? more like a huge free plug for Gems TV, how many times did he mention the "Small" mark up?.
    PS how do you know what size the rings are?
  • Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    semiminted wrote: »
    Following the demise of Bid tv and Price drop tv, The One and Only Peter Simon now appears on Gems TV
    He is on now at 11pm Tuesday evening

I'm grateful to you for introducing me to this, er, extraordinary character. Since I read this thread I've been hypnotised by the clips of him on youtube. Truly a bizarre personality!