Same Chrome problem on 5 PCs

mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Four of my friends and I are all getting this message with Chrome
http://postimg.org/image/wvm1x49z9/
All of the PCs are running Windows 10.

I can't find any current reports of problems with Chrome and have tried several ways to fix the problem including uninstalling (with Revo) and re-installing - no luck.

Eventually I uninstalled Chrome again and installed Chrome Canary which does work.
Any ideas as to what's going on?

Comments

• AnjomoAnjomo Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    64 bit Chrome has had issues. I switched to 32 bit because of endless 64 bit crashing and it has been trouble free.
    http://www.computerworld.com/article/2973455/web-browsers/latest-windows-10-preview-cripples-64-bit-chrome.html
    The problem has apparently since been fixed though I haven't tested it yet.
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply but Chrome warning message is completely different to to one that we're getting.
    AFAIK 32 bit Chrome in being used and, in fact, 2 of the PCs are running 32bif Windows
  • oilmanoilman Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try uninstalling using Revo uninstaller which tidies up a lot of crap not removed by simple uninstalling. Often sorts such issues.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oilman wrote: »
    Try uninstalling using Revo uninstaller which tidies up a lot of crap not removed by simple uninstalling. Often sorts such issues.

I did
    mac2708 wrote: »

I can't find any current reports of problems with Chrome and have tried several ways to fix the problem including uninstalling (with Revo) and re-installing - no luck.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did

Too early :-)!
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm using the 64bit version of Chrome on a PC and Laptop both running W10 and have yet to experience a problem with it since I stalled W10 the day after it launched.
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    I've had this problem on 3 PCs today, XP Win7 & Win8.1.

Turns out Comodo virus-checker is blocking it, excluding chrome.exe in the 'HIPS' settings (detect shellcode injections) sorted it out.

Probably something to do with conflicting sandboxes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    I've had this problem on 3 PCs today, XP Win7 & Win8.1.

Turns out Comodo virus-checker is blocking it, excluding chrome.exe in the 'HIPS' settings (detect shellcode injections) sorted it out.

Probably something to do with conflicting sandboxes.

Thanks but still no solution to the original problem
    2 of the 5 PCs are running Comodo Internet Security, the others Kaspersky/AVG/Avira

Even with Comodo uninstalled and not present on the PCs the problem still exists
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    You could try installing Chrome Canary to see if that works - https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/canary.html

There's also a Chrome cleanup tool - https://www.google.com/chrome/cleanup-tool/

Someone on another board said running Chrome as Administrator worked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    You could try installing Chrome Canary to see if that works - https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/canary.html

Yes it does

[QUOTE=mac2708;79522099

Eventually I uninstalled Chrome again and installed Chrome Canary which does work.
    Any ideas as to what's going on?[/QUOTE]
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it is there specifically to give Microsoft an Edge?
    Whatever, by design, Microsoft were intent on helping it happen.

Curusly, if you turnthe Chrome sandbox off, it is meant to cure it. I doubt Google would advise doing that.
  • Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    XP working fine here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    XP working fine here.

IKB would be shocked :-)!
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    XP working fine here.

Let's all party like it's 2002!
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did

Some people do not read the posts.

I use a chrome clone and I have not come across that message, you have done what I would have done. Do this message happen before any extensions are added? It could be a plug in or extension, but then it may not be.

That is helpful , Not
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    XP working fine here.

LOL, windows 8.1, working fine here and on Mint.
    Hang on I do not use chrome, I use a clone, still working ok.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hilarious, we ain't even got to 12 months of 10 yet, when MS is more likely to turn that ' we control everything' dial to 10+
    For consumers MS really wants IOSification.