WHAT? ITVBe ?

Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
Forum Member
What the hell? So ITV Be is going to show Reality Shows. ITV YBF (sorry - ITV 2) will lose out on a lot here!! PLEASE take ALL of ITV 2's programmes - and give them a chance to show better programmes like PLEBS! And to repeat their popular ITV programmes in an afternoon slot. But let ITV 2 show a few more classier programmes - like PLEBS and anything other than that ESSEX lot!!

In a word - or two - is it going to make any difference? What's the point?

Why have two channels showing the same crap???

I hope 'You've Been Framed' has been allotted - I so miss it!! :p:cool::cool:

Comments

• Gary_LandyFanGary_LandyFan Posts: 3,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently ITV2 is going to become ITV's Comedy channek similar to Comedy Central.

I'm quite happy that ITV have created a channel dedicated to the scripted reality crap, the simpleton programming doesnt tar other channels then!
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently ITV2 is going to become ITV's Comedy channek similar to Comedy Central.

I'm quite happy that ITV have created a channel dedicated to the scripted reality crap, the simpleton programming doesnt tar other channels then!

ITV don't have any comedies:D
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    By 'comedy' they probably mean Barbara, George and Mildred and other such 'classics' :o which have already been repeated to death on ITV3.:(>:(

ITV should improve the channels it already has not just increase the number of outlets for utter dross.>:(
  • ohglobbitsohglobbits Posts: 4,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    By 'comedy' they probably mean Barbara, George and Mildred and other such 'classics' :o which have already been repeated to death on ITV3.:(>:(

ITV should improve the channels it already has not just increase the number of outlets for utter dross.>:(
    ITV3 show far fewer comedies than Granada Plus did. This could be a great opputunity to see classics like Shelley or Jeeves and Wooster again.
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think ITV 2 is going to buy in some comedies in from America
  • moviesmanmoviesman Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Was I wrong in reading this channel was getting split into 3 sections 1 being for classic tv shows not meaning comedy
  • ariusukariusuk Posts: 13,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »

Plebs, The Job Lot, Mom, Birds of a Feather, Two and a half men, Dads, Viral Tap, Celebrity Juice, Benidorm...

ITV2 won't just be comedy. Shows like Xtra Factor remain, along with Tricked, Bad Bridesmaids, Release the Hounds etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking at the ITV2 listings on Digiguide for the first few days after ITVbe's launch it seems to be numerous repeats of The Cube, You've Been Framed,Two and a Half Men and similar fare filling the slots vacated by the tosh going to the new channel.
    Same old same old.:(>:(
  • DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm amazed there's no HD version yet.
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ohglobbits wrote: »
    ITV3 show far fewer comedies than Granada Plus did. This could be a great opputunity to see classics like Shelley or Jeeves and Wooster again.

Watching too.....
  • Callum_Preciou2Callum_Preciou2 Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    reminder that from next wednesday, ITV Be will launch and it's the new home of The Only Way Is Essex as well.
  • jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DragonQ wrote: »
    I'm amazed there's no HD version yet.

Who needs HD when we know how good ITV channels are in SD?

Oh wait...
  • tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member

Surely GMB is a comedy?
    Well, it is a joke at the very least!
  • finluxfinlux Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What about Bless This House, Man About The House and George And Mildred??

Obviously, nothing since :D:p
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From next week ITV2 looks quite similar to how it used to be, before the likes of TOWIE and Peter Andre reality shows started to dominate the schedule.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone remember when ITV2 made its own programmes (such as 'Soap Fever' and 'Bedrock' etc) before Keith Lemon led nonsense and Xtra Factor became the only 'homegrown' stuff that they bothered to make?:confused:
  • pzboyzpzboyz Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another channel to delete from the TV guide then
  • jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only keep them for when I fancy watching a Die Hard movie for the billionth time.

With so many on demand services, I'm amazed these channels can still exist by showing the same stuff over and over.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe ITV2 should start doing quiz shows at 20:00 and a politics show at 12:00 to rival BBC Two.
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just forced myself to sit through the five minute show reel now on - my god I'm lucky to still have a functioning frontal lobe. The only good news I suppose is that all these Botox, fake boobed and facepainted bimbos are now going to be corralled in the one place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Are they still showing the soaps on itv2 then?
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think I be watching a lot more CBS Action then ITVBe as it seems to have much better programs.
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are they still showing the soaps on itv2 then?

On the Thursday you have "dinner date" "may the best house win" "jeremy kyle USA"
    Saturday TOWIE programming (this includes Thursday as well) "beauty and the geek" millionaire matchmaker" "dallas cheerleaders" "bridezillas" so in short ITVBE is full of TOWIE programming and repeat on repeat of "dinner date" :o and also seeing the programme previews on the channel its definately a channel I'll happily avoid ... i'll just stick to ITV3 (out of the ITV family)
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »
    I just forced myself to sit through the five minute show reel now on - my god I'm lucky to still have a functioning frontal lobe. The only good news I suppose is that all these Botox, fake boobed and facepainted bimbos are now going to be corralled in the one place.

well at least we know the demographic this channel is aimed at .... didn't realise how bad ITV2 actually was until they introduced this new channel!
  • TORPIDO 1TORPIDO 1 Posts: 1,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    apparentky dinnerdate is new