Options

Which musical artist has the worst fanbase?

Comments

• Options
    pmw_hewittpmw_hewitt Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to break the pop chat here, but I can think of two so I'll say anyway.

Paul Weller fans are pretty annoying. He's a great musician but a lot of his fans are pretty sneery towards anything that they think beneath them, and most of all, many I know complain about how awful pop music is and it's "obsessed" fans, all while they sport identical clothing and the same haircut to Mr. Weller. Not all of course!

Also, a lot of The Rolling Stones fans seem to have a huge chip on their shoulders regarding The Beatles, and start a ten-minute rant as soon as they are mentioned, about how much better the Stones are. I guess an older version of what many of you are saying Lady Gaga fans do!
  • Options
    Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Gaga's fanbase is really no worse than the others are.

On here, for instance, I can't even remember the last time I read an utterly clueless Gaga-devoting post. More often than not it's militant non-fans making the ridiculous contributions.

I guess the misconception is in place because she's currently got the most active fan base and within that, you always have a slightly...unhinged...minority who make the most noise.

Going back to here, the regular Gaga fan posters are all pretty sensible with very minimal drama unless provoked by mindless "hating".

Referring to the Lady as ''GodGa'' is clueless enough in my book.

And that's been thrown around a bit here.

Also, pretty sensible? Even look at the usernames! That's how nuts some people are!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Referring to the Lady as ''GodGa'' is clueless enough in my book.

And that's been thrown around a bit here.

Also, pretty sensible? Even look at the usernames! That's how nuts some people are!

That was only a take on Britney fans referring to her as Godney, and Beyonce fans referring to her as Beysus. It's mostly used in satire, anyway.

What usernames are you talking about? I can only think of a very few with 'gaga' in them, and that's just showing their love - something that is so common on forums it seems pretty redundant to mention it. As long as it's not 'GagaOwnedFloptina' or something equally as pathetic, then I don't see the problem.
  • Options
    RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Death Cab For Cutie fans are pretty snobbish and up themselves.

Alexandra Burke are quite obsessive too if you dare to state an opinion against her. They like to pelt you with facts about how she's sold out arenas and the like.
  • Options
    Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    That was only a take on Britney fans referring to her as Godney, and Beyonce fans referring to her as Beysus. It's mostly used in satire, anyway.

What usernames are you talking about? I can only think of a very few with 'gaga' in them, and that's just showing their love - something that is so common on forums it seems pretty redundant to mention it. As long as it's not 'GagaOwnedFloptina' or something equally as pathetic, then I don't see the problem.

I honestly never heard Beysus before. Godney I have, but only since GodGa cropped up.
    They're all stupid anyway.

What I find annoying about ''Little Monsters'' is that many are completely delusional about her level of talent and success.

I find it strange that some posters here, excluding you, have only one opinion on her: that she's great.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X-Tina, it's just hilarious how some of them just will not accept that Bionic was an utter disaster.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    I honestly never heard Beysus before. Godney I have, but only since GodGa cropped up.

What I find annoying about ''Little Monsters'' is that many are completely delusional about her level of talent and success.

I find it strange that some posters here, excluding you, have only one opinion on her: that she's great.

I totally hear you, there are plenty of facepalm-inducing Gaga fans, but like I said...they're present in every fanbase. From my experience, which is all we can really speak from, they are a minority.

I don't think Britney fans are unanimously delusional, spiteful and insecure people...but a lot of my encounters with them have been that way. Of course I'll have spoken to countless Britney fans who were level headed and subjective, but they won't have come across as obvious fans...and the same goes for Gaga. There are a lot of her fans on here, and even on GGD, that don't blindly devote themselves to her, can analyse her work but still love her...they're still just as much 'little monsters' as the fools parading about the place.
  • Options
    _BollyKnickers__BollyKnickers_ Posts: 4,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a Leona and Christina fan and agree some others are too OTT. I do however, find Beyoncé fans just awful; to the point where I won't even listen to her stuff any more because you can't have any sort of opinion on her without getting an absolute earful :rolleyes:
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for the obsessive Bieber fans because in a few years most of them will be completely mortified at how silly they looked. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two words - LEONA LEWIS!

A lot of (not all!!) Leona fans seriously can't handle it if you comment that you don't like her voice. Then you get a herd of them slagging you off for having an opinion. Many of her fans are ridiculous.

this is so true, her stan fans are fantics

they got me ban TWICE for having a go at her 'dancing'

the OTT every performance its sycophantic at its worse. Stay away :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think any entertainer's stans can be pretty awful. You say anything short of worshipfuI about them and all guns are blazing. I can be a fan but I couldn't 'stan' for anybody - it's just so off-putting and embarassing. You don't even know the person you're 'stanning' for.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jacko. His fans are just insane. I don't mean that in the 'really like him' sense. I literally mean 'insane'.
  • Options
    PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member

Not pointing fingers are we? :L
  • Options
    MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    I think that any fan of those x factor types are really scary..you cant say a bad word about them at all..they are the greatest thing since sliced bread and anything before never happened in the pop world (or so I'm lead to believe)..same goes for cheryl cole..though she seems to be much hated in some corners the fans think she's the queen of everything ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mrscee wrote: »
    I think that any fan of those x factor types are really scary..you cant say a bad word about them at all..they are the greatest thing since sliced bread and anything before never happened in the pop world (or so I'm lead to believe)..same goes for cheryl cole..though she seems to be much hated in some corners the fans think she's the queen of everything ...

