Options

PC Guard

grumpyitmangrumpyitman Posts: 78
Forum Member
anybody find PC guard being slow to load in last couple of days, mines takes forever recently?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remove it and use something like AVG or Avast or any other free product out there all are better and have easier interfaces.
  • Options
    grumpyitmangrumpyitman Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    thanks, but I do find the parent control feature useful for keeping the kids safe online, is there another similar product for that?
  • Options
    originalboboriginalbob Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    anybody find PC guard being slow to load in last couple of days, mines takes forever recently?

Switched to PC Guard recently after the subscription on my old security package expired.Found it generally slow to load, and had a dire effect on my PC's performance.After about 10 days' use the thing just - well- collapsed.No updates were happening, and was getting messages that various bits were switching themselves on and off randomly.Tried reinstalling but Virgins installer didnt allow it.Wound up getting rid of it and going to Zone Alarm as a firewall and AVG anti virus.Both free,stable, and PC performance has improved drastically.
  • Options
    ToenToen Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used PC Guard for several weweks until I got a virus that meant I had to put Kaspersky on to clean up my PC. I have never used PC Guard since. Go to the Works (bbokshop) get Kaspersky virus software for £7.99. When you install it you can update it to the 2009 version.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks, but I do find the parent control feature useful for keeping the kids safe online, is there another similar product for that?

Plenty of free stuff on CNET downloads... This one seemed to get good ratings.

http://download.cnet.com/K9-Web-Protection/3000-2162_4-10487710.html?tag=mncol;pop
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,389
    Forum Member
    PC Guard has to be the worst piece of software ever to have the privilege of been installed on my computer.

Lasted a few days, it's a complete hog of resources.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Does anyone find PC Guard stops BBC iPlayer working?