Natalie Imbruglia - Beauty on the Fire

zummigummizummigummi Posts: 320
Forum Member
Isn't this one of the most beautiful songs in existence? it deserves to be much more known than it is.

Comments

• Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my favourite songs!
  • That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her albums are gorgeous. She deserves way more success.
  • allthatyouwantallthatyouwant Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my favourite songs ever! Natalie Imbruglia is my life!!
  • zummigummizummigummi Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    Perfect isn't she.

Although I have to admit her fourth studio album was bloody awful. Her first three and greatest hits however = perfection.
  • Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this song so much!
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also think "Big Mistake" is underrated. It was a great follow up to Torn.
  • allthatyouwantallthatyouwant Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zummigummi wrote: »
    Perfect isn't she.

Although I have to admit her fourth studio album was bloody awful. Her first three and greatest hits however = perfection.

Come To Life is one of my favourite albums ever; Fun should have been massive!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Easily Natalie's best track. Probably in my top 3 favourite tracks ever!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ashtray88 wrote: »
    I also think "Big Mistake" is underrated. It was a great follow up to Torn.

Agreed - such an epic.I generally loved her more challenging singles - ie the ones that Capital didn't play. That Day and Smoke were amazing.
  • Cheap ThrillsCheap Thrills Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    'Beauty on the Fire' and 'Smoke' are two of my favourite Natalie Imbruglia songs. She's so underrated. I've been listening to her music a lot over the last month or so. Even b-sides like 'Hide Behind the Sun', 'Contradictions', 'Why' and 'Something Better' are great.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Beauty on the Fire' and 'Smoke' are two of my favourite Natalie Imbruglia songs. She's so underrated. I've been listening to her music a lot over the last month or so. Even b-sides like 'Hide Behind the Sun', 'Contradictions', 'Why' and 'Something Better' are great.

This was a B-side I particularly liked of Natalie's. An album track I particluarly liked for being so haunting was Leave Me Alone. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqDlLpPV2PA
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She should have done an album of her B Sides as they were great :)
  • Gav 2.0Gav 2.0 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it, but it isn't even in my top 5 Natalie songs. She is suuch an underrated songwriter, and her back catalogue is incredible. Even Come To Life had it's merits as an album. Her top three though, for me, have to be Big Mistake, Wrong Impression & Counting Down The Days.
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great song and White Lilies Island is one of my favourite albums ever. So much better than her overrated debut album, imo. It deserved to be huge. Counting Down The Days isn't bad. I haven't heard her fourth album, must check it out.
  • 12december198412december1984 Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hear, hear.

Beauty on the Fire is an under-rated gem, as are most of Natalie's songs.

Also a massive fan of That Day:

http://youtu.be/1e2_MvwLTI8

Wrong Impression:

http://youtu.be/3Vt0d9YlTC4
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I now have White Lilies Island on. Love it as much as always. That Day is such a brilliant opener.
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »
    I now have White Lilies Island on. Love it as much as always. That Day is such a brilliant opener.

Agreed. White Lilies Island is such a beautiful album. My favourites are Do you Love, Sunlight and Butterflies.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zummigummi wrote: »
    Isn't this one of the most beautiful songs in existence? it deserves to be much more known than it is.

I prefer the song Torn.

Is she a little stuck up? Thats the impression I got when Dominik Diamond mentioned her.
  • chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These are the tracks that I like - Shiver, Torn, CDTD (:D) , Wrong Impression, Glorious.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did not know she has released new songs?
  • Cheap ThrillsCheap Thrills Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    She should have done an album of her B Sides as they were great :)

That would be cool.
    This was a B-side I particularly liked of Natalie's. An album track I particluarly liked for being so haunting was Leave Me Alone. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqDlLpPV2PA

Leave Me Alone is a great song, it has a Portishead vibe to it.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Love Natalie. Her singles compilation is amazing. Beauty on the Fire, That Day, Smoke and Counting Down the Days are my favourites.
  • crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her music too, my two faves as of now from Nat are Leave Me Alone & Want.
  • TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    The last album was really good but Want was a total stinker. Madness to release that. It wasn't even representative of the album's style.

Fun or Scars are fantastic tracks, even if I prefer the more upbeat demo version of Scars.