The Ratings Thread (Part 62)

Comments

• RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's particularly annoying is SOAH being wasted in a Boxing Day tea time slot when it could have done good business last night and been an event. I'm sure millions watched Skyfall in default given none of BBC1'S offerings appealed.
  • ronantronant Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's particularly annoying is SOAH being wasted in a Boxing Day tea time slot when it could have done good business last night and been an event. I'm sure millions watched Skyfall in default given none of BBC1'S offerings appealed.

In your fantasy schedule didn't you have Professor Branestawm on Christmas Day?! :) Last night though was crying out for something like Call the Midwife or Still Open All Hours. Just bad scheduling last night.

I don't think Puss in Boots will have done very well. The Muppets would have been better IMO. Still I expect some decent ratings for the early evening movie premieres on BBC1 next Monday/Tuesday, taking viewers away from the ITV soaps. I'm sure Emmerdale will be under 5m some time in the next week, perhaps tonight.
  • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F1Ken wrote: »
    I'm happy ITV did well, they deserve something for having the rights for bond. Great rating for them.

BBC One, need a shock like this to wake them up I feel. Sadly its on christmas eve so I doubt the took much notice, bad night for them anyway.

Actually its very funny !!!

What honestly do the think they are plating at. Nill points for me on DSRPG :blush:
    Plating up their Xmas turkeys by the looks of it :D
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy ITV did well, they deserve something for having the rights for bond. Great rating for them.

BBC One, need a shock like this to wake them up I feel. Sadly its on christmas eve so I doubt the took much notice, bad night for them anyway.

Actually its very funny !!!

What honestly do the think they are plating at. Nill points for me on DSRPG :blush:

Hopefully the shock should be for BBC1 to stop putting low rated comedies in primetime spots on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day. They don't deserve those spots.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ronant wrote: »
    In your fantasy schedule didn't you have Professor Branestawm on Christmas Day?! :) Last night though was crying out for something like Call the Midwife or Still Open All Hours. Just bad scheduling last night.

I don't think Puss in Boots will have done very well. The Muppets would have been better IMO. Still I expect some decent ratings for the early evening movie premieres on BBC1 next Monday/Tuesday, taking viewers away from the ITV soaps. I'm sure Emmerdale will be under 5m some time in the next week, perhaps tonight.
    Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was trending more than Puss In Boots it seemed. What if Puss In Boots doesn't rate well? Might mean a rethink for next Christmas.
  • A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seven minutes of trails on BBC1 from 16.53 inc The Voice and McIntyre ok SCD started two mins early.
  • RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC1 now showing at least 6 trailers back to back to fill one big scheduling gap. And SCD starting 2 mins early.
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was trending more than Puss In Boots it seemed. What if Puss In Boots doesn't rate well? Might mean a rethink for next Christmas.
    i watching Chitty. Should have been Muppets Christmas Day
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member

This should have never been put on after The Queen. The Muppets was the perfect film for this slot. The BBC have made so many mistakes this year.
  • yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    A.D.P wrote: »
    Seven minutes of trails on BBC1 from 16.53 inc The Voice and McIntyre ok SCD started two mins early.

Did you use a stopwatch !! ;-)
    Forum Member
    Plating up their Xmas turkeys by the looks of it :D

Good one !!! :D
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Of course Shrek has always rated well and Next year I suspect Frozen could be the main film and that will rate well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A.D.P wrote: »
    BBC1 now showing at least 6 trailers back to back to fill one big scheduling gap. And SCD starting 2 mins early.

I hate it when they do that. Too many trailers takes the piss. One thing O did notice with Puss In Boots is they went straight to the short afterwards with no gap. One smart thing they've done today.

Also EastEnders is trending already! Dan2008 will be happy. :D If it gets a boost it'll boost Mrs Brown's Boys afterwards.
    Forum Member

Would rather have seen it today to be honest. I know I am critical of BBC scheduling but you are taking it to another level !! :D
  • F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully the shock should be for BBC1 to stop putting low rated comedies in primetime spots on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day. They don't deserve those spots.

