Options

Why was Ken at Kal's funeral?

2»

Comments

• Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Ken's grandson, Simon, had accepted Kal as his stepfather and Kal and Leanne were to be married, so I suppose Ken thinks of the Nazirs as extended family. Will Tracy ever be found out, or will Carla always be the hate figure in the street?

It's hard to say.

I don't see how Carla can stay long term as a character without her being cleared. That said it is hard to see how Tracy can either - after all her intent was to kill Carla and even if she backed off, her actions caused the death of 2 people - plus of course stealing Michelle's keys was a criminal act in itself.

Best guess is that Deardre's death and her first husband's return will cause genuine contrition on tracy's part so she confesses, clearing Carla but there isn't enough hard evidence to convict her. So she stays in, shunned by the Community (except Robert, Amy and perhaps Ken) but out of Prison. Then in time, it will be forgotten or written off as an accident so we get back to tge 'everybody knows Tracy is a killer, doesn't like her but tolerates' status quo we have now.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    It's hard to say.

I don't see how Carla can stay long term as a character without her being cleared. That said it is hard to see how Tracy can either - after all her intent was to kill Carla and even if she backed off, her actions caused the death of 2 people - plus of course stealing Michelle's keys was a criminal act in itself.

Best guess is that Deardre's death and her first husband's return will cause genuine contrition on tracy's part so she confesses, clearing Carla but there isn't enough hard evidence to convict her. So she stays in, shunned by the Community (except Robert, Amy and perhaps Ken) but out of Prison. Then in time, it will be forgotten or written off as an accident so we get back to tge 'everybody knows Tracy is a killer, doesn't like her but tolerates' status quo we have now.
    A good post, kitkat1971
  • Options
    emilybemilyb Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No matter what people say about Ken, he is still a good looking man for 83 (although Ken isn't meant to be that age, I know) , he's always smart and well dressed, and at the moment , with Peter and Owen gone, he is still the best looking older man on the Street:D I mean who else do we have, Kevin, Lloyd, Tim, Dev, Michael?:o The Nazir Dad is not bad , either , for an old guy IMO:blush:

Ken's old enough to be my grandad so I don't find him attractive, but I can see how maybe someone Audrey's age would do.

I agree with u on Sharif though, he's very attractive for an older man. I quite like Tim too even though I don't normally go for bald guys
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A good post, kitkat1971

Thank you.

Not often we agree! So it's really appreciated x

It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
  • Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a4514 wrote: »
    Yeah men and women have to be separated at a funeral this usually is the case in the mosque, normally the person is buried the next day after they pass away and woman aren't allowed to go to the cemetery when the body is buried.

Why are men & women separated?. Why are women not allowed to go to the cemetery?. To be honest I really did not like the way women were behind a screen while the men were at the front. I don't understand it. It seems like blatant discrimination and it makes me feel sad.:(
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    He excitedly announced he had never been at a Muslim funeral before so he probably just went to satisfy his curiosity.

That was a weird and offensive line

I presume Ken knew the Nazirs well anyway what with Kal being Simon's stepdad
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why are men & women separated?. Why are women not allowed to go to the cemetery?. To be honest I really did not like the way women were behind a screen while the men were at the front. I don't understand it. It seems like blatant discrimination and it makes me feel sad.:(

Take that up with the founders of Islam over 2000 years ago.

ETA. Sorry, i don't mean to sound blunt but that has nothing to do with the Soap. They were accurately portraying a Muslim funeral (and almost every other Muslim ceremony( Men and Women are kept apart - if you have an issue with that you have an issue with Islam procedures dating back centuries.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2079297&page=4
    For anyone who is genuinely interested in how a muslim funeral is conducted.
    http://www.mbcol.org.uk/funeral-procedure/attending-a-muslim-funeral-a-guide-for-non-muslims/#.VXHuhnCkqrU
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Take that up with the founders of Islam over 2000 years ago.

ETA. Sorry, i don't mean to sound blunt but that has nothing to do with the Soap. They were accurately portraying a Muslim funeral (and almost every other Muslim ceremony( Men and Women are kept apart - if you have an issue with that you have an issue with Islam procedures dating back centuries.[/QUOT

Well I guess I do have a problem with Islamic procedures then.

I would hazard a guess that most decent, modern people who believe in equality would.

I take your point about my post not being Soap related though.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »

That link really just tells us how Islamic funerals are conducted. It doesn't tell us why.
  • Options
    JoshyxJoshyx Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    It later turns out that Ken and Kal were having a gay relationship with each other. Ken feels so guilty that he tells leanne
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,954
    Forum Member
    That link really just tells us how Islamic funerals are conducted. It doesn't tell us why.

I'm not an expert, but I think part of the reasoning behind separation of the sexes is to protect and shelter women from some aspects of life, rather as you might a child, because they are seen as weaker than men.

And so they aren't distracted by each other during prayers :)
  • Options
    CarrieBradshawCarrieBradshaw Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    sam_gee wrote: »
    I'm not an expert, but I think part of the reasoning behind separation of the sexes is to protect and shelter women from some aspects of life, rather as you might a child, because they are seen as weaker than men.

And so they aren't distracted by each other during prayers :)

That's part of how it felt when I attended a Muslim funeral - especially the burial part. We stood at a distance & could see the men as they shovelled soil back in until they had filled the grave themselves, rather than that being done after the funeral party had left. It was very moving to see that actually. The episode felt well done & 'real' to me - it certainly brought back memories for me anyway, made me shed a few tears & this was a funeral I attended in 2009. The men and women were all together when we viewed the body & it was a male family member who coordinated that (my then partner's father, who was the uncle of the deceased) - everything he did to look after the family that day was lovely.