Soap Credits/ Opening |Titles

Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
Forum Member
Anyone got any favourites?
Emmerdale seems to have the most imaginatve opening titles to me - and EastEnders has never changed since 1985!! (apart from colour and a few tweeks!) Coronation Street has varied it - but not much.
Crossroads was even simpler - just a caption saying "Crossroads" in front of the opening scene!! They eventually got a proper opening sequence with slit-screen titles and a car approaching the Motel (it took them ten years!!).
End titles are worse....nowadays ITV do their generic b&w titles.....at least EastEnders have their old river Thames and VERY fast credits at the end.
Good old Crossroads had their traditional slow criss-cross credits and the 'sting' at the end of the episode!! (like Hollyoaks copy now!)
U.S. series were very different - BIG opening, with stars and names featured in the opening titles.......and shorter endings! (Dallas, Falcon Crest etc...)

Anyone miss these credits/titles ??

Comments

• attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I miss the EastEnders 1994-2009 theme tune, the current version isn't the same.
    Wish Corrie would bring their first theme back, I love it, the current is is crap.
    The best Emmerdale credits IMO where the early 2000's ones with the hill shots & the black & white short films. Loved those set of titles.
    Brooksides 2003 titles were great aswell aswell as Hollyoaks ones from 2005 (the blue ones) & also Family Affairs with the last set of titles from 2003-05, I remember quite distinctively since we watched it everyday.
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Emmerdales best too, took a while to grow on me as I used to love the rolling green of yorkshire in the previous ones. reason I like the new ones is they look good in HD.

my dog likes emmerdale opening credits too and she likes the EE music.

I like that Ee hasnt changed other than the map and music being remastered. nowt better than a whistle along to the theme tune :D
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If DTC really cared about history, he would change that god awful cloud and theme tune.

I never understood why the clouds disappear by the end of it, should there not be more clouds as the titles go up further?

I liked the previous theme tune, with a slight hint of Bells, they should also bring back a hint of Piano, like the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6vfNZzVjDM
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    could you not add to the current thread about soap credits. I am an EE fan but all these threads are getting ridic now :(

surely if he cared about history he would keep the map? I don't get your logic sorry