Options

The Natalie Gumede and Artem Chigvintsev Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    lateonelateone Posts: 1,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nina_s wrote: »
    Natalie & Artem gave us that wonderful Showdance & American Smooth that will live long in the memory. Could not have asked for more.
    I hope this leads on to bigger and better things for Natalie, lord knows she deserves it.:)

Yes, totally agree.

Thanks to those who supported our two after Sophie was out.:)
  • Options
    lucy777lucy777 Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    Had Nat come 4th I think I would have felt a sadness that her consummate talent was not appreciated but when she made the final three I felt nothing but joy and gratitude for the opportunity to watch the most talented dancer ever to appear on SCD.

Thanks you Nat and Artem -

Agree with this (although Louis will always be my favourite), she's been a joy to watch. I didn't think it possible to top last weeks AT but the AS tonight :o:o:o Just fantastic!!
  • Options
    KartemAddictKartemAddict Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    sorry they didn't win, but so glad they made the final 3. This season has given Artem a huge oppurtunity to showcase his amazing choreo, and I wouldn't be surprised if he lands ALOT of work from this :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    If it was not to be our two then Abbey was a worthy winner and certainly a joyful one. No doubt in my mine that Natalie is an exceptional talent. I envy those with tickets for the tour.
  • Options
    OrkneySarahOrkneySarah Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodnight everyone. It's been an amazing ride. AGAIN xxxx
  • Options
    Wrenny-24Wrenny-24 Posts: 9,373
    Forum Member
    Well after Sophie left i gave my votes to Natalie - so fingers crossed for her and Artem and yourselves!

Thank you hun! I'm so sorry Sophie didn't get to dance the Charleston.
    Chimerari wrote: »
    Shame. but I did like Abbey.
    We've tried peeps, so no regret
    nina_s wrote: »
    Well done Abbey. But Natalie my winner through and through, so proud of Natalie & Artem and how they danced tonight.
    peeve wrote: »
    Disappointed for Natalie and Artem, who were the best dancers by a country mile. Having said that, Abbey was the best natural dancer and the most improved. I loved that waltz; she was my second favourite of the finalists, so I'm pleased for her. Her joy is infectious, isn't it! :)

I'm also pleased the bookies got it so spectacularly wrong. Susanna way ahead in the votes according to the leaked figures? Sophie second? I don't think so... But I'm sorry that the previously infallible hairdressers' poll was also wrong. I shall have words with Dan the next time I'm in. :)

And we'll always that the showdance and that wonderful, wonderful American Smooth. ♥
    callie t wrote: »
    Wonderful final, heartstopping dancing. They were all winners and if Natalie didn't win then I'm glad Abbey won. I'm so glad that Natalie got through to the final three and I would love to know what the votes were. I think WE are all winners too :):)
    Ignazio wrote: »
    Had Nat come 4th I think I would have felt a sadness that her consummate talent was not appreciated but when she made the final three I felt nothing but joy and gratitude for the opportunity to watch the most talented dancer ever to appear on SCD.

Thanks you Nat and Artem -
    Becky245 wrote: »
    Commiserations to Natalie, she stole it for me after Sophie was voted off. Her AS was beautiful and moving.

Thank you too Becky, sorry Sophie was voted off first!!

Some wonderful articulate posts tonight, some of them above. What an amazing show that was! Natalie and Artem were in a league of their own. I'm just so happy they got to perform their AS. They are completely the winners in my eyes. I'm happy that Abbey won the show. Her joy in dancing shone through and that Waltz is one of my favourite dances of this series.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was rootinh for Nat or Abby. Nartem provided us with some of the greatest dances ever on Strictly, you could tell she was soo passionate about dancing. Artem getting emotional was lovely and an amazing showdance that will go down in Strictly history.
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anyone didn't catch Zoe on the red button, it's on a loop, so if you can find your red button, you can still watch :D
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sun Newspaper ‏@TheSunNewspaper 2m
    Interestingly, lots of support for @NatalieGumede on our Facebook page - so well done to Natalie as well!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love every dance they have done its so had to pick a favourite!!!

charleston (their comeback and only Natalie could have the confidence to dance on her own on a huge stand at the beginning, )
    Samba (pure joy)
    Salsa ( those spins at the end- again only Natalie had the ability to do that)
    AT (perfection)
    VW (poetry in motion)
    AS (dramatic and powerful)
    Cha cha cha was ace too.

