Buying a gaming PC for under £900

I'm moving accommodation so I've decided to buy a new PC.

I've had my current PC for around 3.5 yrs and while I managed to fix it when it went funny 18 months ago (I finally worked out that it was a rogue graphics driver rather than a hardware issue) it's beginning to show its age.

I'm looking for something that can easily play the latest games such as Inquisition, but can also be used for a bit of light video editing (as well as the usual email and Office).

Any recommendations - I'm technically incompetent so I'd be useless at trying to build one from scratch.

Comments

• reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    Everyone is technically incompetent until they build a pc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could build a monster with £900. Wish I had disposable income like that for my PC!
  • TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your current PC is still probably plenty - install a fresh copy of the latest version of Windows.
    CPU, GPU and SSD. Only need to worry about potentially upgrading these guts not building a whole new PC.

Most innovations in last few years are more around mobile: energy efficiency and performance per watt rather than pushing the latest performance barriers.

If you have a 'K' unlocked CPU you can try overclocking this also for more performance gains.