taken 3

big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
Forum Member
✭✭

Comments

• MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually really like the trailer for this one. Seems to be more action than there ever was in Taken 2. I'm glad this is the final film in the series. Hope Liam Neeson goes all out and causes hardcore mayhem. Just please do not let it be a 12 certificate!!!

January is usually the dumping ground for shitty movies. I don't believe Taken and Taken 2 were ever released in Jan were they?
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    Looks a marked improvement on 2. Notice he's back on home soil after two Euro jaunts.
    MrSuper wrote: »
    January is usually the dumping ground for shitty movies. I don't believe Taken and Taken 2 were ever released in Jan were they?
    After the success of the first, Taken 2 had a broadly global October 2012 release.

However, though Taken was released in the US in late January '09, it had already played in many countries several months earlier - including the UK, where it opened in late Sept '08. It's big US performance ($145m on a $25m budget) was something of a surprise. That, strong DVD sales, and word of mouth, is what set the ball rolling.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I remember him saying that he only agreed to 3 on the understanding that nobody would be taken :D

He also said he thought Taken would be a straight to DVD movie and did the film to get a free trip to Paris. So the fact that it's done ok and got two sequels is a bonus.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I remember him saying that he only agreed to 3 on the understanding that nobody would be taken :D

I remember that as well! :D Although having said that his wife has now been 'taken' from him.

He's not out to find anyone and bring them back. Which is why i guess we've now got a revenge movie.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's going to kick ass again.
  • SanguiniusSanguinius Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a fan of the first film but thought the second film was a bit meh. The trailer actually looks pretty good and like others have said it could be a lot better than Taken 2 on the evidence of that trailer.
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like a great action movie.

They use to make great ones like this in the 90's like Speed and Die Hard.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »

He also said he thought Taken would be a straight to DVD movie and did the film to get a free trip to Paris. So the fact that it's done ok and got two sequels is a bonus.

Yep Unknown was a great movie and he did Non Stop. Hopefully more of these franchise after Taken 3 rounds of all the three films.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Once you've watched one Neeson film you've seen them all.
  • Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    Yep...Schindler's List, The Grey, Taken...can't tell the difference, anyone who says they can is a dirty liar!
  • charger21charger21 Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Im gonna enjoy that.

Love the trailer music too. Goodbye by Apparat. Used to great effect in Breaking Bad
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    Hmm, these days maybe. But they said the same thing about John Wayne, Charles Bronson etc back in the day. Old fashioned give 'em what they want star vehicles, a done deal for their audience. Nowt wrong with them really.

And you get the impression Leeson was rather, er, taken with the surprise attention Taken brought him. You hear a lot about roles drying up for maturing actors, so he's probably quite grateful. He must be worth a few bob too.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Pretty sure that the Lego Movie and the Narnia films are a bit different to Taken.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure that the Lego Movie and the Narnia films are a bit different to Taken.

I'm sure he's going in Ted 2 aswell.

The guys a great actor. Not many good action people at the moment in movies so I dau enjoy them.

Films like Taken, Unknown, Non Stop will be classics like Die Hard in years to come.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems a bit like an modern take on The Fugitive, but that said, It looks great and a massive improvement on the cr@p Taken 2. Plus Liam Neeson is always good money, a brilliant actor and a beast of a tough guy. I wasn't going to bother with this, but after seeing the trailer I think I'll have to. Great song usage in the trailer too!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Films like Taken, Unknown, Non Stop will be classics like Die Hard in years to come.

Taken? Very possibly. Unknown and Non Stop? I don't think so! :D

Roll on Taken 3 i say.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems I'm one of a few who liked Taken 2. Trailer for this looks great.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cut for 12A rating in the UK-
    bbfc wrote:
    This film was originally seen for advice in an incomplete form. The BBFC advised the company that the film was likely to receive a 15, but that their requested 12A could be achieved by making reductions in scenes of violence. When the finished version was submitted for formal classification, those changes had been made and the film was classified 12A.

You'd imagine this was done on purpose as it lets kids in the cinema & they get to market a harder cut on blu-ray.
  • RAZORBACKRAZORBACK Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    The voluntary cuts are annoying but it was only going to be a 15 certificate anyway so it's not a complete deal breaker for me.

That said, regardless of cuts made, the subject matter doesn't really suit a younger audience (& there will be parents that will take children much younger than 12 to see this) so I'm still surprised that the BBFC continue to award 12A ratings to films like this...
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both Taken and Taken 2 were rated 15, weren't they? With the extended "harder" cut of Taken being an 18? Seems odd that they'd cut this down to make it a 12A then.
  • mrtdg82mrtdg82 Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it really going to be a 12A?

If so I will just wait for the DVD release and the uncut version.

They are beginning to ruin this franchise by sending out generic sequels that aren't as hard hitting as the first. That's what made the first one so good, it was like James Bond but didn't pull it's punched. Number 2 was just stupid, especially when his daughter ran around the rooftops throwing grenades.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    If its a 12A its going to be sh*t. How can you make a hard action/revenge drama a 12A? You can't, thats why the first one was so good. I havent bothered with 2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disappointed another violent film has been cut for the kids. Grimtales is right, if you're going to make a hard action/revenge film it has to be violent and it must be shown otherwise it just doesn't work. That's why Taken 2 was so poor. Another 12A? It's just dumb.

Having said that i am actually looking forward to Taken 3. It does look better than Taken 2: Cashgrab. It feels like they actually want to give some closure to Liam Neeson's character.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrtdg82 wrote: »
    Is it really going to be a 12A?

Oh yes.