Natalie is the only one who mastered Latin and ballroom IMO. The other girls were better at ballroom than Latin, Natalie could do both equally good.
  • Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    Hello all :) Just popping in to say that Natalie and Artem were AMAZING tonight. I have been routing for Abbey but Team Nartem would have been VERY worthy winners. Glad she had a brilliant last show as she has barely put a foot wrong the whole series :)
  • Options
    Wrenny-24Wrenny-24 Posts: 9,373
    Forum Member
    Dilly 1 wrote: »
    Hello all :) Just popping in to say that Natalie and Artem were AMAZING tonight. I have been routing for Abbey but Team Nartem would have been VERY worthy winners. Glad she had a brilliant last show as she has barely put a foot wrong the whole series :)

Thanks Dilly. I'm glad you won your bet! ;-):cool:
  • Options
    OrkneySarahOrkneySarah Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrenny-24 wrote: »
    Me too & appreciate your kind words.
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Night everyone - thank you for your very excellent company :).
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And, no matter what the vote is from the general public, for me there is no comparison, and Natalie is the winner.
  • Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    Wrenny-24 wrote: »
    Me too & appreciate your kind words.

Woo Hooo... I have won £150 (including my £10 stake) so not too shabby :D

Really enjoyed Natalie and Artem this series too though and they gave us some brilliant dances from week 1 all the way through. Knockout showdance too which was my favourite of them all tonight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, What A Show!!

Congratulations To All Concerned...

And Many Congratulations To Natalie And Artem. Absolutely Breathtaking And Amazing Tonight And Throughout The Whole Series..

Some Wonderful Routines That Will Be Forever Remembered..

Happy Holiday To All..
  • Options
    SuzieQ12SuzieQ12 Posts: 3,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just goes to show you - being in the bottom two is not an automatic death sentence like some would have you believe. I'd love to know what the voting percentages were and who actually came second. Natalie's show dance and AS were sensational (I've no idea about the CC, because I pretty much skipped it with the stupid costumes and music :p) I honestly thought they might pip everyone to the post.

I was a bad Artem fan and voted for Abbey tonight, she has a childlike joy that I've found incredibly infectious, but I would have been very happy if Nartem won instead.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    SuzieQ12 wrote: »
    Just goes to show you - being in the bottom two is not an automatic death sentence like some would have you believe. I'd love to know what the voting percentages were and who actually came second. Natalie's show dance and AS were sensational (I've no idea about the CC, because I pretty much skipped it with the stupid costumes and music :p) I honestly thought they might pip everyone to the post.

I was a bad Artem fan and voted for Abbey tonight, she has a childlike joy that I've found incredibly infectious, but I would have been very happy if Nartem won instead.

According to the live interview backstage, Natalie and Susanna were joint runner up. Or is it just wording?
  • Options
    scout2006scout2006 Posts: 7,084
    Forum Member
    That AS will live long in my memory. She went for it and absolutely owned that dance. There's no shame in losing out to A&A, she's a beautiful ballroom dancer and has probably the best topline I've seen from a celeb on SCD. Fantastic final, loved it!

Merry Christmas everyone
    xxx
  • Options
    SuzieQ12SuzieQ12 Posts: 3,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the live interview backstage, Natalie and Susanna were joint runner up. Or is it just wording?

Yeah, they announced them both at the same time so there's no clear 2nd or 3rd place. They're both simply joint runners up according to the show. I'm sure there was a bit of difference in their respective votes, if 6 million were actually cast tonight. It'd have been nice to announce it one by one, but I guess they've decided to do away with that.
  • Options
    peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Definitely just semantics, Chimerari. The BBC never releases the voting figures (although sometimes they get leaked), but the chance of Natalie and Susanna getting an identical number of votes is virtually nil. IIRC, Denise Van Outen claimed somewhere that she came second last year, but it was neither confirmed nor denied by the Beeb, so who knows?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    SuzieQ12 wrote: »
    Yeah, they announced them both at the same time so there's no clear 2nd or 3rd place. They're both simply joint runners up according to the show. I'm sure there was a bit of difference in their respective votes, if 6 million were actually cast tonight. It'd have been nice to announce it one by one, but I guess they've decided to do away with that.
    peeve wrote: »
    Definitely just semantics, Chimerari. The BBC never releases the voting figures (although sometimes they get leaked), but the chance of Natalie and Susanna getting an identical number of votes is virtually nil. IIRC, Denise Van Outen claimed somewhere that she came second last year, but it was neither confirmed nor denied by the Beeb, so who knows?

thanks for the info. I guess having got so close to the glitterball, it's kinder not to know that you're in fact, one step further down the ladder than you thought...
  • Options
    clareiowclareiow Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    I've been at a Christmas party tonight but voted online while I was there!

Raced home to watch and boy was I not disappointed. THAT showdance and AS made me cry, tears of joy and share in the emotions they were feeling. My heart was pounding for them, such was the power of their movement. I will truly miss watching them every week. Natalie really showed how much she loves dance. And tonight dance showed how much it loves her back.