✭✭
    Chris Moyles...two words to make me switch off Radio 2
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    same here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Dont touch Simon Mayo's show, it's one of the best.
  • TUCTUC Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    Martin_S wrote: »
    I can't imagine the brash, rude, insulting Moyles at Radio 2. Evans in the morning, Moyles on afternoons? No way -wouldn't happen unless its years later eg Moyles V2.0 like Evans V.2.0 reborn.

Most of his brash, insulting image is from a long time ago but having said that, whilst I absolutely want Moyles on Radio Two, he needs to be able to do it as the Chris Moyles that people knew and loved on breakfast.. One of the reasons I find Chris Evans so unlistenable on R2 breakfast is that he is so dull and safe. Where does this notion that people someone stop wanting edgy, funny presentation just because they're older come from?
  • pjexpjex Posts: 9,315
    Forum Member
    TUC wrote: »
    Most of his brash, insulting image is from a long time ago but having said that, whilst I absolutely want Moyles on Radio Two, he needs to be able to do it as the Chris Moyles that people knew and loved on breakfast.. One of the reasons I find Chris Evans so unlistenable on R2 breakfast is that he is so dull and safe. Where does this notion that people someone stop wanting edgy, funny presentation just because they're older come from?

Radio 2 tried edgy with Russel Brand with disastouras consequences, they will stay well clear of edgy for Radio 2 after that incident.

If you want edgy try Nick Grimshaw he calls people making out team members have poo'd themselves. Works on Radio 1 breakfast but would not work on Radio 2.
  • FM_BanditFM_Bandit Posts: 2,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjex wrote: »
    If you want edgy try Nick Grimshaw he calls people making out team members have poo'd themselves. Works on Radio 1 breakfast but would not work on Radio 2.

Edgy? Not 'alf.
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I was the controller of Radio 2 and Chris was available. I would sit him on Saturday from 10-1pm.
  • Admiral1386Admiral1386 Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    No please - don't do that to Radio 2. I heard a few minutes of that deranged jibbering lunatic around the gym once when they put Moyles on the loudspeaker.

After numerous complaints the radio was re-tuned within 10 minutes thankfully.

Radio 2 is a music station - we do not need that raving ignorant arrogant gobshite on there - Chris Moyles would be ideal for LBC or Talksport - or better still, a talk radio station in the Falkland Islands.

Paul
  • SteveBentleySteveBentley Posts: 1,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjex wrote: »
    Radio 2 tried edgy with Russel Brand with disastouras consequences, they will stay well clear of edgy for Radio 2 after that incident.

There's edgy and there's stupid. Moyles has been in radio for long enough to know where the line is and how far you can push things. I don't think that putting Moyles onto Radio 2 would risk another Brand incident.

I'll throw this out there - I'd quite like to hear Moyles doing a weekend double header with Sara Cox.
  • Mapperley RidgeMapperley Ridge Posts: 9,922
    Forum Member
    No please - don't do that to Radio 2. I heard a few minutes of that deranged jibbering lunatic around the gym once when they put Moyles on the loudspeaker.

After numerous complaints the radio was re-tuned within 10 minutes thankfully.

Probably the same people who were up in arms when Chris Evans first joined Radio 2. They remembered the loud mouth from Radio 1, who rather successfully adapted his act for the new gig.

Motels will do exactly the same.
  • the teddy bearthe teddy bear Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motels will do exactly the same.

Like Hotels - only smaller! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Like Hotels - only smaller! :D

Can't believe I read the post as Moyles - only realised when I read THIS /\
  • james_watersjames_waters Posts: 1,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember in 1998 when moyles hated football.

I used to think this when he was banging on about the mighty Leeds. Almost like someone had said "Chris, we have The Sun demographic in the palm of your hand....just need some football banter to keep them'
  • paulx23paulx23 Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People seem to forget that a lot of Radio 2 presenters at the moment are ex-Radio 1.

No doubt when they were in their prime at Radio 1 10/20/30 years ago people wouldn't have imagined they'd end up at Radio 2.

Radio 2 is constantly evolving, the presenters are 'growing up'. Moyles will probably be on Radio 2, and if he is he will be very good at it.