Options

Do you think Ricky, Will or Tom be here for series 4 if there is one

StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
Forum Member
I really hope so.
It is a shame that Kylie is going.:(. At least I get to see her on tour in Manchester! :D

I hope that Danni Minogue, Nicole Scherzinger, Bonnie Tyler, Jessie J, Christina Aguilera or Katy Perry replace her. :)

Comments

• Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Tom will be, I'm sure. He seems to enjoy it and it's a nice little aside for his proper career. Will has become the BBC's darling and (allegedly) rejected a lot more money to jump ship to American Idol, so I can't see him quitting either.
    Ricky has been such an improvement as the "rock(ish)" judge when compared to Danny, so I hope he sticks around.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    I hope Ricky stays. I didn't like him at first - found him a bit smarmy and playing to the camera a bit. But he has won me over and I do like him more than I realised. And being Welsh of course I hope Tom stays. But it's not simply because of the Welsh connection, I do think Tom is the best coach up there, he might need a hearing aid but I find myself waiting for him speak over the others. In the way X Factor people would wait for Simon and his input, for me it is Tom.
  • Options
    ellieb123ellieb123 Posts: 7,546
    Forum Member
    BBC are apparently denying that Kylie has quit and are going to try to work out dates that could work for her.
    I also hope Ricky stays- he seems to have grown into the role, and has become a really good coach. Gets a lot of praise from his team, but also from people on the other teams too.
    Tom- not do sure.. He seems to have been a bit lost this series.
    Will? Can't see him leaving.
  • Options
    scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ellieb123 wrote: »
    BBC are apparently denying that Kylie has quit and are going to try to work out dates that could work for her.

It only takes 7-8 days to film so anything is possible.
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    In the Daily Mirror, the newspaper I get, She says she is going to quit due to tour unless dates are changed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It only takes 7-8 days to film so anything is possible.

Yeah, she only needs a week or two for the Blind Auditions, two or three days for the Knockouts and then three Saturdays. It's not like she's on Strictly or the X Factor which are a lot more time consuming, Kylie could easily fit her schedule around the filming dates.

The Coaches on the UK version actually do a lot less Coaching than their US counterparts (who really devote a lot of time to their acts) so it's not like it's a 24/7 job for her. The BBC have been after her since Series 1 so I can't see them letting her go without throwing absolutely everything they have at her.
  • Options
    NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope so.
    It is a shame that Kylie is going.:(. At least I get to see her on tour in Manchester! :D

I hope that Danni Minogue, Nicole Scherzinger, Bonnie Tyler, Jessie J, Christina Aguilera or Katy Perry replace her. :)

Christina has us voice which is way better don't see her switching
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom looked a bit off colour last night to me, but he seems to enjoy it usually. Will seems happy to be involved as ever and Ricky seemed to glow with the buzz of the live show last night.
  • Options
    adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly believe the bbc will cut there losses with the show this year
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adamski94 wrote: »

Huh cut their loses? The show is up on last year and most of the nights wins its slot. What a stupid sentence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I believe the contract is up, so a price increase might trigger this, but no the BBC won't pull the plug if they can afford not to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe the contract is up, so a price increase might trigger this, but no the BBC won't pull the plug if they can afford not to.

Wasn't the contract originally for two years though? So if anything they would have already sorted something out in order to get series three.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't the contract originally for two years though? So if anything they would have already sorted something out in order to get series three.

i thought they had an option for three, but I may be wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i thought they had an option for three, but I may be wrong.

They may have but then as they renewed for series three they may have the option for series four and so on.
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well its true the BBC has had difficulties in justifying buying in TVUK, but the simple reason is that they have singularly failed in creating anything other than Strictly Come Dancing as a headline mainstream entertainment hit this century. They need a second big format -doubly so now that ITV have bagged Rising Star (in addition to IAC,BGT,XF) which will presumably run in quarter one next year.
    All this makes it very unlikely the Beeb will ditch The Voice-especially as its truly finding its feet this time.. Only absolute excess cost or politics will prevent it imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    Well its true the BBC has had difficulties in justifying buying in TVUK, but the simple reason is that they have singularly failed in creating anything other than Strictly Come Dancing as a headline mainstream entertainment hit this century. They need a second big format -doubly so now that ITV have bagged Rising Star (in addition to IAC,BGT,XF) which will presumably run in quarter one next year.
    All this makes it very unlikely the Beeb will ditch The Voice. Only absolute excess cost or politics will prevent it imo.

Hang on the Great British Bake Off says hello.
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hang on the Great British Bake Off says hello.

I don't necessarily link the two, Im talking about shiny floor Saturday night entertainment-Bake off is many things but its not in that genre.
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like them to do rotating coaches if Kylie's not returning next year, so we'll get an entirely different panel next year than the San one we have now a year later, I'd have for next year:
    - Seal
    - Robbie Williams
    - Lana Del Ray
    - Jake Shears (Scissor Sisters)
  • Options
    adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Huh cut their loses? The show is up on last year and most of the nights wins its slot. What a stupid sentence.

Well if they need to cut cost why not axed there most expensive show
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    I don't necessarily link the two, Im talking about shiny floor Saturday night entertainment-Bake off is many things but its not in that genre.

It's still a massive hit and you said apart from Strictly they haven't had a hit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well if they need to cut cost why not axed there most expensive show

The question is what could they replace it with to get the ratings the Voice does and to also help boost their night. This is a thing a lot of people forget. Not only is the Voice up on last year so far it's really helping to boosts BBC Saturday nights overall. I mean look at Casualty last night. It got its best rating of the year so far. So I think it could be a big loss if they BBC lose it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    I'd like them to do rotating coaches if Kylie's not returning next year, so we'll get an entirely different panel next year than the San one we have now a year later, I'd have for next year:
    - Seal
    - Robbie Williams
    - Lana Del Ray
    - Jake Shears (Scissor Sisters)

Apart from Seal am not a big fan of your other choices Brit. I'd maybe got for:

Seal
    Christian Perri
    Jason Derulo
    Emily Sandi
    (Yes I no two girls, I thought it may spice things up)
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't rotate the ENTIRE panel out. I like how the Americans do it, with Adam and Blake being the familiar faces we've come to see every season. It's good to stick with familiarity.

And saying that, I like Will, Tom and Ricky too much to rotate them out anyway :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If they HAD to ditch/ replace the entire panel (I hope they don't- I think this incarnation is the strongest we've had) I'd go with:

Seal- Has Tom's legend status and has pedigree from The Voice Australia.
    Tom Fletcher- McFly have had a successful comeback and he's very TV friendly. Plus, he's said he wants the job in the past.
    Professor Green- Was the first choice for Ricky's job (they then plumped for Ricky to get a rock perspective) and he'd tick the urban box that will.i.am currently caters to.
    Paloma Faith- The female role is so hard. All of our top singers are probably too busy/ not interested (Adele, Lily Allen, Kate Bush, Emeli Sande), but Paloma has a great personality and a fantastic voice. I think it's inevitable she'll join the show in some capacity at some point, especially given she was a guest Coach in Series 1.
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Will is getting increasingly frustrated with how the winner has been chosen in the last two series, by that I mean the sentimental vote rather than raw, credible talent that can actually go on to be a success. If that happens again this year and, say, Sally wins I think he'll walk. Tom and Ricky will stay though.