Comments

• Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    Sounds like someone has broken an embargo !!!!
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been pondering my departure from The Apprentice for a while and have decided that year 10 is the appropriate time.

I've enjoyed being part of this wonderful television series for two reasons: firstly, because it's been fun and has opened up many unexpected opportunities for me, but more importantly, because I think The Apprentice is a truly valuable programme, teaching young people the basics of business - not in a classroom setting, but in a wonderfully entertaining format.

And the winners each year validate the value of the show - talented, creative and hardworking young people, all of whom are making a great success of their businesses.

So I leave with relief, tinged with regret. Anyone can do what Karren and I have been doing, but it takes stamina to follow the candidates week after week, and my stamina is not up to those long weeks.

I shall continue to enjoy the show from my armchair, marvelling at the candidates' self-esteem, at the sky-high production values of the producers and at the extraordinary talent of my old friend Alan Sugar.

– Nick Hewer

I wonder who they'll get to replace Nick. That just leaves Alan.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    Interesting that this news comes out and they had Ricky Martin on the interviewing panel, wonder if he could get the job?
  • ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I wouldn't mind if they would drop Sugar and co. and find someone else to give the show a fresh injection.
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    He can do Strictly next year !!!
  • Jay BigzJay Bigz Posts: 5,338
    Forum Member
    Claude is the ONLY man for the job....
  • Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,862
    Forum Member
    Nick please talk Sugar into leaving as well.
  • sausagesandwichsausagesandwich Posts: 2,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's had enough of the 5:30am starts, I expect, not to mention having to get into shot with the candidates and wait for LS to turn up in his own time.
  • CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Jay Bigz wrote: »

Came into this thread to suggest this exact thing. It'd be awesome to see him ripping everyone to shreds on a weekly basis! :D
  • elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noooo not Nick! :(
  • DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a pity!
    Nick's been such a major part of the show and his departure will leave a big hole to fill.
  • Stephen_SimpsonStephen_Simpson Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This!!! He is fantastic.
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    I don't think Claude should do it at all. He's good once a year at the interviews, and we all look forward to that; if he was an advisor each week, he'd either have to tone down his tough approach (taking out the thing that we all love about him) or keep doing it every week, which would mean the novelty would soon wear off.

I agree with the person who suggested Ricky. I also think the first winner, Tim Campbell, would do a good job.
  • DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Too harsh and lacks warmth.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It makes you wonder if this news was supposed to be announced Sunday on the You're Hired show and it's been leaked early by mistake?
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    Came into this thread to suggest this exact thing. It'd be awesome to see him ripping everyone to shreds on a weekly basis! :D
    The problem is he has a full time job running Viglen. Nick's role is quite demanding on time during the weeks of filming. Claude is rather self important, a bit of a bully. Nick is much more subtle and deadpan.

Whoever replaces Nick will have to spend a lot of time lurking in the background and only speak occasionally. I don't think Claude has the patience. Him being involved one episode a year is more than enough for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    It makes you wonder if this news was supposed to be announced Sunday on the You're Hired show and it's been leaked early by mistake?
    See post 2.
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Stella English to replace him:D

In all seriousness, I do think Ricky is being lined up as his replacement. I certainly don't want Claude after his ridiculous tantrum last night
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ricky seems like an obvious choice. Certainly has the eyebrows for it, and he was always credible throughout his own series. Don't know if it might be too big a diversion from the day job, though. If we're sifting through former candidates, Ruth Badger might be as good a choice as any.

Don't think Claude would do it. One day a year seems about right for him.
  • jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rwebster wrote: »
    Ricky seems like an obvious choice. Certainly has the eyebrows for it, and he was always credible throughout his own series. Don't know if it might be too big a diversion from the day job, though. If we're sifting through former candidates, Ruth Badger might be as good a choice as any.

Don't think Claude would do it. One day a year seems about right for him.

Good choice but I don't think they'll have two women in advisory roles.
  • x+yx+y Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll miss Nick. I hope he at least comes back next year for the interviews.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruth Badger looked well out of her depth on You're Fired recently. Definitely not suitable. I suspect Ricky Martin will get the job. Which is a shame as he's far too inexperienced for it. Will be younger than some candidates. It needs someone with a bit of authority.
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLAUD CLAUD CLAUD - nobody else will do!
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    x+y wrote: »
    I'll miss Nick. I hope he at least comes back next year for the interviews.

Hopefully :-) i will miss Nick :'(