Bauer Place changes

1151617181921»

Comments

• Options
    pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    david16 wrote: »
    Bear in mind there is a Westsound FM (Dumfries and Galloway) as well which takes the GHN, not Your Music Your Life from 7pm on weekdays.

Will probably be Mike Richardson on Westsound FM at 10pm but not on West FM (Ayrshire).

I assume that Westsound FM will maintain their local schedule and join the other 2 stations at 7pm from 5th January rather than revert to the 1 network.

Fully aware of the set up there. In fact ironically half of the Westsound FM (D&G) programming comes from West FM/Westsound AM studios in Holmston Road - Ayr.

However - Mike is also covering this week on West FM on mid-morning and this Saturday afternoon.
  • Options
    MusicmasterproxMusicmasterprox Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SouthCity wrote: »
    That licence (Galaxy Radio Scotland Limited) never made a profit as Beat 106. It recorded a profit for the first time in 2014.

It can only cover its costs if there is a large amount of networking and sharing of overheads, and the Scottish Government couldn't change that even if they did control broadcasting.

Surprised that they haven't renamed their licence holder/company to "Communicorp Scotland Limited"
  • Options
    listeninglistening Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    listening wrote: »
    Scott appears to have been on City and Rock FM but can't tell from Key schedule if he was on there, I will need to check tomorrow. Radio Aire, Viking and Hallam also appear to share their a shared Drive Time show, which appears to be different to the one hosted from Newcastle for the North East.

Having had Magic AM for the last few working days, which seemed to go well, somebody switched our office system to the Hit's and it was bad, or maybe I'm just getting old!

Scott was on Key, Rock and City this afternoon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    I notice on Bauers site Hallam FM has a Hallam 1 logo instead so could this be a future rebrand to drop FM?
  • Options
    fudbeerfudbeer Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone recommend a good "oldies" station on dab ?
  • Options
    david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I notice on Bauers site Hallam FM has a Hallam 1 logo instead so could this be a future rebrand to drop FM?

The waveband or frequency value as part of the station name has already disappeared from most of the Bauer stations and will all soon be a thing of the past for all Bauer stations.

And even some of those stations that still include FM as part of the station name it doesn't necessarily signify that it's an FM station. TFM 2 is actually on AM.

Hallam 1 will not disappear off FM in your area.
  • Options
    hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fudbeer wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a good "oldies" station on dab ?
    There does not seem to be any "goldies" format left on DAB, Wikipedia has
    Stations that continue to use the term "oldies" in their on-air positioning generally do not play music made after 1979 (with some exceptions) and still may play one pre-1964 oldie an hour. Still, that is not always true. But most stations that do play post-1975 music have generally dropped the word "oldies" from their positioners, using identifiers such as "Super Hits", "Classic Top 40" or "The Greatest Hits of All Time"
    The City 2 and Gold stations are now "The Greatest Hits of All Time".
    http://www.bauermedia.co.uk/brands/key
    Key 2 plays The Greatest Hits from legends like Elton John, Rod Stewart and Queen and is hugely popular among its target audience of adults aged 45+.
    Angel is a bit unusual playing pre 64 music but calls it vintage music.
    Trashcan on Surrey/S London plays old rock.
    Absolute 60s is now basically online now but not quite an oldies station as it only features guitar based music.
    If you are after 60s/70s hits there is the oldies project but currently will not get enough advertising to go DAB
    http://www.oldiesproject.com
  • Options
    amarkramarkr Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    Gold still play out sweepers saying '60's 70's and 80's' and seem committed not to add 90's music, although they have a 50's hour once a week and slip the odd 50's track into the playlist
  • Options
    kevkev Posts: 21,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The current brandings are weird - on the Radio Player the old Magic 999 is "Rock 2" but the logo shows "Rock FM 2" and all the on air references are to "Rock FM 2". I also noticed over xmas that on DAB the label for Rock FM has changed from "Rock" to "Rock FM" at some point....
  • Options
    radio ladradio lad Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    Could someone please tell TFM that there are 2 S's IN Teesside it's TEES not TEE as on their website ("A new era for TFM") It's a common mistake people use that are not from the area ! >:(
  • Options
    david1956david1956 Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    radio lad wrote: »
    Could someone please tell TFM that there are 2 S's IN Teesside it's TEES not TEE as on their website ("A new era for TFM") It's a common mistake people use that are not from the area ! >:(

They ARE NOT FROM THE AREA. Says it all really about the state of local radio.
  • Options
    dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    david1956 wrote: »

Given Radio Tees' launch presenter was from Birmingham it says people have always been involved who are not from the area.

(I am surprised someone had not noticed and corrected the error though)
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    radio lad wrote: »

Should just replace that with The Hits Radio.
  • Options
    Ray266Ray266 Posts: 3,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hanssolo wrote: »
    There does not seem to be any "goldies" format left on DAB, Wikipedia has

The City 2 and Gold stations are now "The Greatest Hits of All Time".
    http://www.bauermedia.co.uk/brands/key

Angel is a bit unusual playing pre 64 music but calls it vintage music.
    Trashcan on Surrey/S London plays old rock.
    Absolute 60s is now basically online now but not quite an oldies station as it only features guitar based music.
    If you are after 60s/70s hits there is the oldies project but currently will not get enough advertising to go DAB
    http://www.oldiesproject.com

I listen a lot to the oldiesproject IMHO it's the best on the net if you like the lesser known hits plus the Radio London top 40 on a sunday it's this week in 1966 & they play some 70's as well plus they have no adds which is another plus :)
  • Options
    tommytemprastommytempras Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    British sixties radio, an internet station, takes some beatingc, plays some rarely heard sixties stuff, worth getting an internet radio just to listen to it in my humble opinion!!
  • Options
    Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,411
    Forum Member

I lived in the area in the 80's and 90's and how many presenters were from the area back then errrrr a couple at most.
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should just replace that with The Hits Radio.

The hits Radio changes on the 19th of January to Clyde 3 in Glasgow
    Forth 3 in Edinburgh etc
  • Options
    radio ladradio lad Posts: 408
    Forum Member

I know I was being sarcastic
  • Options
    Steven OliverSteven Oliver Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Station ID wrote: »
    I lived in the area in the 80's and 90's and how many presenters were from the area back then errrrr a couple at most.

And on the first day of Radio Borders in 1990 all four of its launch presenters were incomers to the area - the breakfast show and mid-morning jocks hailed from the west of Scotland while the afternoon and drivetime hosts came from Edinburgh. So it's nothing new. :)
  • Options
    mfrmfr Posts: 5,626
    Forum Member
    Major problems on DAB in Inverness. MFR 3, KISSTORY, Heat and Absolutes all off air. Not a one off either - they have been several times over the last week. MFR 1 and 2 both OK.
  • Options
    mfrmfr Posts: 5,626
    Forum Member
    mfr wrote: »
    Major problems on DAB in Inverness. MFR 3, KISSTORY, Heat and Absolutes all off air. Not a one off either - they have been several times over the last week. MFR 1 and 2 both OK.

24 hours later still off air. Not a great way to launch MFR 3!