Hostages and Beheadiing threat within GB

cessnacessna Posts: 6,747
Forum Member
With Islamic barbarism in the news and on the increase - would it be too far fetched to suggest any one of us within GB could now be at risk of being taken hostage by British Muslim extremists ?

Comments

• idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    As long as I don't have to wear orange, it clashes with my ginger hair.
  • gocompletelynutgocompletelynut Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah not likely at all the BBC and the guardian have told us for a very long time now that Muslims are a peace loving people.
  • ElCantoDelLocoElCantoDelLoco Posts: 6,637
    Forum Member
    We've already had a beheading in the street here, so it must be a very real threat, with members of the military most at risk I'd say
    Edit: Not to ordinary people though I'd say
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,535
    Forum Member
    Nah not likely at all the BBC and the guardian have told us for a very long time now that Muslims are a peace loving people.

Oh dear...
    Forum Member
    We've already had a beheading in the street here, so it must be a very real threat, with members of the military most at risk I'd say
    Edit: Not to ordinary people though I'd say

Agreed, and I'm sure that security is being stepped up around military bases.
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as we continue to turn a blind eye to hate preachers radicalizing dissaffected young men and women then this will be a danger.

We do the muslim community and society as a whole no favours by playing softly softly with these animals.
  • whitecliffewhitecliffe Posts: 11,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have thought that the general public would be a more effective target than the military. It would strike terror into the hearts of all of us.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have thought that the general public would be a more effective target than the military. It would strike terror into the hearts of all of us.

And anger - there would be a serious amount of public disorder if this began to happen here.

Then perhaps our spineless politicians would finally get their arses in gear and do something about the radical Islamists in our midst.

But I would not hold my breath.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These dangerous morons need to be stopped. I hope that brutal murderer gets caught and gets 25 years at least.
  • CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    At the outbreak of war there were around 80,000 potential enemy aliens in Britain who, it was feared, could be spies, or willing to assist Britain's enemies in the event of an invasion. All Germans and Austrians over the age of 16 were called before special tribunals and were divided into one of three groups:

'A' - high security risks, numbering just under 600, who were immediately interned;
    'B' - 'doubtful cases', numbering around 6,500, who were supervised and subject to restrictions;
    'C' - 'no security risk', numbering around 64,000, who were left at liberty.

I feel a scheme similar to the above has merit and could at lest help the authorities to purge the ring-leaders.
  • jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    CRTHD wrote: »
    At the outbreak of war there were around 80,000 potential enemy aliens in Britain who, it was feared, could be spies, or willing to assist Britain's enemies in the event of an invasion. All Germans and Austrians over the age of 16 were called before special tribunals and were divided into one of three groups:

'A' - high security risks, numbering just under 600, who were immediately interned;
    'B' - 'doubtful cases', numbering around 6,500, who were supervised and subject to restrictions;

I feel a scheme similar to the above has merit and could at lest help the authorities to purge the ring-leaders.

We tried that in NI in the 1970s and it went horribly wrong. We have laws against extremism and people are being prosecuted under them - using the justice system is the right way to address such people.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    I hope that brutal murderer gets caught and gets 25 years at least.
    25 years? I'd rather them get tortured and then left in a cell, to rot.
    Forum Member

Good idea. They could all be held at Barry Island Holiday Park, that will make them re-think their lives.
  • Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,921
    Forum Member
    Deleted.
    Forum Member
    Deleted.

It was kind of gratifying when the original decapitation-meister Abu Musab Al Zarqawi got his arse handed to him in the form of a large US bomb on the top of his house, causing him to have to crawl out the rubble and die a short time later.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Of course there's a threat to all civilians living in any country which clashes with their terrorist beliefs but apparently if you say it you're a racist.
  • jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    Of course there's a threat to all civilians living in any country which clashes with their terrorist beliefs but apparently if you say it you're a racist.

I haven't seen people being called racist unless they were being racist. It isn't racist to say that there is a threat from terrorists and I have never heard anyone say it is.
    Forum Member

Who exactly would be called before these tribunals? The entire UK Muslim population, assuming they could all be identified, or just immigrants from Islamic countries (which would exclude home-grown potential terrorists). Either way, doesn't sound either workable or advisable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be much better to keep him alive and place him in an extremely tough prison where the inmates are extremely dangerous themselves. I bet he'd be a quivering wreck after so long.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    jesaya wrote: »
    We tried that in NI in the 1970s and it went horribly wrong. We have laws against extremism and people are being prosecuted under them - using the justice system is the right way to address such people.

What was it that went terribly wrong? Are you speaking of the hunger strikes, the wearing of blankets, and the smearing of their cells with excrement?
    Forum Member
    I haven't seen people being called racist unless they were being racist. It isn't racist to say that there is a threat from terrorists and I have never heard anyone say it is.

Quite. Why some keep harping on about false accusations of racism, when there are none, escapes me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    It was kind of gratifying when the original decapitation-meister Abu Musab Al Zarqawi got his arse handed to him in the form of a large US bomb on the top of his house, causing him to have to crawl out the rubble and die a short time later.

If you start killing hostages, be prepared to pay the ultimate price one day.
  • ElCantoDelLocoElCantoDelLoco Posts: 6,637
    Forum Member

I think with *some* people there is a tendency to make excuses for inappropriate actions taken by *some* Muslims, and call those who criticise it racist - the Trojan Horse story in Birmingham was one such case where I saw loads of well-meaning liberal people rushing in to make accusations of racism and witch-hunts, where some of the practises outlined in the schools must go against everything those people to believe in, and the fact that Birmingham City Council has admitted it did not act on concerns for fear of being called Islamophobic (http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jul/18/birmingham-council-disastrous-failure-islamism-schools-trojan-horse-letter) may have contributed to the radicalisation problem in Birmingham which doesn't help anyone or make life easier for anyone but the terrorist recruiters

I think this is what gives people the idea they can't say anything for fear of being called racist, but hopefully we can move past that now and acknowledge the issues and hopefully tackle them while not discriminating against the innocent
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Deleted. That was an awful thing to say.

Why? The idiot thinks he will be going to his 77 virgins or however many it is much better to just do what another poster suggested, stick him in a tough prison.

But no doubt that will be against his human rights and we'll take it up the arse as usual and let him out for 'good behaviour' after 4 years.
    Forum Member
    Rich_L wrote: »
    Why? The idiot thinks he will be going to his 77 virgins or however many it is much better to just do what another poster suggested, stick him in a tough prison.

But no doubt that will be against his human rights and we'll take it up the arse as usual and let him out for 'good behaviour' after 4 years.

This is complete and utter nonsense, and you must know it.