The Tennis Thread (Part 27)

Comments

• anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    pat898 wrote: »
    Mirka is a disgrace she said Stan was a cry baby, perhaps she has forgot her own husband ROGER FEDERER was A CRY BABY when he lost to Nadal at the AO

HE SHED MORE TEARS :D

Cry baby Roger

Someone reported that she called Stan a cry baby but there is no evidence of that. It's lies.
  • pat898pat898 Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone reported that she called Stan a cry baby but there is no evidence of that. It's lies.

Really it's lies........ she said something to him and she said cry baby her own husband is the cry baby whether you believe it or not :)

He's a cry baby as in his AO final when he cried like a baby when beaten by his biggest rival Rafael Nadal . What did she Mirka say at Wimbledon? Stan said she said the same at Wimbledon.......

So come on ...............What did she say at Wimbledon ???

Stan said it ........................

Mirka is a disgrace and her husband is as well :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really it's lies........ she said something to him and she said cry baby her own husband is the cry baby whether you believe it or not :)

He's a cry baby as in his AO final when he cried like a baby when beaten by his biggest rival Rafael Nadal . What did she Mirka say at Wimbledon? Stan said she said the same at Wimbledon.......

Nobody heard her say cry baby. The video they claimed showing her saying it was blank. Quel surprise. Stop trying to make up a story when it's blatantly obvious by now there is none. Stan and Roger wouldn't have their arms round each other and beaming with happiness if there was any tension between them or if Mirka had called him names.
  • lyn2lyn2 Posts: 2,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody heard her say cry baby. The video they claimed showing her saying it was blank. Quel surprise. Stop trying to make up a story when it's blatantly obvious by now there is none. Stan and Roger wouldn't have their arms round each other and beaming with happiness if there was any tension between them or if Mirka had called him names.

Its not blank - I can hear a female voice saying cry baby. May or may not be her but someone says it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lyn2 wrote: »
    Its not blank - I can hear a female voice saying cry baby. May or may not be her but someone says it.

I can also hear a female voice say "cry baby" :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,062
    Forum Member
    lyn2 wrote: »
    Sorry rita but I don't agree that it's a silly story.
    I actually think it's quite shocking if true ( which it appears to be - front page of the Daily Telegraph) that Fed's wife would heckle Stan at any time, let alone such a crucial stage of the match.
    Also the fact that she has done it before, again if true, would suggest that Fed and the team think it's acceptable behaviour. Either that or they are frightened of her. :D
    Either way , I think it is newsworthy as is a fall out between 2 Davis Cup Final team mates.
    Just my opinion though.

When I said silliest tennis story of the year I was referring to the idea that any argument between Stan and Roger could have in some way affected Roger's back, which is what you had talked about in the post I quoted.

On the other issue of heckling from Mirka or anyone else in Fed's camp, well I've seen no evidence, just rumours that get crazier all the time. As it seems to be completely out of character with the way Mirka has behaved in her support over the years I will choose to disbelieve the hearsay. Other than a rather irritating habit of chewing gum she always seems to me to have behaved impeccably.
    Forum Member

Unlikely to be Mirka if so. Why would she speak in English to Stan who is French mother tongue? Chances are he doesn't know the word anyway.
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the evidence is pretty clear. It's clearly a female voice saying cry baby. Stan then looks at Federer and asks "did you hear what she just said?" He speaks in English to Federer so don't think it's surprising that Mirka would also speak in English to Stan. Also, why would Stan turn to Federer and ask if he heard what she said, if it was just some random woman in the audience?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I see from your other posts on other threads that you just post provocative comments just to get a reaction. Go troll another thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shappy wrote: »
    I think the evidence is pretty clear. It's clearly a female voice saying cry baby. Stan then looks at Federer and asks "did you hear what she just said?" He speaks in English to Federer so don't think it's surprising that Mirka would also speak in English to Stan. Also, why would Stan turn to Federer and ask if he heard what she said, if it was just some random woman in the audience?

Where is this video?
  • ElCantoDelLocoElCantoDelLoco Posts: 6,637
    Forum Member
    Exactly and she would have needed to shout really loudly for Stan to hear her at Wimbledon. Stan did not say anything of the sort in French on Saturday. It's a totally made up story.

He did, you can hear it quite clearly
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He did, you can hear it quite clearly

He did to the umpire but not to her.
    Forum Member
    rita1 wrote: »
    Unlikely to be Mirka if so. Why would she speak in English to Stan who is French mother tongue? Chances are he doesn't know the word anyway.

She isn't French mother-tongue though, she might not know how to say it in French maybe - not sure if it is her of course, although if it wasn't you'd expect Fed's camp to have made that be known by now!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see from your other posts on other threads that you just post provocative comments just to get a reaction. Go troll another thread.