Agree with this, especially Matt Cardle. Not even allowed to say "He's a good singer, but he's not my thing" without being called "distasteful".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member
    Certain sections of the Nine Inch Nails fanbase are about as crazy as it gets. No-one on here that's posted about them, but elsewhere on the web.

There are quite a few Gaga obsessives who seem rather deluded and screechy, but I'm putting that down to youth, and the thrill of being part of something pop-culture for the first time.
  • Options
    MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    Agree with this, especially Matt Cardle. Not even allowed to say "He's a good singer, but he's not my thing" without being called "distasteful".

...and you have no idea what you are talking about as all other pop people are nothing compared to him..which happened to me recently when I said he wasn't anything special that I haven't heard before..and the shock of there having been male singers before :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mrscee wrote: »
    ...and you have no idea what you are talking about as all other pop people are nothing compared to him..which happened to me recently when I said he wasn't anything special that I haven't heard before..and the shock of there having been male singers before :rolleyes:

Obviously we have no taste in music. :eek:
  • Options
    kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the comparisons to other artists are EVERYWHERE! and it's something that really pisses me off.

and i am not against Gaga! as i too bought The Fame WAAAY back in Jan '09 but it hasn't stuck with me since but that's MY view. and the comparisons are stupid considering she's just started! GRRRRRRRR :mad:

and i am not 'protective' of Madonna, she is a truely inspiring artist, she's got me through shitty times and inspired me in so many ways...that is all!

am i interested in how Gaga wil develop.....YES....will i buy Born This Way....MAYBE...do i find her overrated/.....TOTALLY....do i like the little monsters thing.....NO!

simples

Of course people will make comparisons - if someone's appearance is similar to someone else, people will compare them, if they dress similar to someone else, people will compare them. And if someone's music style is similar to someone else... you guessed it - people will compare them. What's the big deal? No-one's saying Gaga has achieved as much as those artists, merely that in some ways i.e. her appearance, style and music, she is similar to them.

Why do people get so wound up over this? It seems to only happen when Gaga is involved. No-one minds any artist being compared to another, but when it's about Gaga - OH YOU CAN'T COMPARE HER WITH THEM IT'S OUTRAGEOUS. The people who constantly bash Lady Gaga are 10 times worse than any of her 'obsessed' fans. I think they just love giving themselves made-up reasons to bash her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lady GaGa fans are the worst imo.

Maufactured popstar that has had a few good tunes out and has been rather lucky. Not the second coming.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I was once a member of a Kylie forum and i've got to say it was just full of absolute t**ts! :eek: I love Kylie to bits, but the members were just miserable, moany, bitchy, arrogant know-alls. It was unbelievable.

I've since vowed never to join another fan forum ever again!
  • Options
    Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think fans of any pop artist are a little unhinged as is seen on this thread. When your young and impressionable and think your artist is the 2nd coming it's impossible for them to see things rationally especially when they are emperors new clothes.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    Paparazzo wrote: »

It does get quite heated on the DS X-Factor forum. ;) Though I suppose his fans are just on the defensive because now the hardcore fans of the other acts, and the people who just dislike X-Factor in general, all target Matt now with their negative remarks because he is the winner.

Throughout the series, instead of people simply supporting their fave act they tended to slate whoever was seen as direct competition, the main fanbases were Wagner, Cher, Rebecca and Matt (there weren't enough 1 Direction fans on DS to really represent them in any huge way :D ) But now fans of the other acts are all jealous/envious/whatever towards Matt, and some would rather see him fail than to simply support him for representing the X-Factor brand. Kind of weird in a way since they are supposed to be fans of X-Factor first and foremost. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a HUGE Lady Gaga fan myself, but some other huge fans are complete idiots are really quite dilusional and nasty people.

I've seen her a lot of times live, and you do get to see the same kind of people at her shows, a lot of them are just hell bent on putting other fans down and it's basically all one competition of who is a bigger/better fan than another, soooo bitchy!! And then the amount of times I've been grabbed and dragged back by 'monsters' (literally) when trying to get a good spot for standing shows, some of the Lady Gaga fans are some of the most unpleasent people I think I've ever met.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lady GaGa fans are the worst imo.

Maufactured popstar that has had a few good tunes out and has been rather lucky. Not the second coming.

I don't think Gaga is the second coming but I'm not sure where you've got the idea from that she is manufactured. If you knew much about her you would know that she wrote her own material and played and performed it in venues across New York City before she was signed to a label and still continues to write her own music so manufactured is not a word you can really use to describe Lady Gaga.