Comments

• Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    Basil Brush & Aliona Vilani

(from one fox to another ;-))
  • winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aliona Vilani & Lionel Blair - Dirty ringer.
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aliona and Tony Blair dancing the squirmish - choreographed by Sarah Palin.

I don't think even Aliona could pin him down - it would take a lot of degreaser.

https://aftermathnews.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/blair-iraq-inquiry.jpg
  • ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    teeswolf wrote: »
    Pixie was as good as a pro IMO.

Aliona is still the best of the lot though :)

That's because she was one. ;)
  • Gill_BrettGill_Brett Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Damahepa wrote: »
    Amended ;)

No I don't like your alteration I agree with Teeswolf ;-)
  • DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gill_Brett wrote: »
    No I don't like your alteration I agree with Teeswolf ;-)

Haha well when someone takes themselves so seriously and has such a high opinion of themselves you have to be able to laugh at their expense occasionally ;)
  • soexcitedsoexcited Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    I dont have a suggestion for celeb, just hope she gets someone decent or we will have to watch her slapped bum face again if she gets a no hoper. Predict they will give her someone decent as the beeb seem to love her. Would much rather have seen iveta back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A new football candidate will soon be available.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02938/seppdancing_2938156a.gif
  • winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sepp Blatter & Aliona Vilani
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to say, I don't think its a rumour that has any substance but Gordan Ramsey is rumoured for the next series. How about him and Aliona? :D Just think Aliona - at least he's a real chef and at least it's a bit of an improvement on Gregg :cool: Although the battle of wills in the training room could be a sight to behold :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    Just to say, I don't think its a rumour that has any substance but Gordan Ramsey is rumoured for the next series. How about him and Aliona? :D Just think Aliona - at least he's a real chef and at least it's a bit of an improvement on Gregg :cool: Although the battle of wills in the training room could be a sight to behold :o

The discussions might sound like morse code.

I suspect Gordon would be unteachable. Gary Rhodes set an extremely low standard (which Gregg got nowhere near), but I reckon Gordon could limbo under it with room to spare.
  • DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fatskia wrote: »

I suspect Gordon would be unteachable. Gary Rhodes set an extremely low standard (which Gregg got nowhere near), but I reckon Gordon could limbo under it with room to spare.

What the f**k is a F*****ng Cha Cha? And don't try and boss me around because <rest of transmission irrepeatable..."
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Aliona's having nightmares about being paired up with Anthony Cotton yet...?
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fatskia wrote: »

I think foodies/chefs have been hit and miss on strictly. I didn't watch when James Martin did the show but I heard he was quite popular. Dave Myers although a comedy duffer went down well with the audience too. The problem with both Gary and Gregg is neither of them endeared themselves to the audience for various reasons.

I think one of the reasons Gregg had hoped to get Karen was he was hoping she could have done the same for him that she did for Dave - but what Gregg didn't understand is Dave and Karen's partnership was successful because he's fundamentally much more likeable personality than him.....I don't think any pro could have made Gregg popular - most people can see through his cheeky chappy persona to the shifty, unpleasant character that's he's more likely to be - I don't think the memory of his playing up to the cameras over the years on Masterchef helped him either.
    Tejas wrote: »
    I wonder if Aliona's having nightmares about being paired up with Anthony Cotton yet...?

I actually think if she got him she would be rather relieved given who she's had for the past few years....Anthony no doubt can be very unpleasant but I think for a family show like strictly he'd have enough sense to tone things down and appear more likeable...and whatever we think of him on here, he is popular to a certain extent - he's obviously popular with his bosses if it's true they'll give him time off to do strictly....he also won LDFCR and judging by that he can dance a bit...I think if he does strictly he's got the potential to go all the way and surely that's what most pros want - a celeb partner with potential to do well?