I suggest you should go and pick on some one else as I intend to post on this tennis thread whether you like it or not :) I have watched tennis for over 30 years and I have a right to post on here whether you like it or not :)
    Forum Member
    He did to the umpire but not to her.

I don't really follow sorry does that make a difference? I must have missed the previous comments
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Goodness me. How old are you? 12?

What is wrong with crying? These guys live to win big titles, of course they will be sad when they lose. Nadal cried at this year's AO, Novak has cried before, Andy has... Do you think they are cry babies for this?

Not sure why I am engaging with a troll. Guess I am bored :D

I think we should put this troll on ignore the same way we have the other notorious thread troll. Probably a double account LOL :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What is wrong with crying? These guys live to win big titles, of course they will be sad when they lose. Nadal cried at this year's AO, Novak has cried before, Andy has... Do you think they are cry babies for this?

I think we should put this troll on ignore the same way we have the other notorious thread troll. Probably a double account LOL :p

No I am not 12 I and I am not a troll :) I am simply not going along with Roger and his pathetic gang of trolls, I am simply saying why Roger cried and he's a cry baby, like when he cried in front of millions of people when he lost at the AO
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No I am not 12 I and I am not a troll :) I am simply not going along with Roger and his pathetic gang of trolls, I am simply saying why Roger cried and he's a cry baby, like when he cried in front of millions of people when he lost at the AO

Murray cried because he had not won a grand slam title

Roger's fans can't stand any thing said about him :D
  • yesman2012yesman2012 Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rita1 wrote: »
    When I said silliest tennis story of the year I was referring to the idea that any argument between Stan and Roger could have in some way affected Roger's back, which is what you had talked about in the post I quoted.

On the other issue of heckling from Mirka or anyone else in Fed's camp, well I've seen no evidence, just rumours that get crazier all the time. As it seems to be completely out of character with the way Mirka has behaved in her support over the years I will choose to disbelieve the hearsay. Other than a rather irritating habit of chewing gum she always seems to me to have behaved impeccably.

That's whats odd about this whole thing. She has no history of doing this sort of thing, or at least it has never been reported by anyone - journalists or players or other spectators who would've heard the heckling as well. And the occasion isn't even particularly important compared to all the dozens of epic matches she's watched her husband play in throughout the years. Of all the heated pressurized moments she could've lost her rag, she chose this?

Absolutely weird, which is why I'm still skeptical.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She lost her rag this time because Stan dared to call her out on it. No other player probably dared to in the past if she has shouted out between first and second serve.
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shappy wrote: »
    She lost her rag this time because Stan dared to call her out on it. No other player probably dared to in the past if she has shouted out between first and second serve.

It's disappointing behaviour from her, that is for sure. Good on Stan for calling her out on it, no one should do that. He called Uncle Toni out for his on court coaching too, which he does in every bloody match and gets away with it. He even talks about it openly! People get away with so much shit if they are top players or are involved with them.

Roger told Novak's parents to be quiet in a match as well. I understand that things get tense but there is no excuse for doing something that could put someone's opponent off which is what Mirka did. It's clear on the video. It's not Roger's fault, but Stan being upset is understandable.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's on video, 26/27 seconds in:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ai08w_la-femme-de-roger-federer-a-bien-perturbe-wawrinka_sport

You might have to turn your volume up as theres some foreground static but you can clearly hear a woman say "cry baby" loud enough to be picked up. Now sure.. theres no proof it's Roger's wife as the camera is on Stan at the time.. but someone clearly says it.

The umpire has now become involved confirming a few other details:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/rogerfederer/11238769/Roger-Federer-criticises-umpire-Cedric-Mourier-for-confirming-his-wife-Mirka-did-heckle-Stanislas-Wawrinka.html

Stan is upset over something that's gone on in the crowd.. someone in the crowd has reacted to his upset. It appears to be a thorny issue for Stan because he immediately refers to Wimbledon as a past example of it happening.

It's all undeniable really at this stage.
    Forum Member
    Well I've watched the video now (thanks to Shappy for posting it) but I can't figure out what's going on there other than Stan being obviously agitated over something. I'll just have to take everyone's word for it. I did notice the umpire saying to Stan that he didn't hear anything and of course he should not have done an interview on the subject. Bad umpiring and not the first time from him.

If Mirka did upset Stan then she shouldn't have, clearly. I'm still skeptical though as it's just so out of character like I said before. But whatever happened it doesn't seem to have been a big problem for the team as they've dealt with it and moved on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all undeniable really at this stage.

Yes, the umpire has confirmed it so there can be no doubt now. Seems (according to Stan) that Mirka has a habit of doing this so hopefully the bad publicity of this will stop her doing it again in future.
This discussion has been closed.