Not if they haven't got anything else. Thats how thin on the ground its become.

They have even run out of comedy that they can bring back where the cast hasn't all retired or sadly passed on. Thats what 15 years of a bad comedy department gets you.

And 30 years of a bad Entertainment department gives you errrm.......... bugger all as well.

BBC One need strong shows as they cannot afford or justify loads of big films.

Soaps looking like they have entered the next era of their viewership philosophy with respect to cultural and mathematical changes to the intrinsic structure of society and technology.

Thats Ronspeak for "the soap Overnights are buggered"
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    basdfg wrote: »
    Of course Shrek has always rated well and Next year I suspect Frozen could be the main film and that will rate well.

Sky's window started today and it ends on March 26, 2016.
  • F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Puss in boots won't rate well. Its another disaster waiting to happen.

Its all got to formulaic.
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    basdfg wrote: »
    Frozen will rate though the roof, when it makes it to TV.
  • ronantronant Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

5 trailers before the news and 6 after. The news which was scheduled in a 20 minute slot actually only lasted 11 minutes. But having such a long bulletin was always ludicrous. Everything would of fitted perfectly if The Muppets was on at 3.10!
  • XIVXIV Posts: 21,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine next year 3.10 film will be Brave with Wreck it Ralph on NYD 2016, The BBC will save Frozen for either Christmas 2016 or Christmas 2017 since there won't be a Pixar film to premiere in 2017 although they could slot a Dreamworks film that year or even Maleficent if they don't air that in 2016.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Puss in boots won't rate well. Its another disaster waiting to happen.

Its all got to formulaic.
    ronant wrote: »
    5 trailers before the news and 6 after. The news which was scheduled in a 20 minute slot actually only lasted 11 minutes. But having such a long bulletin was always ludicrous. Everything would of fitted perfectly if The Muppets was on at 3.10!

The irony is that at least BBC1 are trying. ITV just have mostly soaps taking up space over Christmas. I do think some scheduling and under promotion of some programmes on BBC TV this Christmas have been mystifying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not if they haven't got anything else. Thats how thin on the ground its become.

They have even run out of comedy that they can bring back where the cast hasn't all retired or sadly passed on. Thats what 15 years of a bad comedy department gets you.

And 30 years of a bad Entertainment department gives you errrm.......... bugger all as well.

BBC One need strong shows as they cannot afford or justify loads of big films.

Soaps looking like they have entered the next era of their viewership philosophy with respect to cultural and mathematical changes to the intrinsic structure of society and technology.

Thats Ronspeak for "the soap Overnights are buggered"

They commission too much niche sitcom. Many in the BBC turn their noses up at Mrs Brown's Boys but it delivers massive ratings and shows up the comedy department. The entertainment department is an absolute disaster, the worst performing department at The BBC.

Even if you are thin on the ground don't give the biggest slots over Christmas to shows people avoid during the rest of the year anyway.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's been mentioned but ITV have begun airing promos for Thunderbirds today. The ads mention Spring and the CITV logo is at the bottom. Is that a sign that it will be a CITV exclusive (I know the general thought on here is that episodes will premiere on ITV and be repeated on CITV)?
  • XIVXIV Posts: 21,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's been mentioned but ITV have begun airing promos for Thunderbirds today. The ads mention Spring and the CITV logo is at the bottom. Is that a sign that it will be a CITV exclusive (I know the general thought on here is that episodes will premiere on ITV and be repeated on CITV)?

I think it's a joint commission by ITV and CITV, my guess would be ITV and CITV simulcast the first episodes and perhaps CITV gets first look,
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,271
    Forum Member
    EastEnders is already trending on twitter.

#ReleaseTheMagic
    Promoted by King

#SCDChristmas
    Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
    #QueensSpeech
    #joinin
    Rachel Stevens
    #StrictlyComeDancing
    #MakeAMovieOffensive
    Jurassic Park
    Eastenders
This discussion has been closed.