Options

Anyone else loving the Les/Pam/Paul set up?

lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
Forum Member
✭✭
I think this family unit is great and after being critical of Les & Pam, I'm seeing potential now. I think Paul is a great addition to the show, and I think they're blending in really well ATM. I enjoyed tonight's episode. The drama at the Jackson's, Beale's, between Sharon & Phil, and Pam's party at The Albert felt very old school EastEnders, IMO:).

I just hope they don't forget about Les & Pam for weeks again now. I don't want them to be shoved down viewers throat, but them disappearing for weeks on end isn't doing them any favours. :(

Either way, I'm really liking the set up ATM. :)

Comments

• Options
    bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I do, but then I've always liked Pam and Les. Good to have some older characters on the show and I love how Les over emphasises everything he says.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul is insufferable and Pam is a dangerously unhinged psychopath. Thanks.
  • Options
    SonicmfcSonicmfc Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul and Pam are alright. Les is annoying and the actor is not doing a great job
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    Paul is insufferable and Pam is a dangerously unhinged psychopath. Thanks.

Don't you like Paul?
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope I'm not, I don't buy the Les and Claudette affair.

I dislike pam and her Ultra chirpiness.

Paul he is just a token gay character and a bit of eye candy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Don't you like Paul?

He's probably my least favourite character at the moment. Do you?
  • Options
    lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    Nope I'm not, I don't buy the Les and Claudette affair.

I dislike pam and her Ultra chirpiness.

Paul he is just a token gay character and a bit of eye candy

I have never liked Pam, to in your face. Les I don't mind . Paul is annoying too playing all the games.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Paul is too in your face like his nan. I think he could be a bitch as well, and my gawd he loves himself. Les is OK away from his family.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea27 wrote: »
    I have never liked Pam, to in your face. Les I don't mind . Paul is annoying too playing all the games.

exactly she is the type of person I would give a very wide berth to.

dont get the paul thing tho I am sensing he is not quite the beloved grandson Pam portrays him as
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like it :)

It's brought life to the couple, who were good anyway.
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it will all be more interesting, and im sure with more twists from the past, when the affair comes out.

If Paul were not gay, I would suggest a hook up between him and Donna, just to complicate things further.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Pam, I think she's sweet and realistic. I don't think the actor who plays Les is any good at all. Paul is alright.
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Les and Pam I'm still holding out hope that Les and Claudette are not actually having an affair and there is another explanation. We've never actually seen them kiss one another or directly reference being in a relationship. It has just been cosy little chats behind Pam's back which there could potentially be another explanation for. I hope there's a twist and we find out they're not having an affair and something else is going instead.
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pam is a bit OTT and Les is just terrible. I hope he leaves when the truth about Claudette comes out. Too early to say whether Paul is a good addition or not, but his fashion sense needs work, that was immediately obvious. :p
  • Options
    shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Paul but I just find Pam so irritating.
  • Options
    kazi1976kazi1976 Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    I don't really understand the Les & Claudette affair because he appears to adore Pam and Claudette is her friend too. I hope the reasons will be properly explained and not just that he's a cheating swine.
  • Options
    owen10owen10 Posts: 128,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im loving it Les and Pam needed Paul as there characters were getting a bit dull
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Les and Pam I'm still holding out hope that Les and Claudette are not actually having an affair and there is another explanation. We've never actually seen them kiss one another or directly reference being in a relationship. It has just been cosy little chats behind Pam's back which there could potentially be another explanation for. I hope there's a twist and we find out they're not having an affair and something else is going instead.

I have never thought for one second that they are having an affair - it is a red herring and I think there is far more to their relationship than meets the eye.

I hope that I am right about this.

As for the family I enjoy the kindly Pam and really love Les.

He gets an awful lot of criticism on here but I like Rogers's portrayal of the character - so shoot me! :D

With regard to Paul I am baffled by all of the swooning over the charactere. At the moment all I see is a smarmy little hypocrite.

But I always give new people in Walford a few months to bed in - then I will decide what I actually think of him.
  • Options
    machobobmachobob Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't like Les. The character or the actor who plays him. Feels very forced and not like a real person somehow? It's a very distracting performance.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    I've liked Pam and Les more since Paul arrived. They've become much more interesting. I like Paul's relationship with them. I hope the storyline about Les and Claudette isn't dragged out for too long before we find out what's really going on. If it goes on for months it will just get frustrating and annoying.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    I've liked Pam and Les more since Paul arrived. They've become much more interesting. I like Paul's relationship with them. I hope the storyline about Les and Claudette isn't dragged out for too long before we find out what's really going on. If it goes on for months it will just get frustrating and annoying.

Having just watched Friday's episode a typical affair now looks far more likely between them (my post above was written before I had seen it).

But there is still a small chance that TPTB have something far more original in mind.

I do hope so. :)
  • Options
    eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My heart broke a little for Paul and Pam on Friday when Paul figured out that Pam thought he'd stayed away because he was angry about her part in Laurie's death. I'm curious as to where the storyline will go from here, and I'll confess that I don't really have any idea what will happen. I like that.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it is a good set up
    I have met a Pam and Les type couple before. Pam reminds me a little bit of my grandmother.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it is a good set up
    I have met a Pam and Les type couple before. Pam reminds me a little bit of my grandmother.

I'm assuming your grandmother isn't a vicious murderer, though, LM?